Old 06-13-05, 02:11 PM   #541
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler
How, the reaper is still better
By a very small margin yes, but why bother getting a end game crafted weapon when you can simply press the enter battle button and get something nearly as good.
Old 06-14-05, 04:36 AM   #542
carkis

Well I tasted Warsong for the first time today and it was a blast. However, I must question this: how the hell does the horde win 3 to 1 and get less honor? I don't understand the bonus honor system. "Beery" had JUST joined and he got an insane honor bonus. The battle lasted a long time and I gotta give props to the alliance putting up a good fight. The first two matches I was in were easy wins.

... anyhoo I just got my epic mount and now I'm poor cuz I couldn't wait to make sergeant for the discount
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HordeWin.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	12061  
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 10:37 AM   #543
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

locks and warriors free respec weh heh heh

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-05, 11:12 AM   #544
carkis

Got sergeant the next day, lost it the same day cuz I was stupid enough to join a raid on Astranaar. Idiots kept killing civilians, got 7 DKs and went back to grunt

Last night tasted Molten Core for the first time ... pickup group. When we finally gave up on Lucifron, I had died 18 times. I then appreciated my gear when I noticed I was missing over 1k health

I must say ... it is awkward being an offtank. You are unsure of who you're responsible for and you don't get much love from healers. I spent a lot of time sitting on the side just waiting for a heal. This experience discourages me from doing this kind of high-end stuff.

Last edited by carkis; 06-22-05 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-21-05, 12:56 PM   #545
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Pickup groups suck for the MC. If a healer does not heal you simply because you are a offtank then the healer sucks, it requires a hell of a lot of teamwork to pull off the MC and you will fail miserably if people dick around. Try and find a guild who makes MC runs and try to join them.
Old 06-21-05, 03:50 PM   #546
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Got sergeant the next day, lost it the same day cuz I was stupid enough to join a raid on Astranaar. Idiots kept killing civilians, got 7 DKs and went back to grunt

Last night tasted Molten Core for the first time ... pickup group. When we finally gave up on Lucious, I had died 18 times. I then appreciated my gear when I noticed I was missing over 1k health

I must say ... it is awkward being an offtank. You are unsure of who you're responsible for and you don't get much love from healers. I spent a lot of time sitting on the side just waiting for a heal. This experience discourages me from doing this kind of high-end stuff.
If you are off-tank then you should have a DRUID that is your personal healer. There is NO way around it. Nothing pisses me off more than people not doing their jobs.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-05, 12:16 PM   #547
carkis

Well went again last night. It's MC training for small guilds and pickups. The problem is everyone bails when they die two times and expect phat loot every kill. Didn't even get to lucy this time cuz everyone kept leaving even when we were doing way better than the previous night. I felt bad for the rogues who would die instantly when the hounds would spew fire out their ass, but it was soooo funny!

... and I got Sergeant back
Definitely helped with repairs last night.
Old 06-22-05, 02:22 PM   #548
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Well went again last night. It's MC training for small guilds and pickups. The problem is everyone bails when they die two times and expect phat loot every kill. Didn't even get to lucy this time cuz everyone kept leaving even when we were doing way better than the previous night. I felt bad for the rogues who would die instantly when the hounds would spew fire out their ass, but it was soooo funny!

... and I got Sergeant back
Definitely helped with repairs last night.
YEah, I love seeing that repair bot. Rogues finally see how awesome warriors are when they get into MC. Instead of just beating warriors in duels they see warriors hold a raid together.

Old 06-22-05, 03:29 PM   #549
carkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
YEah, I love seeing that repair bot. Rogues finally see how awesome warriors are when they get into MC. Instead of just beating warriors in duels they see warriors hold a raid together.
I haven't lost a duel to a rogue since I hit 60. It's revenge for all the defeats up till now! I even respecced to fury/prot and squeaked by my last one using shield & 1h. Arms is definitely the way to go ... I miss improved overpower with deep wounds. Dual wield and 1h spec are nice for mobs, but I'm totally gimped in pvp. Lost tactical mastery and I miss it so much. I'm probably going back as soon as the next patch hits, although the new fury blood thirst might turn out pretty sweet.
Old 06-23-05, 07:06 AM   #550
ChrisRay

My Druid is now 58 and my priest is 56 still. I like the druid more but I am gonna finish getting them to 60. With the 7800GTX arriving I'm not gonna have much time play for a bit. But it'll be worth it none the less. So I will at least accumulate rest experience.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-05, 05:14 PM   #551
carkis

I hate you

Don't be gone too long, there is a rest cap. I hate hearing stories of druids soloing elites their level. I just can't break away from my warrior because I want to get to high end content soon!
Old 06-23-05, 05:30 PM   #552
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
I haven't lost a duel to a rogue since I hit 60. It's revenge for all the defeats up till now! I even respecced to fury/prot and squeaked by my last one using shield & 1h. Arms is definitely the way to go ... I miss improved overpower with deep wounds. Dual wield and 1h spec are nice for mobs, but I'm totally gimped in pvp. Lost tactical mastery and I miss it so much. I'm probably going back as soon as the next patch hits, although the new fury blood thirst might turn out pretty sweet.
In the lower lvls warriors get their arss kicked by rogues. I stared beating rogues in a regular basis when I hit 60. I am arms fury or was arms fury. Just as soon as a rogue dodges overpower kicks the crap out of them and my polearm deals so much damage that it ain't funny and it is only a blue.

BTW with fury/proc you get stun so of course you have just as much chance at winning a rogue as I do with my dps.