Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-15-05, 08:13 AM   #181
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

No, it IS viable in PvP, you can't get honor for zerging someone 10 levels higher or 10 levels lower. This honor system means jack if there isn't PvP doesn't count. That means PvP is meaningless still. If you don't involve the PvP servers in this, then lame little botters and solo players can just get the highest ranks. Someone who hasn't killed a single person could be the highest rank on the server, that's stupid. They just need to implement a level range for honorablee and dishonorable kills. Blizzard doesn't need to screw this up for PvPers.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 08:38 AM   #182
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

So what happens when you are forced to kill lower levels to defend yourself? I don't want to have my honour screwed up by a bunch of low levels who think for some reason they can take me on and beat me. I agree something needs to be done about those who run around ganking those who are far below them level wise, but they will also be punishing a lot of players if they dishonoured players for defending theirselves and fellow raid members.
Old 03-15-05, 08:43 AM   #183
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
So what happens when you are forced to kill lower levels to defend yourself? I don't want to have my honour screwed up by a bunch of low levels who think for some reason they can take me on and beat me. I agree something needs to be done about those who run around ganking those who are far below them level wise, but they will also be punishing a lot of players if they dishonoured players for defending theirselves and fellow raid members.
They've already stated you don't get dishonorable for killing greys that are actual players, only NPCs.

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 09:27 AM   #184
vampireuk
**** Holster

Yeah I was refering to if they instituted honour in pvp too. Perhaps they could have the honour system working fully on pvp servers and just for pve on pve servers. Ganking is going to be more of a issue on pvp servers than it is on pve. The only problem with this patch is the crossroads guards may already be greyed out for me by the time it comes out
Old 03-15-05, 09:28 AM   #185
FuSi0N

I feel like a total newb asking this, but I haven't been able to figure this out. I successfully created some macros but how do I make them appear as a button on my action bar? I tried clicking and dragging to where it looks it should go (btw im playing as a rogue so this would go next to the stealth button as I've seen in other player's screenshots.

TIA
FuSi0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 09:40 AM   #186
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

FuSiON, most people you've seen are using a UI mod to have extra action buttons. The Stealth bar is not an action bar. It works more like a tab than anything else.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 09:49 AM   #187
vampireuk
**** Holster

I don't know where I would be without Cosmos

On another note my 45 warrior whooped a 44 rogue last night in a duel. Started with stealth stun and a backstab, I responded with demoralizing shout and a sunder while clubbing at him with my 1h and shield. He stunned once again and tried some move that I can't give a name to. I followed up with a couple more sunders then realised his attacks were not causing much damage to me, I whipped out bonebiter hit him with 2 heroic strikes a crit and finished him with execute. Finished with about 1/4 health, I have to say I was bloody suprised when I won.
Old 03-15-05, 10:18 AM   #188
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:

On another note my 45 warrior whooped a 44 rogue last night in a duel. Started with stealth stun and a backstab, I responded with demoralizing shout and a sunder while clubbing at him with my 1h and shield. He stunned once again and tried some move that I can't give a name to. I followed up with a couple more sunders then realised his attacks were not causing much damage to me, I whipped out bonebiter hit him with 2 heroic strikes a crit and finished him with execute. Finished with about 1/4 health, I have to say I was bloody suprised when I won.
Isn't bonebitter a great axe. I got +7 weaon damage on mine. Even at my lvl 37 I can get 700 crit every once in a while. It is the best quest weapons I have gotten to date.

BTW It still bothers me that people think they are l33t when they beat a warrior. I am also tired of other warriors saying "you don't know how to use a warrior" Total BS. As a warrior you are handicapped when dueling. What pisses me off even more is that rogues are almost the same as a warrior. Why have a warrior then except for wearing plate. BIG WHOOP! I started a rogue last night and he is way better at fighting. It is just a fact that Blizzard made the warrior usefull for only one thing, tanks for instances. Other than that they are just a big dumb tool. I am developing my rogue for PVP action with my guild.

BTW I will have to say that sweeping strike is pretty cool.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-05, 10:29 AM   #189
vampireuk
**** Holster

Warriors are indeed handicapped when dueling but when battlegrounds comes out they will have a whole new role. Also when in a big pvp brawl a warrior is quite fun especially when you intercept somebody and they have no idea what just hit them.
Old 03-15-05, 10:32 AM   #190
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Quote:

Sorry, you dueled a bad rogue. My 49 rogue has never lost a duel to a warrior, and Ive beaten paladins my level, mages 5 levels above me, warriors a few levels above me. The only thing I have a hard time with is another rogue.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 10:36 AM   #191
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Isn't bonebitter a great axe. I got +7 weaon damage on mine. Even at my lvl 37 I can get 700 crit every once in a while. It is the best quest weapons I have gotten to date.

BTW It still bothers me that people think they are l33t when they beat a warrior. I am also tired of other warriors saying "you don't know how to use a warrior" Total BS. As a warrior you are handicapped when dueling. What pisses me off even more is that rogues are almost the same as a warrior. Why have a warrior then except for wearing plate. BIG WHOOP! I started a rogue last night and he is way better at fighting. It is just a fact that Blizzard made the warrior usefull for only one thing, tanks for instances. Other than that they are just a big dumb tool. I am developing my rogue for PVP action with my guild.

BTW I will have to say that sweeping strike is pretty cool.
You will see at higher levels, rogues have a hard time taking out 2 mobs their own level unless they get the jump. Rogues cant take nearly as many hits as a warrior, but they do deal significantly more damage. I hate when I joined a group and they expect me to tank, it just doesnt work. I always let a warrior aggro, come from behind with an ambush or cheapshot. If I use ambush I take the aggro because of the damage Im doing to it (700+ in 1 hit, usually 1000 total dealt in the next two seconds) so then what is the warrior going to do. Yea I follow with a feint, but as soon as I hit a sinister strike, theyre back on me. Rogues have to learn how to group. Whenever I group, I always end up the main puller, which is fine with me, because a good rogue can do wonders for a group. I believe there is no better puller in the game than a rogue.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-05, 11:39 AM   #192
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
You will see at higher levels, rogues have a hard time taking out 2 mobs their own level unless they get the jump. Rogues cant take nearly as many hits as a warrior, but they do deal significantly more damage. I hate when I joined a group and they expect me to tank, it just doesnt work. I always let a warrior aggro, come from behind with an ambush or cheapshot. If I use ambush I take the aggro because of the damage Im doing to it (700+ in 1 hit, usually 1000 total dealt in the next two seconds) so then what is the warrior going to do. Yea I follow with a feint, but as soon as I hit a sinister strike, theyre back on me. Rogues have to learn how to group. Whenever I group, I always end up the main puller, which is fine with me, because a good rogue can do wonders for a group. I believe there is no better puller in the game than a rogue.
Very well stated and is the reason why I want a rogue to compliment my Warrior, so I can pic wich over one my guild needs at that quest.

WRT to you accurate about the damage a rogue and warrior put out I really dislike that. The warrior should deal out more damage along with his armor. The rougue should as it is now be able to give devistating ganks and then move on.

Again I don't mind the warrior not being a good duel charater, I just don't like it when people don't understand how the warrior is handicapped. That being said I do love tanking for a group and I piss them off when I gather up as many lvl 20s as possible. LOL They don't realize I can take them all down with just one heal from the priest and if I flip Retaliation it is all over them and throw in Sweeping Strikes and it gets messy.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote