Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: How many are planning to buy PsP in the future??
Have it on Pre-order or own it already 7 15.56%
Going to buy PSP within the release date 10 22.22%
Not interested, DS is enough for me 5 11.11%
Too much money for my blood 23 51.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-05, 03:35 PM   #37
|MaguS|

Default Re: How many Looking forward to the PSP!! wo0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthunter
We are not talking IPOD though...heck with IPOD you dont need to hook a brick to get 25 hours of performance..LOL

I am not getting the PSP to play MP3's....I want it for games only that all I care about and majority of people who are into handhelds do.
Sony isn't aiming for the majority of Handheld owners, they are aiming for the ones who don't own one or never thought of owning one due to the kiddy image. They are aiming for the same people who never owned a console till the PSX released and gave a new look to console gaming.

The Ipod's battery life is about 8 to 12 hours, the PSP in MP3 mode is around 8 to 10... not a big difference considering what else you can do with the PSP that you cant with the Ipod.
Old 02-22-05, 03:59 PM   #38
gram_vaz
Cybersix

yup, that's right egbtmagus. sony has said they're aiming for the 'walkman' demographic. not on kiddies that have to beg their mom and dad to buy them games but young and old adults that will spend lots of money on psp games and movies.
gram_vaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 09:55 PM   #39
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Why would you not want it to come down in price? You like spending way more then it should be? The markup on it is ridiculous.
Bad Boy got it in one. You getting a PSP is like fallguy getting a GT. It's just wrong and God will kill kittens.

And what's this idiot talk of markup? Sony is taking a hit on the hardware like they always do. Seriously, Nintendo fanboys should be shot, not really for justice or anything, but because it would make for an awesome documentary. VZ goes medieval on the Big Ninny.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 08:22 AM   #40
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Bad Boy got it in one. You getting a PSP is like fallguy getting a GT. It's just wrong and God will kill kittens.

And what's this idiot talk of markup? Sony is taking a hit on the hardware like they always do. Seriously, Nintendo fanboys should be shot, not really for justice or anything, but because it would make for an awesome documentary. VZ goes medieval on the Big Ninny.

It is a markup..big time...

Why wont they offer the standard edition? They want you to get all the accessories that cost barely anything to make and raise the price $250

When you are making hundreds of thousands of these...$250 is a big markup..Sony is always known to markup all items, form PDA's to TV's to Monitors.

Also to say you dont want it cheaper is silly...you want as many people to buy this..otherwise going to have an N-Gage on your hands...whcih btw is way better then the GBA SP or DS in terms of hardware..but where is it now?
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 08:37 AM   #41
|MaguS|

But the N-Gage has/had almost NO software support. I think the DS is catching up to it in amount of games releases, lol.

Sony will never go the way of the N-Gage or Neopocket because developers WILL make games for them because its Sony. As for the price, yeah $250 is a markup over the none value unit but Sony still loses tons off every unit made. I wouldn't dout that it costs Sony over $300 to make a single unit.
Old 02-23-05, 08:43 AM   #42
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
But the N-Gage has/had almost NO software support. I think the DS is catching up to it in amount of games releases, lol.

Sony will never go the way of the N-Gage or Neopocket because developers WILL make games for them because its Sony. As for the price, yeah $250 is a markup over the none value unit but Sony still loses tons off every unit made. I wouldn't dout that it costs Sony over $300 to make a single unit.

Not when you are ordering 1 million of them...Sony wants you to believe they are losing money.
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Old 02-23-05, 08:53 AM   #43
|MaguS|

You know really little dont you... How much do you think Sony sells the PS2 to EB, especially at launch? Wana know? EB had to pay $280 for EVERY PS2 at launch, thats the reason for bundles from them. They make CRAP off the hardware. Sony lost about $100 per PS2 made/sold prior to version 3+, MS lost over $150 per Xbox made/sold.

If Sony was making them alot cheaper don't you think it would have been ALOT smarter to sell them cheaper then to get a larger installment base? The profit off the consoles is meaningless, its all about installment base and then software sales...
Old 02-23-05, 09:09 AM   #44
Ghosthunter

No because Sony has this attitude they can do whatever they want because they think they are #1. They did this with their Sony Clie..yeah their hardware was way better then Palm Pilots...but look where they are now...I never said EB makes a lot of money from consoles...usually retailer does not..

Well got news for them..going to take a while to catch up, just recently reported that GBA outsold PS2, there are now over 28 million GBA's out there...plus 1.3 Million DS, and only 27 million PS2

I dont think Nintendo has anything to worry about from the PSP. Where is all the advertising for the PSP in Nroth America? I have yet to see any at all..in fact majority of people never even knew Sony was making a portable system..only people who know are die hard fans....when PS2 was coming out..everyone knew about it.
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64

Old 02-23-05, 09:10 AM   #45
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I'd much rather spend that $250 on a new processor or some nice RAM. I have my cell phone to play Tetris on road trips.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 09:36 AM   #46
|MaguS|

Quote:
Well got news for them..going to take a while to catch up, just recently reported that GBA outsold PS2, there are now over 28 million GBA's out there...plus 1.3 Million DS, and only 27 million PS2

I dont think Nintendo has anything to worry about from the PSP. Where is all the advertising for the PSP in Nroth America? I have yet to see any at all..in fact majority of people never even knew Sony was making a portable system..only people who know are die hard fans....when PS2 was coming out..everyone knew about it.
GBA and the PS2 are in two different markets so I don't know how you figure you can compare thier sales figure, One is a handheld and the other is a console.

The PSP is currently sold out EVERYWHERE (US Wise), there is not one retailer that has been taking preorders and has not sold out.

You are such a Nintendo fanboi that you will bring up the smallest arguement even if it doesnt make sense, we know you don't like it but stop making opinionated statements and holding them as facts.
Old 02-23-05, 09:55 AM   #47
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
GBA and the PS2 are in two different markets so I don't know how you figure you can compare thier sales figure, One is a handheld and the other is a console.

The PSP is currently sold out EVERYWHERE (US Wise), there is not one retailer that has been taking preorders and has not sold out.

You are such a Nintendo fanboi that you will bring up the smallest arguement even if it doesnt make sense, we know you don't like it but stop making opinionated statements and holding them as facts.

How can it be sold out in North America when it not been released yet? LOL

And you can still preorder from EB games here in NY if you want to..as long as you dont mind spending $400 for the bundle..LOL

My point about the sales is that PSP is no way a threat to Nintendo...
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Old 02-23-05, 12:49 PM   #48
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
I'd much rather spend that $250 on a new processor or some nice RAM. I have my cell phone to play Tetris on road trips.
Would you be able to play Tetris on a 2 week road trip and nothing more? For being in sales and constantly traveling, I really do not feel like wanting to spend anywhere near $3-4k on a decent gaming notebook that'll weigh 20lbs. and surely dont want to be staring at falling bricks for hours. So buying the PSP is keeping myself entertained while not having my home PC to do so for me. Ya, I hear ya on rather putting your money toward PC upgrades, as I have spent thousands on mine as well, but PSP is just an entirely awesome system to have for at-home and on-road purposes

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote