Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-17-05, 06:39 AM   #205
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
It's ability available in defensive stance for the warrior, you need a shield equiped to use the ability. It reduces all damage done by mobs by 75% for 10 seconds, I always use it with challenging shout so I take the attention of every mob around me and they tickle me for 7 dmg each.

It's a hell of a ability when used properly in a group, I used it when we had to fight 4 elite ogres including some ugly ogre boss. Blood rage - beserker stance - intercept - defensive stance - demoralizing shout to attract the attention of the others - challenging shout when the priest heals to keep the aggro followed by shield wall. Dead ogres.
Nice.

I just respec'd my rogue from an ambush to a heavy combat build. I have to say, Im liking it so far
Old 03-17-05, 07:38 AM   #206
ChrisRay

I have actually rolled a warrior. Priest Heal botting can get really boring. I feel like a drone anymore. So I am taking a break.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 08:28 AM   #207
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
It's ability available in defensive stance for the warrior, you need a shield equiped to use the ability. It reduces all damage done by mobs by 75% for 10 seconds, I always use it with challenging shout so I take the attention of every mob around me and they tickle me for 7 dmg each.

It's a hell of a ability when used properly in a group, I used it when we had to fight 4 elite ogres including some ugly ogre boss. Blood rage - beserker stance - intercept - defensive stance - demoralizing shout to attract the attention of the others - challenging shout when the priest heals to keep the aggro followed by shield wall. Dead ogres.
I always prefer the much more stressful tactic of doing exactly that, only using Retaliation instead of Shield Wall. It's loads of fun but if the healer's not paying attention it doesn't last too long. This strategy worked extremely well at the Zul'Farrak troll raid (Divinomatic Rod). Plus it's just fun.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 09:48 AM   #208
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I killed probably 12 alliance yesterday in Hillsbrad

my new axe (32.6dps) + windfurry = deadness for lvl 32 and under muahaha

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 10:14 AM   #209
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
I always prefer the much more stressful tactic of doing exactly that, only using Retaliation instead of Shield Wall. It's loads of fun but if the healer's not paying attention it doesn't last too long. This strategy worked extremely well at the Zul'Farrak troll raid (Divinomatic Rod). Plus it's just fun.
Yeah also getting a few heavy hitting crits in on a mob is always handy for wearing them down and keeping aggro but you have to make sure your healer is always watching since when you hit beserker stance your health starts to drop rapidly.
Old 03-17-05, 11:18 AM   #210
UDawg
Retired spammer

My guild didn't know about Retaliation till last nite. I was a lowbie for the longest time since they are upper 40-60s. I hit 39 and had 3 34elites on me. They were coming to my rescue but I flipped retaliation after a sunder and sweeping strikes and took two out right quickly and the 3rd was amost half way finished when they got there. I did need their help since I was taking damage but they were just cracking up at how wild my warrior was going at them. I love it....less cool down time please Blizzard

They also learned another good lesson about warriors. our 42 mage and I dueled while waiting for another in our group and it wasn't funny. He froze me, turned me into a sheep and then the pretty lights came on and it was all over. I got him down to just under a 3/4 left health. They compared that duel to the damage I can do in a mob and finally understood what I was talking about and understood why I was also developing a rogue.

One last thing is that now that I can tank better they see how much FASTER instances can be when we don't have to wait for a damn rogue to stun lock and do what ever else they feel like doing. I just grab two and pull them back and hold aggro nicely while they heal me and help beat up on the elites. We do instances in SM in 15 minutes less time.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 12:12 PM   #211
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
One last thing is that now that I can tank better they see how much FASTER instances can be when we don't have to wait for a damn rogue to stun lock and do what ever else they feel like doing. I just grab two and pull them back and hold aggro nicely while they heal me and help beat up on the elites. We do instances in SM in 15 minutes less time.
Yeah, I can't stand grouping with rogues that want to be all "strategic" about things. There was this one guy in our guild who would get mad if we rushed in, he wanted to stealth, distract, then sap first. Of course this was in SM in areas where only 2 or 3 mobs would aggro and all five of us were 39+ at the time, so it was really just making the instance take twice as long.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-17-05, 01:15 PM   #212
Sorrow
First Person Ownage

I own warriors in PvP muahaha

AMD 64 3000+ (Newcastle) @ 2.25ghz
Gigabyte 6800GT @ 375/1085
Corsair 512x2 DDR400 RAM
Soltek nf3 150 mobo
Currently playing:
--Everquest II(Activated!), WoW (Cancelled), Counter-Strike: Source
http://miniprofile.xfire.com/s0rr0ws.png
Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-05, 01:21 PM   #213
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Yeah, I can't stand grouping with rogues that want to be all "strategic" about things. There was this one guy in our guild who would get mad if we rushed in, he wanted to stealth, distract, then sap first. Of course this was in SM in areas where only 2 or 3 mobs would aggro and all five of us were 39+ at the time, so it was really just making the instance take twice as long.
Exactly! They just want to loot them first and then sap them. I said it took me a long time to get to the point where I am really usefull so let me do my job and you come in and give support when we need mob control.

Until last nite they did not realize how much more damage I realy could take even though I may not be able to deal out as much at them since I am 9 lvls lower. That having been said they now respect my aggro control and it is MUCH better than a rogue. I love having rogues with us but just let me grab two and pull them back. It just goes so much faster, especially if we don't get the drop we want at the boss. We have more time to make another run at it.

Either way I am now happy with my warrior for questing. They love having me now. I do say if you use fear in the mob I won't pull them off you. Just be patient and I can pull them off you so u can heal and keep the runners that I don't notice in the mob.

I just like the group and want us all to do our job. I need them and they need me.

The biggest problem is when a priest says RUN! I say just hold on it will be alright. They run any way. So we went into BFD to get a stupid quest for Ironband in IF. We went back to the first pearl quest area and the 31 pally ran in there and aggroed the WHOLE FRIGGIN PLACE. Now I don't mind but there was me a 39 warrior a 41 priest (with shadow form) and that 31 pally. Well They were all on us even the boss. The priest said run and I said stay here and heal me no matter what, just trust me. I flip retalian after sweeping strike and sunder and went to work. I kill all but 4 and hell every one right on me except those four. After that the priest said he will stick in the fight no matter what unless I say run but I don't say run. I just die and run back to the mob...as a good warrior should. and just think I get plate armor this evening since I will hit 40 woot.

Oh on summoning the princess me and a pally took her out with no problem. The only thing is it was slow because she gives no rage at all since she strikes slow but that quest was worth 7k YEAHAW!

It was really cool because after last nite everyone was now talking about the end game since I will be the key figure and i like that.
Old 03-17-05, 01:40 PM   #214
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Having played a Rogue to 40, trust me, your ability to take hits goes down rather rapidly. Stick with your Warrior, he rules! Just like mine.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-17-05, 01:56 PM   #215
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow
I own warriors in PvP muahaha
Again strip down all your magic and healing ability and fight a warrior head on. You will lose. You will say "but that is how the game is played" To that I say yes and that is why running around saying you own a warrior is dumb. They are created for different purposes.

I am playing the rogue jsut for pvp action.
Old 03-17-05, 01:58 PM   #216
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Again strip down all your magic and healing ability and fight a warrior head on. You will lose. You will say "but that is how the game is played" To that I say yes and that is why running around saying you own a warrior is dumb. They are created for different purposes.

I am playing the rogue jsut for pvp action.
Yes Rogues eat cloth wearers for breakfast. And my Rogue is very hungry!!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410