Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-05, 02:46 PM   #1
Rakeesh

Default Creator of Final Fantasy games now works for Microsoft.

http://news.inq7.net/infotech/index....story_id=28766

If microsoft keeps getting similar deals to this, they may yet pick up respectable sales in the asian market.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-05, 08:38 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Creator of Final Fantasy games now works for Microsoft.

Eh, I read this but it honestly means nothing. He hasn't been on the creative part of a game in over 10 years and its not like its Square, Its a new company that he founded. Of course a new company will jump onboard any system they can get...

Oh and he doesn't work for Microsoft, he stated that his company will be making 2 exclusive RPGs for the next Xbox.
Old 02-26-05, 08:42 PM   #3
Rakeesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Oh and he doesn't work for Microsoft, he stated that his company will be making 2 exclusive RPGs for the next Xbox.
In effect, working for microsoft.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Old 02-27-05, 01:35 AM   #4
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

He's a hack who hasn't touched a FF game in a non-sexual manner since FFVI. As mentioned this won't change anything, FF/Square Enix has the name, not the people who make the games [espeically since the FF games shuffle development teams almost every other iteration].
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 06:10 AM   #5
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
In effect, working for microsoft.
No since MS doesn't pay him directly nor is he on thier payroll. If this was the case then Square and Namco would work for Sony since they both are practically exclusive to Sony...

Hes making 2 Exclusive RPGs, who knows how many games his development studio will be making... maybe PS3 will get 3 Exclusives? or Nintendo...
Old 02-27-05, 07:33 AM   #6
ChrisRay

Either way its nice to see Microsoft is trying to get some developers to tackle their RPG market which they desperately need right now.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 11:23 AM   #7
Rakeesh

Hmm...you guys act as though you want microsoft to fail in this area. Why?

Old 02-27-05, 11:39 AM   #8
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Hmm...you guys act as though you want microsoft to fail in this area. Why?
Because it's "cool" to hate Microsoft, duh.

Anyway, I'm excited to hear about this. Considering that the first four Final Fantasies were arguably the best (and are my favorites, especially IV) it's good to hear that this man will be developing games again. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-05, 12:04 PM   #9
|MaguS|

I dis like MS because I don't like any company that basically says "Develope for me or I will buy you out!", I hate EA aswell. I believe the industry needs more independent developers and when you have companies throwing cash around to make sure they get the games they want, it pisses me off. Oh and MS's QA sucks... they block great original/unique concepts from being developed/published for the Xbox.

(Not saying MS did it with this game/developer but they have with many others, Bungi anyone?)
Old 02-27-05, 12:31 PM   #10
Rakeesh

If it weren't for microsoft, the last generation of consoles would have been a hell of a lot more expensive than they were. Nearly half of the sudden price drops by all 3 console manufacturers were triggered by microsoft alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Anyway, I'm excited to hear about this. Considering that the first four Final Fantasies were arguably the best (and are my favorites, especially IV) it's good to hear that this man will be developing games again. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.
Yeah I agree with that. FF7 was the last semi-good one. After that was all crap. FF4 was definitely the best of all of them though, at least the storyline was anyways.

Old 02-27-05, 02:22 PM   #11
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
I dis like MS because I don't like any company that basically says "Develope for me or I will buy you out!", I hate EA aswell. I believe the industry needs more independent developers and when you have companies throwing cash around to make sure they get the games they want, it pisses me off. Oh and MS's QA sucks... they block great original/unique concepts from being developed/published for the Xbox.

(Not saying MS did it with this game/developer but they have with many others, Bungi anyone?)
who cares? Microsoft makes some good games and that's all that really matters.

Age of Empires series
Age of Mythology
Dungeon Siege series

As long as they make good games I'm not complaining at all.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-05, 04:37 PM   #12
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Meh, the first FF game was crap, the second wasn't even an FF game [it was a SaGa game], and I haven't played the third to comment. However from the SNES era FFIV was my favorite, with 5 close behind. I never got into VI.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote