Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-03-05, 10:43 AM   #37
f|LtH fR@g

Default Re: Creator of Final Fantasy games now works for Microsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
You played and beat OOT but couldn't play CT because chrono wouldn't talk? I don't recall Link ever talking... Heck, Half way through CT things change
Just like I beat hl2 and didnt mind the silence from the main character.

It just seems certain games can pull off the silence and others cant. I'm not making excuses to justify the games I've played. If u hate something I liked, thats fine, we all have opinions Maybe I'll give CT another go.
Old 03-03-05, 12:21 PM   #38
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Wow, I was just called an elist by a guy who a page back went on an anti-FFVII rant.
Yet another poster lacking basic reading comprehension, what a surprise.

Read my FFVII post again. I never said it was a bad game. In fact, I said it was a great game. But I said I didn't think it was the BEST GAME EVER MADE. That doesn't equate to "anti-FFVII". Well, I guess it does if you're trying to twist my words around in a feeble defense of an elitist post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filth frag
If u hate something I liked, thats fine, we all have opinions
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 12:45 PM   #39
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Read my FFVII post again. I never said it was a bad game. In fact, I said it was a great game. But I said I didn't think it was the BEST GAME EVER MADE.
No my friend it is the best RPG for the PS1 ever made. I dont think another game has ever caught me off gaurd as when Aries was murderd by. Scratch that, no game has ever caught me me off gaurd like that. I will admit it my eyes even became wet. She seemed so vital for the story them wam. For the whole game I thought for sure they would bring her back to save everyone or lend her powers some how...it never happend. Then there is cloud going crazy and the blind love Tifa has for him which he doesnt give back. Greatness in all it's glory. I am RPG nut since the Sega Master system days and not comparing it against the Zelda's it is my favorite RPG. I have it mint as if it was bought yesterday it's so special to me.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05, 12:49 PM   #40
|MaguS|

I hope they bring Aries back in FFVII-2, I saw some captures of what looked to be her return but it could be a dream or a memory... god I cant wait for it to release...
Old 03-03-05, 01:00 PM   #41
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
No my friend it is the best RPG for the PS1 ever made. I dont think another game has ever caught me off gaurd as when Aries was murderd by. Scratch that, no game has ever caught me me off gaurd like that. I will admit it my eyes even became wet. She seemed so vital for the story them wam. For the whole game I thought for sure they would bring her back to save everyone or lend her powers some how...it never happend. Then there is cloud going crazy and the blind love Tifa has for him which he doesnt give back. Greatness in all it's glory. I am RPG nut since the Sega Master system days and not comparing it against the Zelda's it is my favorite RPG. I have it mint as if it was bought yesterday it's so special to me.
Yeah it's definitely a great PS1 RPG, if not the best. I liked Xenogears better but then again, I could only play it once. I've played FF7 through about 5 or 6 times now.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-03-05, 01:31 PM   #42
|MaguS|

Xenogears was too unbalanced, at once second it was a great flowing story and another it slowed down to a crawl, one second its prefect difficulty another its either too easy or nearly impossible.

The same went for Final Fantasy Tactics, awsome game but so unbalanced at some points...
Old 03-03-05, 01:38 PM   #43
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

That's true, it was pretty uneven (Xenogears). But the plot was very engaging and despite the horrific difficulty and enemy encounter rate, the game was awesome, and arguably better than FF7 (to me at least).
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-03-05, 05:49 PM   #44
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Read my FFVII post again. I never said it was a bad game. In fact, I said it was a great game. But I said I didn't think it was the BEST GAME EVER MADE. That doesn't equate to "anti-FFVII". Well, I guess it does if you're trying to twist my words around in a feeble defense of an elitist post.
No but it equates to elitism. For you what's not the great may be God to another. You basically said FFVII isn't all the great, go play other rpgs. Pretty much exactly what I said. So you wanna be the Kettle or the Pot? I'm indifferent.

Quote:
Yet another poster lacking basic reading comprehension, what a surprise.
As for my reading comprehension, I admit I have difficulty understanding a lot of your posts. I just can't seem to shove my head that far up my ass and thus I can't see things from your perspective. *sigh*

Keep it clean, Ninja, make your points and spare us your attempts at being witty. I have no problem turning this into a generic flame war and sharpening my tongue on you but I'd rather avoid it .
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-05, 10:11 PM   #45
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
You basically said FFVII isn't all the great, go play other rpgs.
I said it was excellent, actually. I just said it wasn't the best FF game, in my opinion. Which I made a point of saying. I don't see how that's elitist at all. I can see how saying "People who worship CT need to go play some Japanese RPGs that never made it to the states" is elitist because you make a false assumption that none of us have played the games you were referring to and then implied that because you HAD played them your opinion of CT was somehow more valid than ours.
Quote:
I just can't seem to shove my head that far up my ass and thus I can't see things from your perspective.
Followed up by (on the next sentence might I add)...
Quote:
Keep it clean, Ninja, make your points and spare us your attempts at being witty.
What was that about the pot and the kettle again?
Quote:
Keep it clean, Ninja, make your points and spare us your attempts at being witty. I have no problem turning this into a generic flame war and sharpening my tongue on you but I'd rather avoid it .
Ouch! Tough talk from an Internet Tough Guy (copyright 2005, all rights reserved)!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Last edited by Ninjaman09; 03-03-05 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-03-05, 11:55 PM   #46
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:
I said it was excellent, actually. I just said it wasn't the best FF game, in my opinion. Which I made a point of saying. I don't see how that's elitist at all.
The other guy:
Im sorry, but anyone who doesn't like FF7 need not play rpg's. FF7 is hands down one of the greatest games ever made.

Ninja:
Sorry for not quoting your name properly, I didn't feel like typing that out. Anyway, I have to assume that, in order to say this, you:
-Played Final Fantasy VII before you played any other FF games
-Played Final Fantasy VII before you palyed any other GAMES
-Have never played Deus Ex
-Have never played Chrono Trigger
-Have never played A Link to the Past
-Have never played Xenogears
-Have never played Ocarina of Time
-Have never played ...[insert X game that is better than FF7]...

So let me get this straight. For his opinion to be valid he would have had to have played all those games. That is what you said after all. Same thing I said. 'Cept you didn't like it when the shoe went on the other foot eh? What's that? You like dishing it out but the second someone throws your own crap back at you you cry bloody murder.

See that's the wonderful thing about message boards, your bullcrap is archived for my qouting pleasure.

And Zelda isn't an RPG series so I have no idea what part of your anatomy you pulled that out from. The fact that you're including it in a discussion about RPGs brings into question the validity of your beliefs.
Old 03-04-05, 06:56 AM   #47
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
So let me get this straight. For his opinion to be valid he would have had to have played all those games. That is what you said after all. Same thing I said. 'Cept you didn't like it when the shoe went on the other foot eh? What's that? You like dishing it out but the second someone throws your own crap back at you you cry bloody murder.
I made it clear that I was joking:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I know I'm just messing around. It's silly to argue about video games but it's still fun!
Quote:
And Zelda isn't an RPG series so I have no idea what part of your anatomy you pulled that out from.
That's because we were never talking about RPGs, but all games. It just so happens that many of my favorite games are RPGs. Zelda happens to be up there on my list too. Once again your lack of reading comprehension is a detriment to your posting.

Got anything else to throw my way?
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 03-04-05, 12:42 PM   #48
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:
I made it clear that I was joking:
You're such a little weasel. They should make a platforming game about you. And eveytime you'd get hit bullcrap would go flying everywhere.

Quote:
Got anything else to throw my way?
Me? All I have to do is keep you posting, you defeat yourself at every turn. I just gotta keep the wheels turning.

Quote:
That's because we were never talking about RPGs, but all games. It just so happens that many of my favorite games are RPGs. Zelda happens to be up there on my list too. Once again your lack of reading comprehension is a detriment to your posting.
He was cleary talking about RPGs, that's just a given. See this is why you should remove your head from your anus, come back down to us mortal men your godliness, you'll be better able to relate with your fellow man, and your fellow man will have an easier time understanding you with your mouth free of ass. Though I'm not naive enough to believe it'd be free from crap.