Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-05-10, 03:21 PM   #997
Son Goku

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Thats bull,its only true if you are in a raiding guild,the achievement system largely prevents access to most HC dungeons/raid pugs.You can't even take a piss without showing a achievement for it first.I play on a PVP server,before you didn't really need raiding.You could still get decent pvp gear,weapons etc by playing a ****load of battlegrounds or some arena.
Actually not true at all. Though one can be asked to link an achi for a VoA, ICC, or TotC; fact is that with emblems of triumph being delled out from all the heroic bosses, 2 frosts being given out for the daily heroic, and another 5 for the weekly raid (which is almost always rofl Naxx, and in this I'm finding Anub'Rekhan to be very, very boring at this point); this is the current deal.

Farm heroics, purchase tier 9 off emblems, well the iLvl 232 variant.
With other triumph gear, there's a couple iLvl 245 items one can get (ring, trinket, etc). Downgrading one can get a belt from conquest

Now what one can't get there, they can farm ICC 5 man, and get iLvl 232 off heroics, though a lucky drop on a battered hilt is an iLvl 251 or there abouts weap.

It really is too easy these days. One doesn't really even have to hit up a raid anymore to hit tier 9ish lvl gear anymore. Now with 14 frosts per week (the daily heroic), one could also have got a few emblem of frost gears by now (such as the cloak, or some starting tier 10, a belt, etc. It's also not impossible to find an odd VoA group (they might not be the most common) that will take one who doesn't have the achi if their gear is OK to a tier 10 boss. Course knowing people also helps.

And as of having posted this, I have yet another char I got to almost 5k gear score, pretty much farming heroics, practically all of which was in PuGs/ and this time was over on a PvP realm.... Now if the random dungeon finder is getting groups that are voting you out after doing the match making, simply because an alt doesn't have the achi to some stupid 5 man And no comment on some. I've been in so many PuGs where my hunter was pulling > 40% or even a few times like 47% of the DPS/damage for the 5 man party; I simply couldn't take those remotely seriously anymore. However when many can pull > 4.5k or even 5k dps in a 5 man, some are simply being difficult (all aren't as such), if they get anal on something as ridiculously simple as a h VH or whatever In fact, it's sometimes all too tempting to play around a little, especially as one can pull threat and kill stuff before it reaches one's feet, take ridiculous sized pulls (certainly with a tank going into a 5 man with nearly 50k hp), etc. Now wanting an achi to a place that actually is a challenge; but seriously outside of the ICC 5 man heroics, we're practically at the point where we were when kara wasn't a serious raid anymore, and was little more then a joke/the new badge farming heroic. People are just way OP for them with all the gear out there now, even with a new char or 2, just starting to gear... I've seen plenty of PuGs through the random dungeon finder where well, they simply aren't.

It's certainly doable, and I've met more then a few of the same opinion. We simply don't do heroic 5 mans on our geared chars anymore, unless we're:

- helping a guildie
- helping a friend
- going after an achievement
- doing the daily heroic for frosts (triumphs being practically useless)
- just want something to pass the time
- gearing a newer alt

Otherwise, the idea of bothering could be a lil zzzz
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 03:33 PM   #998
doddsy
skating away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
So...
I just downloaded the 10 day free trial, and i'm addicted.
this made me smile.

this is how i started .. almost 4 years ago

i've generally take break for the summer though. its a simpler game in a lot of ways than it used to be - and painfully easy to level now.

Pally's are hard to beat - roll a drood too

level your fishing and cooking and trade skills as you go.....you'll not be sorry.
doddsy's pooter: Intel® Core™ i7 860, CoolerMaster Hyper TX3, ASUS P7P55D, 1GB ATi HD4870, 4GB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3, 500GB SATA 16MB Buffer, Antec Truepower New 650, Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer, 22" Iiyama ProLite E2208HDS-1, W7 Home Prem 64.

small dotter's pooter: asus k8vdeluxe, a64 3000+, Sparkle 6200 , 512mb pc3200, maxtor 80gig sata, seagate 80 gig sata, sony 52*cdrw, liteon 16*dvdrw, sharp LLT15, xp-home-sp2.
doddsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 09:09 AM   #999
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku View Post
Actually not true at all. Though one can be asked to link an achi for a VoA, ICC, or TotC; fact is that with emblems of triumph being delled out from all the heroic bosses, 2 frosts being given out for the daily heroic, and another 5 for the weekly raid (which is almost always rofl Naxx, and in this I'm finding Anub'Rekhan to be very, very boring at this point); this is the current deal.

Farm heroics, purchase tier 9 off emblems, well the iLvl 232 variant.
With other triumph gear, there's a couple iLvl 245 items one can get (ring, trinket, etc). Downgrading one can get a belt from conquest

Now what one can't get there, they can farm ICC 5 man, and get iLvl 232 off heroics, though a lucky drop on a battered hilt is an iLvl 251 or there abouts weap.

It really is too easy these days. One doesn't really even have to hit up a raid anymore to hit tier 9ish lvl gear anymore. Now with 14 frosts per week (the daily heroic), one could also have got a few emblem of frost gears by now (such as the cloak, or some starting tier 10, a belt, etc. It's also not impossible to find an odd VoA group (they might not be the most common) that will take one who doesn't have the achi if their gear is OK to a tier 10 boss. Course knowing people also helps.

And as of having posted this, I have yet another char I got to almost 5k gear score, pretty much farming heroics, practically all of which was in PuGs/ and this time was over on a PvP realm.... Now if the random dungeon finder is getting groups that are voting you out after doing the match making, simply because an alt doesn't have the achi to some stupid 5 man And no comment on some. I've been in so many PuGs where my hunter was pulling > 40% or even a few times like 47% of the DPS/damage for the 5 man party; I simply couldn't take those remotely seriously anymore. However when many can pull > 4.5k or even 5k dps in a 5 man, some are simply being difficult (all aren't as such), if they get anal on something as ridiculously simple as a h VH or whatever In fact, it's sometimes all too tempting to play around a little, especially as one can pull threat and kill stuff before it reaches one's feet, take ridiculous sized pulls (certainly with a tank going into a 5 man with nearly 50k hp), etc. Now wanting an achi to a place that actually is a challenge; but seriously outside of the ICC 5 man heroics, we're practically at the point where we were when kara wasn't a serious raid anymore, and was little more then a joke/the new badge farming heroic. People are just way OP for them with all the gear out there now, even with a new char or 2, just starting to gear... I've seen plenty of PuGs through the random dungeon finder where well, they simply aren't.

It's certainly doable, and I've met more then a few of the same opinion. We simply don't do heroic 5 mans on our geared chars anymore, unless we're:

- helping a guildie
- helping a friend
- going after an achievement
- doing the daily heroic for frosts (triumphs being practically useless)
- just want something to pass the time
- gearing a newer alt

Otherwise, the idea of bothering could be a lil zzzz
This was before the dungeon finder,atleast before i discovered and started using it but now its all about gs instead.I understand it to some extent,that people do need a certain level gear for some raids.But when people want 5300 gs + for naxx ? Gear that makes that gamescore possible wasnt even around when naxx was played often,i find that retarded.

Today a joker wanted 5200 gs for obsidian sanctum of all places I have 2 chars close to 5500 gs now but the idea of lining up in middle dalaran for gear inspeaction like some silly covert military op just makes me cringe,wont partake in something that assenine.
Old 03-07-10, 09:10 AM   #1000
lognoronon

Things like that get me mad. Those raids were meant to be done in heroic level gear not require TOC or above to do something as simple as say Patchwerk.

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case
Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3
I7-2600k
8 Gig of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
EVGA GTX 560 TI
Lite On 20x DVD +- RW
WD 160 gig 7200 rpm hd
WD 750 gig 7200 rpm hd
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Naga mouse
Corsair GS700
LG 22" L226WTQ

lognoronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 11:05 AM   #1001
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by lognoronon View Post
Things like that get me mad. Those raids were meant to be done in heroic level gear not require TOC or above to do something as simple as say Patchwerk.
Agreed,i also think they should remove frost emblems from heroic dungeons because many raid-guilders wants to rush them through as fast as possible,skipping bosses etc to get their 2 emblems.They whine and complain,calling people n00bs and that things take too long ,people's dps sucks etc.

Ofc people's dps sucks when they just ding 80,you dont need more than 2k anyway in most hc's but they are there for a reason.They are for the so called n00bs,to learn and to improve their gear,to get ready for tougher challenges.I despise the elitist snobs and the way they scare people off by acting like douches.Thats the worst part with this game,you can't even ask for help in the public channels without being ridiculed in one way or another .
Old 05-02-10, 11:26 AM   #1002
Son Goku

Unless people are after achievements, it really does get ridiculous. On obsidian there's really only 1 reason to care about gear; if one's trying a 3 drake zerg. In that people essentially leave all drakes up, don't kill them with the bosses, and basically try to beat down sarph before he becomes immune to damage. But that's really only an over-power the instance strat, in which case peeps should be up front "we're after a 3 drake zerg achievement run".

Do I have the twilight zone achi for 10 player? Yep; was it easy in PuGs, not really. And it had nothing to do with gear as much (though zerging saph with all drakes alive does push things), especially where one can be left 2 tanks (1 tank taking all 3 drakes + adds on at once, other on saph) and 2 healing it to get max dps). It was that many a PuG has trouble avoiding flame walls. Given PuG after PuG couldn't do a 2 drake saph, let along all 3; we just guild ran it 1 week for the 3 drakes up.

Minus going for achis, I did obsidian sanctum both 10 and 25 man on 1 char in March 09, and another Dec 08/Jan 09. Gear wasn't even solid naxx level. Killing all drakes and doing it the standard method there's no reason. And some have also asked for GS on naxx weekly; for which I and others could only laugh with a "dude that isn't even a serious raid". Only reasons to really care who comes would be iff one's after the immortal or whatever the achi is for no one dieing the entire run.
Old 05-02-10, 11:37 AM   #1003
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Agreed,i also think they should remove frost emblems from heroic dungeons because many raid-guilders wants to rush them through as fast as possible,skipping bosses etc to get their 2 emblems.They whine and complain,calling people n00bs and that things take too long ,people's dps sucks etc.
Well I'm not sure I'd want them removing the frosties. TBH on my geared guys I really don't PuG anymore except for the daily (going after frosties), or if I'm helping a friend or guildie. The exception is HoR and the like where I'm after the trinket and a battered hilt.

This said there's a couple asides to this. If I'm on an alt, I don't really care if some have issue that some undergeared alt isn't pulling top DPS. My main had carried so many groups as not to be even funny. By carry I don't mean just pulling top DPS, I mean by damage meter doing > 40% and sometimes even around 50 or 52% of all damage for the entire group and having the top below me not even doing half. But then there's no way they're going to be pulling 5.5k dps on bosses, without buffs, etc.... So if some complain "oh you're only doing 2.5k or 3k; I really do feel that I've carried enough groups that bringing a new 80 in doesn't make me feel guilty.

Someone in one of my guildes had run into the same on an undergeared alt. Mind you on his mage he was not uncommonly doing around 9k-12k dps quite consistently in 3.2 before ICC came out, and looking at TotC and TotGC 25 gear. It urged him to no end when some at best average player who though he was holding his own had nothing worth bragging about kept going on about how good he is, and totally trashed this guy because his shamy alt was only doing... We were all laughing in guild chat, and he commented "perhaps I should bring my mage into this run, and shut this guy up". We laughed all the more And mind you, I'm not just saying he could hit 12k on Hodir only.

There is some rumor that in cataclysm CC will be making a little bit of a come back, so we'll see then.
Old 05-02-10, 09:40 PM   #1004
Redshirt #24

I don't so much mind frost emblems in Heroics. My scorn is reserved for the folks who wander into VoA, kill only two bosses, and then poof...can't help it, that one bugs the hell out of me.
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Apple 30" Cinema Display
CM HAF X

Ever notice how the more people talk about something, the more you tend to hate it?
Redshirt #24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-10, 02:26 AM   #1005
Son Goku

I think the reason many do that; is people don't care about tier 7 or 8 anymore. Pretty much it comes down to tier 9 being purchasable by emblems which can be farmed in heroics. Now 25 man t9 isn't, so that would still pose an upgrade, even to pre-raid chars who had only hit 5 mans so far.

Actually, unless Blizzard has stronger quest rewards comming out in Cataclysm, I see an interesting thing comming. Basically it amounts to this. HFP quest greens were a fair upgrade over classic gear. People were replacing their raid gear with them, and some complained.

So the result was that Howling and Borean quest rewards were utterly pathetic. TBH, I don't really bother doing the questson alts for gear anymore. I'd rather just join up with achievement runs through TBC raids, and if lucky get some of the gear out of BT, Hyjal, etc. I really can't be bothered questing for such week rewards this last expansion provided, and tbh with already 4 80s, and way more 70s (from the last expansion then I'd care to count) I'm kinda bored questing in general anyhow. I'm not far off from lore master and the 3,000 quest achievement on one of those 80s anyhow. Now throw a PvP realm into the mix; ya know, getting ganked doing quests I'm bored of already, for rather week rewards that can't even measure up to kara level gear is bleh. And when guildies or even PuGs go after a kara achi (if they even need it, well DKs can); they're typically doing a 2 or 3 man gold run anyhow; as simply put they don't need more to clear it now.

So where does this leave things in Cataclysm? Well one can farm heroics for straight out tier 9 and iLvl 232 epic gear. What one can't get there, they can get through ICC 5 mans. I well imagine that if Cata greens aren't stronger people with their alts will skip the nub zones altogether, lvl farming WotLK 5 man heroics, use the emblems to buy t9; and won't bother touching the new content till after they have it.

Many people, and I'm comming closer and closer to that, have taken to questing less and lvling through instances rather more; after having had so many lvled chars anyhow. Dailies too have lost some interest due to, well again there's only so many days one can do the exact same quest before it's like "next"
Old 05-11-10, 01:52 PM   #1006
Fathertime36

Send a message via MSN to Fathertime36

Have to agree with how easy things are now, not complaining though, when I got bored with my mains rogue/war/hunter who were all geared out in BIS when nax 25 man was the cap raid I quite for about 2 months came back and I was able to level a druid in about 2 weeks casually, and gear it in both feral and resto t9 in about 3weeks of running the **** out of heroics and raids....then I was bored again...and quite again...tried aion what a ****ing joke that was...**** is reduntant I may or may not return again IDK!
Primary: I7 920 DO step @4 GHZ *ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 * 3x2gb GSkill DDR3 1600 * ATI 5870HD * Enermax Infinity 720w PSU * WD caviar Black 2TB * Coolermaster 840 case * SAMSUNG TOC T260HD * Win7 64bit/Linux Dual Boot* Eheim 1250 pump/ MC-TDX cpu block/ DD-5870 block/ Feser Monsta TFC XChanger 360 radiator/ Feser Triebwerk TK-121 x3
2nd:E8400 @3.7ghz/ 4GB(2/2gb)PC2-6400 DDR2 800) Crucial Ballistixs / GA-P35-DS3P/ Creative X-Fi Music Extreme/ Seasonic M12 SS-600HM/ WD5000AAKS/ ASUS CB-5216A/ ASUS DVD-E818AT/ Visiontek 4870 512mb w/thermaltake V2(40idle/70load)/ Win XP/ ViewSonic VG2230wm
OLD: AMD Opteron165/ MSI 7100 Platinum NEO NF4/sli / 1GB Geil Ultra Platinum pc4000 ddr500/ Creative X-Fi/ Enermax 465/ 75Gb WD Raptor/ WD4000AAKS/ 8800GT/ ViewSonic VX924
Fathertime36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-10, 01:20 AM   #1007
Smee

Anyone have interest in a 80 Mage 80 DK account with 90,000 gold?

Neither have been played in ages, so gear score is pretty bad (4000ish)

If your interested, PM me.
I can provide excellent Ebay feedback.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-10, 09:51 AM   #1008
Smee

LOL, I sold my account and almost 100k gold for $200
Does anyone still play the game actually? I lost all interest when people were leveling new toons to 80 and a 5000+ GS in under a week.. They ruined this game with their easy mode BS IMO.

I sold my Everquest Enchanter for $2700 at the tail end of that games popularity.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote