Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-05, 12:10 PM   #229
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

LOL! I will try your build ninjaman. Thanks for the info.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 01:01 PM   #230
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

No problem, enjoy. That's one of the things I love about WoW, the talent trees are so deep and interesting for all the classes. Makes for a whole lot of fun.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 07:32 PM   #231
Blacklash
8^9^3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
Play on Terenas, I can help you out

I lost to a warrior in a duel tonight I had him down to 1 more hit and he just got the hit in first, ah well, cant win them all.

Atleast he didnt lose to a rogue 5 levels below him
Thank you for the offer, I may indeed try a toon there.

I got lucky and actually discovered some old SB guys are on Gorefiend(PvP). I also know a few fellows on Zul'jin and Hellscream.

On a side note, I got my shipping number too, so I should be gtg soon!
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 08:34 PM   #232
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Oh man retaliation is the best thing I have ever seen, I demonstrated it to another guild mate in the sm since she didn't think it was worth buying it. I took on a monk who was fighting using his hands, the attack rate I got on him was insane.
Old 03-19-05, 09:26 AM   #233
joltcola
Amputechture - 9/12

We should have a "Share your Kill Experince ( hold the bs please )" sticky for WOW.

Character nfo: lvl 23 shaman/tauren

So I'm pretty spazzy at the moment since I got a good taste of pvp'ing with my shaman. I've had some fights with my druid and my priest, but I've been grinding out levels with my Shaman and he hasn't seen much of the enemy.

That changed, when a lvl 27 Hunter and a lvl 24 Mage was heading to TB (Thunder Bluff if your alliance only). There was a TB raid there earlier that got bounced in the blink of an eye. I guess these guys were late for the party.

I came up on one in ghost wolf form ( plus 40% run speed ) and jumped on mage when he stopped for a moment. Half his health was gone after a frost shock (decent dmg, slows run speed) and wacked him upside his head. He rooted me and got some distance. In that time my shouts were ready again and interupted his cast. Pop'd out of root and he ran. I switched to ghost wolf and chased him down. He rooted me, but I had a break-root totem down (can't remember the name, but that is what it does) and kept moving. He nuked me, but I shouted him again and beat him down. I'm not sure where the hunter was at while this was happening, but I started getting shot right before the mage died.

I healed myself and ran at him. I dropped some totems, drank a health potion and beat him down. It came pretty close, but his pet was pretty low lvl for some reason and wasn't doing much damage. I had to heal myself quite a bit and there was some running around which gave me a chance to use first aid and another mana potion.

All in all, it was a great fight for me. I'm suprised I didn't get smacked down due to the 2-on-1 and both having a few levels on me. I'm thinking these guys are fairly new as there was alot they could do to beat me down that they didn't. I was also hitting them quite hard, so I'm thinking their armor wasn't up to par either.

I'm feeling pretty stoaked atm. Thought I'd share.

-- jolt
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.- Aristotle
"sorry... Nvnews distracted me" - Tuork
"You work three jobs? That's uniquely American," President Bush told her. "That's fantastic."
joltcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 09:52 AM   #234
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Share your experiences? This is a funny one. There was a small crossroads raid going on, they must have had like...5 level 30-40 casters there. Well, me being the rogue I am, I saw 3 of them seperated from a pack so I come up behind them in stealth, Ambush critted the first one for 984 - he was dead. Vanished, waited 2 seconds for energy, ambushed the second one followed by a SS and he was dead. By this time the third was on to me, so I blinded him, went back to stealth and ambushed him and he was dead
Old 03-19-05, 10:21 AM   #235
vampireuk
**** Holster

I got bored while a guild friend was testing out her new demon slaying in ashenvale so I went to the splintertree horde outpost and started wasting some guards when a couple of mid 20s showed up, 1 warrior and 1 mage. Now if I see low levels like that with pvp enabled I ignore them since it is no fun getting ganked by some high level. Anyway the stupid warrior comes running up and starts attacking me, I danced for a bit while he attacked then whipped out my axe and critted him with 2 hits, dead.

The mage then cast some spell at me so I switched to beserker stance, intercept, crit and dead. I can't understand why they attack such higher level players.
Old 03-19-05, 12:16 PM   #236
UDawg
Retired spammer

We were at South Shore last night watching a pretty good brawl. I decided to jump in after REZ SICKNESS! Well me and a 60 pally tagged a 60 orc warrior and beat him down. OF coure the pally did 90% of the work but he said stick with him cuz we worked good together and we would take out casters. So we did that on two but one got away. I then got close to a Mill guard who was 50 and I had no chance so I ran like a little girl and then got rapped by a 60 rogue 60 warior and a couple of 40 somethings. I was to shure what they were. I jus stopped and waited till it was over and then wispped back to the fight. I got a couple of kills and died a lot but MAN I had a blast. If ya don't wanna die then don't join PVP but if ya wanna have fun expected to die or get ganked. It's a huge blast tho.

What I don't like is when I see 3 or 4 60 lvl warriors just standing around doing nothing and watching casters get slaughtered. GET IN AN HAVE FUN!
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-05, 02:15 PM   #237
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Heres a good one, I hit 52 yesterday and Im sitting in Duskwood helping a friend of mine. Someone shouts Horde so I say where and go check it out. 36 Orc Hunter, 46 Tauren Shaman and a 51 Tauren Shaman. I party with a 48 warrior, I go for the 51 and the other two go after him. He gets maybe 2 hits on the hunter and one on the lower shaman and hes dead. In the mean time I have the 51 shaman just about dead, and he dies the same time as my partner. So its me and abotu 3/4 life vs a 36 and 46. I give the hunter 2 sinister strikes, they both crit which was cool with me, and my thrashblade proc'd giving me 6 hits on him in a few seconds and he was dead in about 3 seconds. Then I vanished, cheapshotted the shaman, followed by 2 sinister strikes and an eviscerate and he was dead, and I was around maybe 1/4 life. The level 28's and 30's around me started to clap, it was a fun time
Old 03-21-05, 02:37 AM   #238
vampireuk
**** Holster

I was running around the Scarlet Monastary on my own yesterday for a few items to sell off and I was bored. I spotted a chest with 4 32 elites around it, usually 4 are a general pain in the arse since they all slowly wear down your health while you work on one. Anyway I charge in slap on sweeping strikes and hit the retaliation button, 10 seconds later you have 10 dead elites
Old 03-21-05, 07:49 AM   #239
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Warrior or Rogue.

I'm up in arms in which one to make my alt and sink alot of time in to. Regaurdless I want a pure melee character so it's one or the other.

I do have a 31 rogue and absolutly love the ganking capabilties of him in pvp. The down side is the weak armor rating and he dies fairly easy.

I started a orc warrior this weekend and my concern is the misses this guy pulls. Between, misses, blocks, deflects, parrys it seems like I'm hardly pulling any damage. Is this a known issue or just the way it is with warriors.

Now I downloaded a warrior video that someone made and posted at the classes forums at the wow webside and this guy was kicking some major ass.

Anyone play both to a high lvl and have any advice in which is better. I'm looking at it more for PVP, I'm not to concern with grouping and instances.
Old 03-21-05, 10:30 AM   #240
vampireuk
**** Holster

I have only played a rogue up to about level 15 in the beta so I can't really say how good they are at high levels. Although my 45 at the time warrior kicked the living hell out of a level 60 rogue in a defensive raid, the guy sucked.

It depends what kind of melee you wish to do, if you enjoy the sneaking around and attacking from behind a mob then the rogue would be the best choice, plus you get lock picking which I would love to have. Arcanite keys simply are not worth the bar of arcanite required. If you want to get stuck in bashing the hell out of everything and holding aggro then go for the warrior. I'm tempted to start a rogue myself at some point.