Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-08-05, 02:03 PM   #589
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk
Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

Grats and I hope you take the bugger down again.

Just prepare yourself for phase 3
Old 07-11-05, 06:13 PM   #590
vampireuk
**** Holster

We took her again tonight and I forged my Quel'Serrar
Old 07-12-05, 11:39 AM   #591
carkis

Today's patch day. I'm scared for the warrior changes. I thought about prot speccing but ... I'm just lost now. What are you warriors doing with the free respec?
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 03:00 PM   #592
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

For a new warrior should I got arms or fury early on and why?
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 05:23 PM   #593
vampireuk
**** Holster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
For a new warrior should I got arms or fury early on and why?
Go Arms/Fury with the 31/20 cookie cutter build for sheer burst dmg. If you go all the way to 60 and want to do high end instances consider going to protection. For the free respec I am going further into prot, 7 points only in arms instead of 10.
Old 07-12-05, 10:33 PM   #594
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Go Arms/Fury with the 31/20 cookie cutter build for sheer burst dmg. If you go all the way to 60 and want to do high end instances consider going to protection. For the free respec I am going further into prot, 7 points only in arms instead of 10.
I would put most into arms. There certain talents in fury that are useless. Just get cruelty in fury, that is the most important for a DPS warrior. Later when you want to do the end game you will want to go proc, although some bastards (like) me loved to be DPS *****s.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 10:40 PM   #595
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

I just wanna ask any locks out there what they chose for their free respec . . . myself, a die-hard affliction drain tanker, went to the dark side and specced the majority of my points in demonology. I wanted a change, and I must say the buffs in Master Demonologist are pretty damn sick. I also picked up Demonic Sacrifice, Soul Link, Fel Domination, Master Summoner, and a few others. Demonology is extremely versatile with the MD talent. Baring in mind of course that our real flaws have yet to be fixed and some new bugs have been introduced(MD going away when your pet gets banished?wtf?!! its a passive buff!!). Anyway I enjoyed the changes and am wondering as to the thoughts of my fellow locks about it.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 01:14 PM   #596
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

i respeced to protection. Its good in instances. But, I can PVP no more. My opinion isnt finalized on Shield Slam yet. Its nice fast damage but jeez 30 rage, thats better off as a few sunders or heroic strikes.
Im at a loss without deep wounds and impale.
Im probably going back to cookie cutter MS @ lvl 60.

lvl 55 tauren so I havent seen the real **** yet.

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-05, 02:56 PM   #597
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos
i respeced to protection. Its good in instances. But, I can PVP no more. My opinion isnt finalized on Shield Slam yet. Its nice fast damage but jeez 30 rage, thats better off as a few sunders or heroic strikes.
Im at a loss without deep wounds and impale.
Im probably going back to cookie cutter MS @ lvl 60.

lvl 55 tauren so I havent seen the real **** yet.
Yep, you just limited your self to one job, TANKING! Deep wounds and Impale are useless with out cruelty and you got rid of those once you went to proc. With out the extra crits deep wound and impale are wasted any way. Now that you hold aggro you don't need them any way. You are not a DPS wh0re any more, your a meat shield or a crit sponge.
Old 07-13-05, 05:15 PM   #598
carkis

Yeah ... I went to total tankage too. I will miss my 2h weps, even if they did suck. I can PVP no more ...
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-05, 09:43 PM   #599
UDawg
Retired spammer

I think being a DPS warrior is fine, as long as you let the raid know that is what you are. You might be over looked at times for a proc warrior but that is the chance you take. You can either PVP or do the end game but you can't do both. Your job as a proc warrior is to keep the aoe on you so the DPS wh0res can spamm the hell out of the mob. Get your self a good druid in MC and you are set.

I was a DPS warrior but could hold aggro very well, in fact as well as any proc warrior. My down side was I would not last as long as a proc warrior. That meant I put more work on to my healer to keep me alive.
Old 07-14-05, 12:42 PM   #600
Hashimoto

There isn't a big difference between protection and arms/fury in terms of tanking. The only important differences are shield block and last stand. With that shield from MC and one of the bonuses from the might set, you can start blocking for 120 or so everytime, which ends up being significant when improved shield block allows you to block 2 attacks.

Last stand is good in those "oh ****" moments, and makes a difference in certain fights.

None of the 5-15 man instances require you to go protection. Heck, it's pretty damn stupid to go protection on a pvp server as it cannot compete with arms/fury build PvP wise, and it doesn't make that much of a difference compared in tanking.

If you want to tank and still be very effective in pvp. go w/ the usual 31/5/15 build, that's what my guild's main tank uses, and that's what I would use if I didn't PvP much.

There isn't much in the protection tree that allows a full protection warrior to survive better than a warrior w/ 15 points in there, so what makes other warriors last longer is that they have more +defense gear. At +125 defense, you have 5% more chance to parry, block, and I think dodge, and reduce another's chance to land a critical hit on you by 5%, reducing the burst damage mobs can land on you, which helps a ton.
Hashimoto is offline   Reply With Quote