Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-29-05, 05:47 PM   #649
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: *** Official World of Warcraft Thread ***

I am really getting tired of the huge guilds pushing everyone around when they don't do what they want. They run around lead by a 15 year old and threaten or black list people for the dumbest things you can think of.

A buddy of mine on Elune was booted from a Sholo run by a guy name Wrayth or some thing like that, for saying he was a ass. He also booted another guy from the run because he laughed at my buddy's comment. Later that Wrayth guy (who was the former leader of a punk guild name Just Cause) reported my buddy to the admins for "greiving" and bad language. Well this game has a rating on it. I wonder if that child rises to the rating's minimum. It also has a swear filter so his whole point is moot.

He is just another punk kid who's mommy and daddy bought him a puter to pway wiff.

Here is another example. I was in a guild run with a huge guild called Just Cause, after we kill Drac, they were actually porting in people for a couple of the drops off of him. They pull this crap all the time.

I refuse to join any of these huge guild. I would rather stay a Valor warrior than a Epic warrior in a guild that rolls over anyone they feel is in their way.

Another thing that pisses me off about this game are Chinese farmers and the pathetic slackers who hire them to get their stuff for them. WTF!? I am sick of these pricks jacking up the prices in the AH on every simgle damn item. Actually I am sick of people with whom I can't communicate with in a raid.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-05, 05:56 PM   #650
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrr2000
How to fight like a paladin in 3 easy steps..

1. take a swing at someone.
2. shield
3. Harth.
I hate dueling pallies with a passion. I can kick the crap out of them all day long until they heal just before they die. They then put up the wuss shield and hearth. After that they laugh at you.

When we duel in my guild we have a no healing rule. We just go through in one shot with out healing. Some say that is bogus but we just want to have quick duels and it is much more fun. If you want to watch the most boring duel in WoW, watch two pallies duel. CRAP! pack a lunch cuz it will be a while.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-05, 07:07 PM   #651
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

On the couple of servers I was on the duping was getting way out of control. Hell I counted one day this 1 guy had nearly 20 blue items on the AH at once. LMAO, I maybe found 8 Blues(non soulbound) items in the 8 months i played the game. I reported it to a GM and it just fell on deaf ears..

WOW service is next to none. You'd think with 3million plus subscribers @ $15($45,000,000/month) they could afford to hire a kick ass staff, clean the game up a bit and add some expansions/content.
Old 08-30-05, 02:47 PM   #652
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg

Here is another example. I was in a guild run with a huge guild called Just Cause, after we kill Drac, they were actually porting in people for a couple of the drops off of him. They pull this crap all the time.
They can do that?

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 03:21 PM   #653
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I am about to undertake a tremendous task - rolling an Undead Warlock. Wish me luck. It's gonna be a rough ride.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-05, 10:13 PM   #654
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I hate dueling pallies with a passion. I can kick the crap out of them all day long until they heal just before they die. They then put up the wuss shield and hearth. After that they laugh at you.

When we duel in my guild we have a no healing rule. We just go through in one shot with out healing. Some say that is bogus but we just want to have quick duels and it is much more fun. If you want to watch the most boring duel in WoW, watch two pallies duel. CRAP! pack a lunch cuz it will be a while.
That's 6 ****ing shields. One Pally shields, both heal, 5 minutes to drain health, next pally sheilds, both heal...repeat...that fight would never end.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-05, 01:13 PM   #655
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
I am about to undertake a tremendous task - rolling an Undead Warlock. Wish me luck. It's gonna be a rough ride.

Amen, brother. First and only char I've rolled. Trust me, once(and if) you level him to 60, no other class will seem as interesting. Probably why I get bored with my alts so easily(got a low level sham and mage whom needs lovin).
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-05, 01:34 PM   #656
DaveW
Its me! Hurray!

Greets WoW players.

I subscribed for the first time a month ago. I created an Orc Warlock on Malygos, then ditched it for a new Orc Warlock when the new server (Moonrunner) went online. I'm now up to level 40 and just got a mount.

I've been having a lot of fun, much more than I did on my previous painful MMORPG experience - Star Wars Galaxies.

Blizz did a much better job than SOE did. However they can still do a much better job with server stability and they need to fix the duping exploits.

The game seems pretty balanced to me. True, I lose every duel against a warrior, but I figure a cloth wearing caster like me isn't supposed to be able to stand toe-to-toe with a melee class anyway. In PvE I can hold a mob a couple of levels above me. For instances and raids I play more of a support role. Recently i've been doing battlegrounds at WSG and I always rank high in the kills too. A pally can throw up his shield, but by then I already have 3 debuffs on him and he will die anyway.

On my server, like most I gather, Alliance outnumber Horde by nearly 2:1. I suspect because 90% of teenage male players role up a female night elf. Horde still kick their asses in raids and battleground

Core2 Q9400 @ 3.0, eVGA GTX 260, 4G DDR 800, Vista64
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-05, 04:01 PM   #657
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
The game seems pretty balanced to me. True, I lose every duel against a warrior, but I figure a cloth wearing caster like me isn't supposed to be able to stand toe-to-toe with a melee class anyway.
Sucubus and seduce, warriors cannot get anywhere near you.
Old 08-31-05, 07:47 PM   #658
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampireuk
Sucubus and seduce, warriors cannot get anywhere near you.
That's assuming it doesnt get resisted in the first place. That's also assuming he isn't a blacksmith. And he isn't undead. And he doesn't PvP. And he . . erm . . well you get the point. Seduce is a poor excuse for CC. Fear even worse. Basically, if you find yourself in a situation with an opposing melee char as a warlock, you can variably try to seduce or (snicker) fear them, but chances are you are as good as dead. The only things that can save you are soul link(the end talent for demonology)or well . . nah thats the only thing that can save you. Sucks huh? Thats why the whole warlock community has been in an uproar for the past 3 patches because we've got nothing but talent improvements. Were they needed? Absolutely, but our real problems have yet to be fixed. Soul shards, an instant non-talent defense, pet pathing, and our end-game pets are glaring issues that have been pushed by the wayside for some time now.

Hell, I just saw an infernal and doomguard get wtfpwned by one of those new fangled hunter pets on the 1.7 test. Lore problems aside(A chaotic minion of doom and destruction gets beaten by Kitty the Karate Cat? I don't think so . .), that shows how much work needs to be done on our endgame pets.

heh, woops. there I go ranting again . . . sorry . as much as I enjoy this class, it kills me how Blizzard is so ignorant about our problems. don't let my ranting stop you from playing however. A warlock is an excellent class for PvE, and the most interesting and challenging for PvP. Have fun
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-05, 08:04 PM   #659
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_

Amen, brother. First and only char I've rolled. Trust me, once(and if) you level him to 60, no other class will seem as interesting. Probably why I get bored with my alts so easily(got a low level sham and mage whom needs lovin).
Even already at level 11 I'm enjoying this class loads more than my warrior!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-05, 10:13 AM   #660
Marcos
think of me not at all

Send a message via AIM to Marcos

The #1 horde PVPr on my server (Skullcrusher) is an Undead Warlock, he has over 90,000 honor kills.

Skullcrusher also hosts the furthest Horde guild in BWL (Nightmare Assylum) They killed Crommagnus (sp?) Just after Elite Chaos (Alliance, Bleeding Hollow, supposed #1 Guild in WoW)

<-- worst. smiley. ever.
Marcos is offline   Reply With Quote