Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-27-05, 03:43 PM   #421
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default Re: *THE OFFICIAL* WOW Thread

As a priest I'm just a walking rogue target now for rogues with the (dis)honor system implemented. Soloing quest our grinding alone is vitually impossible. Fear is useless against all rogues now just not undead. Even in groups I'm targeted first and slaughtered.

I picked up a anti-poly, stun honor trinket but it renders useless against rogues. Rogues can stun so many ways and in a nut shell it hardly matters anyways because i'm usually dead with in 3-4 seconds.

My typical outting.

Zero in on mob, nearly kill mob. Surprise, surprise, rogue ambushes, crits for 1300-1500(nearly everytime), lvl 53 Priest nearly dead, rogue cheapshots and back stabs and priest is dead. Sometimes I can rumble off a fear(my only defense) which just gets immuned anyways.

I mean every fuking zone. I was in blasted Lands, western plaguelands and ungoro today and all these zones ganked hard by roaming rogues..

Fuking bs.
Old 04-27-05, 04:10 PM   #422
carkis

Yeah it's rough for clothwearers to break a stun and retaliate. That trinket won't help ya much in that case. It seems you're in a pvp zone, which I can't imagine being fun. I tried with a lvl 18 alliance priest on firetree to check out redridge mountains and just got ganked by lvl 40+ constantly. Of course that was an issue BEFORE the honor system, so I imagine it's much worse now.
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 06:20 PM   #423
UDawg
Retired spammer

Why do lvl 40s and 50 rogues love to gank lowbies? I will never understand this, of course why do people spawn camp and TK?
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 06:46 PM   #424
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Rogues are generally arrogant idiots who love to target easy kills. The vast majority playing only do it because they can go invisible. I'm on a pve server so I don't get that problem too much, however when in pvp mode a rogue duo usually try to gank me, of course they suck at playing their class. After the first stun wears off I turn around take a swing which they usually dodge and hit overpower, slap on retaliate with sweeping strikes and you have yourself two well done rogues who run away from you when they recover their corpses.
Old 05-03-05, 10:37 AM   #425
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

rogues need to get ****ing nerfed

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-05, 04:04 PM   #426
carkis

Well I finally hit 60 and can log anywhere I want cuz rest state doesn't matter anymore

By the time I hit 60 I had already attempted Dire Maul 4 times and I still haven't tried Blackrock Depths. People need tanks pretty bad for the new high instance. The problem is people trying to do the north side for the tribute. Most people know about the good drops, but don't know about the incredible planning needed to beat it. My guild is so small that I can only run in pickup groups, and it hurts.

People rushing thinking they can take the world is only rewarded by frequent wipes. Those ogres hit very hard, and tanks/healers suck it up. A sheep and charm that release too early can easily mean the end for a fresh 60's group. My first run was incredibly successful, but subsequent runs went to crap.

I've noticed a very good group is Mage, Priest, Warrior, Hunter, Warlock. Anyone else done DM and have suggestions? I last attempted West with 2 Shaman, 1 Warrior, 1 Mage, 1 Druid and we were annihilated. Resists are a must and I have none.

BTW the ogre dance pwns
Old 05-05-05, 06:02 PM   #427
UDawg
Retired spammer

I first did DM at 56 and we did great till we got to the Troll boss. He wipeed us twice and we all ran home with our tails between our legs. Granted I was the lowest and the reason why we got wiped because I was the only non 60 and you need a full group of 60 to kill him or at least not a 56 warrior. Any way the group was impressed with me big time and put me on their friends list.

They then invited me to Strat last nite where one priest said I would be slaughtered and help to wipe the two group raid. Well we blew through there like we should even though I am a 58 warrior. I had to leave but they again were impressed and wanted me to do it again this evening.

When I group I let the leader bark out orders and I just follow them and give suggestions when I think it will help. Basically tell me what you want me to kill or keep off you and I'll do it. I don't mind taking orders from anyone with good experience.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-05, 03:41 AM   #428
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

I went into strat after smacking our priest around and telling him you don't have to be level 60 to get the corruption quest done. That baron rivendare is a bugger and I always have to tank the damn thing.

Old 05-06-05, 09:30 AM   #429
GigaShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Well I finally hit 60 and can log anywhere I want cuz rest state doesn't matter anymore

By the time I hit 60 I had already attempted Dire Maul 4 times and I still haven't tried Blackrock Depths. People need tanks pretty bad for the new high instance. The problem is people trying to do the north side for the tribute. Most people know about the good drops, but don't know about the incredible planning needed to beat it. My guild is so small that I can only run in pickup groups, and it hurts.

People rushing thinking they can take the world is only rewarded by frequent wipes. Those ogres hit very hard, and tanks/healers suck it up. A sheep and charm that release too early can easily mean the end for a fresh 60's group. My first run was incredibly successful, but subsequent runs went to crap.

I've noticed a very good group is Mage, Priest, Warrior, Hunter, Warlock. Anyone else done DM and have suggestions? I last attempted West with 2 Shaman, 1 Warrior, 1 Mage, 1 Druid and we were annihilated. Resists are a must and I have none.

BTW the ogre dance pwns
I did DM N about 3 weeks ago (60 Warrior) to get the Unfinished Business Quest finished. We did a tribute run. We skipped the first guard and killed all the bugs. Worked our way around to the second guard and had a hunter run up and grab the courtyard key when the guard was patrolling. Made our way into the next chamber and set/fixed the broken trap - freezing the third guard. I put on the Ogre suit and talked to Captain who went running off. We made our way to the King and had the hunter's pet off tank the King's advisor as not to kill him and the rest of us pounded the king.

Let me tell you it is worth the trouble. The loot was incredible at the end. I personally received Treant's Bane (epic 2h axe) and the Band of the Ogre King, as well as getting Gordok's Gauntlets which have a 1 percent chance to crit. We did this our first time through and didn't wipe once. The party consisted of 2 warriors, a hunter, a shaman and a druid. I have both the reaper and Treant's Bane and even though the Reaper has better burst damage, I seem to do better with Treant's Bane in PvP due to the faster speed and the extra 2 percent chance to crit. There isn't a day that goes by where someone doesn't comment on the axe - it is very unique looking.

To do the tribute run - you must not kill any of the named guards or the Kings advisor (who is a shaman and will heal the King if you ignore him).
Old 05-06-05, 12:58 PM   #430
carkis

I failed to mention that my first pickup run was successful. The next two runs were fruitless because of inexperience.

But ... wow. I was able to get Grimy Metal Boots and Cho'Rush's blade and I was pretty happy with that. An epic would be nice

Does everyone need the ogre suit to get the gauntlet quest?
Old 05-06-05, 02:51 PM   #431
GigaShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis

Does everyone need the ogre suit to get the gauntlet quest?
No only one person in your party needs the suit. If going back to turn in the quest - you might as well kill the King as well. Make sure everyone speaks to the little ogre that pops up after his death about the tribute otherwise the ogres will still aggro.

The gauntlet quest is tough - you have to go to DM W and kill the Prince in the library, which isn't the hard part. You must first shut down the five crystals imprisoning the Demon by killing the elementals that guard them. Finally, you have to kill the Demon which is a PAIN. We wiped at least 6 times - thankfully there is a friendly NPC in the library where you can repair equipment. Eventually we killed him (you must kill the eyes he spawns by having one or two in your party designated to do only that). Next you go to the library where the Prince is. Make sure you as the warrior get plenty of aggro on him first as he zips around the room and is hard to catch if you lose aggro. That being said - you will lose aggro when he knocks you half way across the room (he does this every so often) so it is good to have an off tank to try and keep him under control. He is not nearly as bad as the Demon, but still a tough fight. The whole instance takes about 2 hours to complete with no wipes.

There is also a quest near the third crystal pylon - take it - it is basically just killing the Demon and the Prince, which you are doing anyway, and it gives a decent reward.
Old 05-06-05, 08:10 PM   #432
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

I'm still a relatively low lvl warlock(21) but I do know if you have issues holding aggro just have your lock put Curse of Recklessness on em. Knocks off a good amount of armor off at the expense of greater attack power, but the greatest benefit is he DEFINITELY won't run away from you, even if you try to fear him.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote