Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-14-05, 03:40 AM   #1
tokra128

Default Well, I need - again - help !

I have no idee if I will receive any help, but I will try...... because I have managed to finish all possible solution with no working solution !

1. I have a Asus A78nx Delux - with soundstorm. I have proper installed the new nvidia drivers four sound and network - driver version 1.0-0301 - . But, because It must be a but - I am unnable to get 5.1 sound from my speakers. Under windows, with the same computer and sound system (boxes + 3.13 windows driver version) all is ok. Under linux all i get are sound from front and rear speakers, the center ans subbuffer are allways muted ! Of course, the drivers are set-up correctly - as you can see on attachament. I have been try to check center and lfe, but even checked I get no 5.1 sound. The boxes are connected analog ....

2. Now I will wrilly piss-off some guys from this forum, but ,. a desperated man need a desperate solution. My english is not so good, and , I think because of that , I am unnable to proper set-up xfree to use 2 displays, one for applicatuion, and the second for viewing movies under linux on TV. I have been searching a program for a very long time to make this modification, but I have find none so far.... So, this is what I want :

1. A program to make the necessary modification on xfree config file, or if it is someone sa nice to modify my xfree attached, to work with this solution , i will be for ever and ever tankfull.

My system is :

SuSE 9.2
MB Asus A78nx deluxe with soundstorm
19 AOC monitor
6800 graphic card
1 GB of ram
Version: 1.0-7167 of linux driver from nvidia

Sorry again for my english and tank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunet.png
Views:	173
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	10834  
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.txt (5.3 KB, 139 views)
tokra128 is offline   Reply With Quote