Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-09-10, 06:27 PM   #1021
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

On a pvp realm can you only pvp against somebody of the opposing faction?
Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 12:38 PM   #1022
ASUSEN7900GTX

SPOILER WARNING

i am a noob in WOw and i am at a mission with the bravo company at red ridge something.
AND i canīt find the Blackrock tower anywhere. I found the munitions hut and place a charge, but the tower nex to the munitions hut isnīt the "tower" where is it then?
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 11:51 AM   #1023
Yaboze

It's on the eastern end of the lake, that area.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-10, 11:52 AM   #1024
Yaboze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
On a pvp realm can you only pvp against somebody of the opposing faction?
Yep, it's not FFA.

You are always flagged for PvP, except in a few Sanctuary spots, like Dalaran/Shattrath I believe.

You can get ganked in your own home city and in every levelling area.
Old 12-14-10, 12:59 PM   #1025
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Yep, it's not FFA.

You are always flagged for PvP, except in a few Sanctuary spots, like Dalaran/Shattrath I believe.

You can get ganked in your own home city and in every levelling area.
Not true,you can only get ganked in contested territories.If you are horde on horde territory or alliance on ally soil you can only be attacked after you attack them first..They will be yellow to you and while you can attack them they can NOT attack you,same in the faction capitals.On contested territory though you are correct,they can and will gank the crap outta you,doesn't really matter than blizz changed it so players below level 10 doesn't give honor (like that stopped anyone to begin with...) Some quests with a pvp tag on them gets you pvp flagged though even on your own factions soil,check your portrait,if you have a horde/alliance logo under it youre pvp flagged.If you are on non contested territoty you can just log out and back in to remove it.
Old 12-14-10, 01:27 PM   #1026
Yaboze

What I meant was, you are not totally safe in your home city. If you are flagged, you can die in your home city.

You can't fight in the Sanctuary areas and are safe there.
Old 12-31-10, 08:10 PM   #1027
Son Goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
What I meant was, you are not totally safe in your home city. If you are flagged, you can die in your home city.

You can't fight in the Sanctuary areas and are safe there.
That's not a difference PvE vs PvP server though. It isn't uncommon practice for people, raiding an opposing city to hang out near the battle masters, and pop people off while they leave battleground. That has occured on PvE realms also. Or the lil nasty someone did with an obnoxious player of opposing faction who wasn't flaged.

There were 3 of us, out by Kharanos. They killed the NPCs, a bunch of us arrived, but after dieing the person waited the 5 mins, then resed, and stood around taunting people but wouldn't flag. So, one person mentioned "challenge that fool to a duel, and right after he accepts type

/forfeit

Well he did, and sure enough he was able to "duel" attack, accept because of the forfeit, it counted as an actual PvP strike. He got flagged, we ganked

Where the PvP enters in on this, is that if one hearths back from a contested area, they will still be flagged; but then if someone hearths out of WG, or now Tol Barad, they will be flagged whether it's a PvE or a PvP realm. If they take an fp however, naturally the flagging gets cleared and on a PvP realm only returns if one lands in a contested area.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 08:33 PM   #1028
Son Goku

Ya know, the downside of just how easy they made things in wraith (though it was a pages old discussion), comes to light in cata, when well, people who had it easy are not prepared for the expansion. And naturally the consequence for many is wishing the vote to kick option didn't have a cooldown. What one can end up seeing is PuGs that can't make it through normal, tanks and healers who argue about which one is bad as people are leaving the group, etc.

My past several days (well today I got the daily heroic for valor points in a guild group), but had fallen along the lines of h blackrock caverns. I'm random queued in on the second boss, after I don't know how many wipes, but everyone else was repairing. So at boss, someone can't negotiate the beam, so they become a dragonkin/wipe. Take 2, now the mob becomes a dragonkin, wipe. And it's wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, wipe, everytime, the same guy.

At this point, and my guy having 248 average iLvl, and except for 1 trinket nothing he can get from heroics, and inching closer and closer to the daily reset, am beginning to ask if we can just skip this boss at this point, and get the valor points. I'd like them before the daily reset, so I don't lose a days worth. Some want to try again, and wipe, wipe, wipe, oh now I need to repair. And how many times they had full repairs before, dunno.

The healer didn't like skipping, so left, someone else PuGed in, and all I can say with the final boss down was good ridance. That one guy, no matter how much anything was explained, how many times things were wiped on, he just never learned anything.

Day before, PuGed into cookie in heroic VC, tank died, the other 2 DPS died, finally maneaged to down it on my hunter, with just me and the healer still alive. Now some might question the heals, but and this said, surely a tank should be easier to keep alive then a mail wearing DPS and himself without a tank, so....

For all intents and purposes, as we went from there, through the nightmare run, to the final boss, I was carrying them. The tank kept dieing, on trash even, with me having to finish stuff off. And outside of myself, well we had 85 dps that could only do 3k dps, with me pulling like 12k+... In the end, I did 50% of the damage for the group, and sadly in PuGs, it isn't an uncommon experience.

ATM, I kinda avoid PuGs, and tbh missed some of the valor points I might have otherwise got, simply because of how painful PuGing with many people can be. Same goes with the healer with only 40k mana in 45 instances, the DPS tank, who thought he could chain pull entire rooms, and kept doing the same thing, as he wondered (but couldn't understand) how he was dieing in 2 seconds flat.

Oh, and the argument between the tank and healers who started yelling that the other is a n00b and a retard, came down to the tank wanting to skip a pull in lost city. The healer told him it can't be skipped, and he accused the healer of pulling mobs, with a stand here, take 2 they all were, and the same group wiped everyone. So then commenced the shouting match, which the 3 DPS would rather not have heard. The tank and healer then both rage quit, insisting the other one was the idiot

So is how it goes, when after having had it so easy, for so long; these self same people who got used to face rolling everything in Wraith, comes face to face with Cataclysm I think many I've known have been on cooldown for initiating vote to kick, more often then not; and many healers and tanks disgusted with it, have unilaterly decided to stop pulling trash until either so and so agrees to leave, or vote to kick cd wears off.
Son Goku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-11, 11:31 AM   #1029
sammy sung

Sofar in cata the huge amount of profession grinding is a disappointment,lw is insane.Also the fact that not even the endbosses in cata hc 5 man dungeons drop epic loot.It's crap tbh,every epic and several superior items you can craft use chaos orbs and theyre bop that only drops in hc's.Wich i wouldn't have had issues with apart from the fact that the items you craft are boe,this makes it even better for the goldsellers Every epic plate item costs like 10-30 k so in essence theyve made this game even MORE interesting to accstealers,scammers etc .

Blizzard said they made these changes because epics are supposed to be harder to get,more effort is needed,atm though all you need is gold.
Old 01-20-11, 07:22 PM   #1030
qube
Bored sins birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSEN7900GTX View Post
SPOILER WARNING

i am a noob in WOw and i am at a mission with the bravo company at red ridge something.
AND i canīt find the Blackrock tower anywhere. I found the munitions hut and place a charge, but the tower nex to the munitions hut isnīt the "tower" where is it then?
asus try this site its good www.wowhead.com if you are stuck
Old 01-22-11, 06:18 PM   #1031
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Sammy, quit your bitching cause they don't hand out epics because you can win a heroic. good god.. they make epics worth something now and people complain.

Tradeskills are no harder to max out now then back in wotlk, in fact Blacksmithing required you to obtain orbs and craft epic pieces for the last 10 levels in wotlk. In cataclysm you can craft the pvp pieces up to max level using ore and elements.

Also its kinda funny but uncommon gems are worth more then rare gems cause multiple tradeskills use them be converted. About the only tradeskill I think is suffering is tailoring cause the epic cloth armor they make uses a special cloth that is no drop, and must be made by the tailor. They are given a handful of recipes that make the cloth, each one being pretty much "use craploads of this material (elements, orbs, cloth) to make one epic cloth", and each one of those are on a 7 day cooldown. A tailor could make one piece of epic armor in a week if they obtain a crap ton of different elements and are willing to burn orbs, other wise it could be several weeks to make something.
Old 01-24-11, 04:22 PM   #1032
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

I didn't have trouble maxing my leatherworking at all. I've cleared all heroics multiple times a as a pretty casual player. Now I am pissed off at about 99% of the playerbase I've run into. When you pug heroics you truly realize how bad the vast majority of WOW players are. This game isn't hard if you have 2 working braincells. I got tired of toting people every night and closed my account. I'm not saying I won't come back, but I'm exploring other options right now.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote