Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-05, 05:01 PM   #157
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Best wow thread ever..lol

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&T=1927289&P=1

Last edited by Tyr-Sog; 03-14-05 at 05:20 PM.
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-05, 05:22 PM   #158
UDawg
Retired spammer

I am more teh dumb for reading some of those posts. A complete wast of time. It seems to me that they have never played CS.LOL
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-05, 07:07 PM   #159
ChrisRay

Priests have 3 options for defense when things take aggro on them. The first one is fear and its not very viable. It will only likely pull more on you. Unless its outdoor scenerio Its not really a good idea. The second one is fade. Which will work 60% of the time. And Shadow Priests are likely to have "Improved Fade". Assuming it works. It should lasts 10-20 seconds dependent on talents. Which is a fairly decent amount of time to get aggro back. The last is Power Word: Shield. Which will protect the Priest. But will actually increase the priests hate. NPCS hate this spell when they are already mad at you.

We can also spam flash heal on ourselves as well. Which usually can work. A Priest isnt going to run around though. Especially in an instance. Thats suicide.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-05, 07:14 PM   #160
demonized
R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
lol, lots of gay angry players.
2GB OCZ PC3200 EL platinum.
ATI X800XL
SB Audigy gamer
NEC 2500a 8x8x32
Liteon 52x24x52
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-05, 07:15 PM   #161
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog
I can only imagine what you're like in a group. I'll put money on it your one of those guys I'd stop healing really fast.
Because I expect people to perform their roles? If you refuse to heal somebody because they tell you what your role is you are not welcome in our groups. I perform my role in the group perfectly and expect the same back from the other members, but how dare I expect that right?

Quote:
The first one is fear and its not very viable. It will only likely pull more on you.
Anybody who uses fear in a instance needs their bollocks cutting off with a spoon.
Old 03-14-05, 08:11 PM   #162
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Because I expect people to perform their roles? If you refuse to heal somebody because they tell you what your role is you are not welcome in our groups. I perform my role in the group perfectly and expect the same back from the other members, but how dare I expect that right?

Yep, you're one of them.
Old 03-14-05, 08:16 PM   #163
ChrisRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk

Anybody who uses fear in a instance needs their bollocks cutting off with a spoon.

Again. A Priests only role in this game is not healing. Maybe you should go back to EQ 1. I think you'll be happier there. Blizzard clearly stated that Priests were not to be healbots when they made this game.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 03-14-05, 08:40 PM   #164
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
Again. A Priests only role in this game is not healing. Maybe you should go back to EQ 1. I think you'll be happier there. Blizzard clearly stated that Priests were not to be healbots when they made this game.

I think his priest issues stem to his in game attitude and that of what he represents here. Most priests arn't gonna put up with it and rightfully so. They probablly get pissed and stop healing or focus more of the energy on others in the group who deserve it. He inturn just assumes they're poor healers and have no clue in what they are doing.

A priests job isn't to keep the instance group constantly healed, it's to keep the group alive and going. If I warn a tank not to pull ahead because I need mana and they do, they die, I regen mana and I take my time to res them. If some hot headed mage nukes, pulls a bunch of aggro, he can die, I'll heal and keep the others alive and again, regen mana a res him. People become really selfish when they have a priest in the group and I have no clue why, it's really our rules if we want it to be.

If the group continues to act like that then I split. 10 other groups are waiting for a healer outside. It's the perk of being the least used class and the one that heals the best.

Oh thats right, that pally going to heal ya through that instance. rofl..

Old 03-15-05, 03:04 AM   #165
vampireuk
**** Holster

Again with the deleting of the posts chris? Since when is it acceptable for two members to act like arseholes(outside the PF) about something as little as a game. I was voicing complaints due to my own personal experiences and you two little kids came crawling out from under your rocks to whine cry and act like general idiots.
Old 03-15-05, 03:06 AM   #166
ChrisRay

There's a difference between voicing your opinion. And starting to flame people. No one here insulted you. They suggested they would never group with you and questioned your ability at playing the game. But I have overlooked this thread and have seen no "Flames" towards you. At least not since the discussion about Priests and you began.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 03-15-05, 03:08 AM   #167
vampireuk
**** Holster

You both acted like a bunch of first class arseholes instead of bothering to read what I was saying. Take note of my pm suggesting you blow something out of a body cavity.
Old 03-15-05, 03:09 AM   #168
ChrisRay

Why? Because we didnt agree with your opinion and over generalising statements? Your comments happen to be one of my biggest pet peeves about being a priest class. People who assume they always know what my role is and exactly what I should be doing. I still wasnt flaming you other than pointing out what I felt was an incredibly short sited opinion on your part.. If you actually read the Priest forums. You will find my that mine and his sentiments are shared similarly with many priests within in the forum.

Had someone came in and said "Warriors suck, They cant hold aggro, Or tank. And are never in defensive form when tanking elite dungeons". How would you have reacted? You probably would have corrected oversights on their generalising statements about the class.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator