Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-05-05, 01:39 AM   #49
Superfly
Retired

Default Re: Official Star Wars Republic Commando thread

yeh the new score is awesome - very dark.

Its Unreal engine 2 I believe @ muya.

Last edited by Superfly; 03-05-05 at 07:15 AM.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 03:33 AM   #50
carkis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908
Same thing. I'm getting there with about two minutes remaining and then simply having my ass kicked. I hate when developers throw these sort of bull**** situations at you.
Chin up. You'll need to learn from these skirmishes to do better in future battles. Once you get the tactics down and you adapt to the situation better, you get the hang of it and it's a great experience!
carkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 11:08 AM   #51
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkis
Chin up. You'll need to learn from these skirmishes to do better in future battles. Once you get the tactics down and you adapt to the situation better, you get the hang of it and it's a great experience!
I was tired after a stetch of long days, so it probably wasn't the best time to attempt that mission.

I'm sure I'll get past it today.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 12:36 PM   #52
Gabrobot

I'm definitely getting this game...it's good to see that Lucasarts can still make good FPS games. The demo was a blast and I was surprised at how many times it can be replayed without getting repetitive.
Gabrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 03:48 PM   #53
Superfly
Retired

yeh - seriously loving it here.

forgot how much fun gaming can be when you got a great game with no hype or expectations, just good old fashioned game play and storytelling.

Good Job LA.

Amazing use of the Unreal Engine, its hard to believe its the same thing sometimes.

EDIT: still have'nt seen a bug or had a crash/sound issue - nothing.
Old 03-05-05, 05:46 PM   #54
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefeet8
I've found that you can bypass that by disabling vsync in the CP, but enable it in the game options. You can then use AA without vsync(the CP option will overide the game option). Odd I know, but it worked in the demo.
Too bad that dosent work with ATi cards so i had to switch v-sync on . no biggie though because my framerate is good @1600x1200,2xAA,8xAF .

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:48 PM   #55
k_ozz

Just got it today myself after reading the remarks here...

Great game...

Any one know where screen shots are saved I took a few, but could not find them in the game folder or my docs?
k_ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-05, 10:54 PM   #56
holmes

Assuming you installed in the default directory:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Republic Commando\GameData\System

The Rig
ASRock 970 Extreme3 AM3+
AMD Athlon II x2 260
DDR3-1600 (2x2GB) Kingston HyperX
Western Digital caviar 1TB
ECS GeForce GT 220 1GB
Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX case
Corsair 750W PSU
holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-05, 12:16 AM   #57
zafarsaand

any one know where i can find console command for this game?
zafarsaand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 01:12 AM   #58
tret

Unfortunately this game doesn't seem to like SLI much, I used nhancer to force both AFR and SFR mode and I actually get better frame rate if I set it for Single Card use, basically disabling SLI. This is a bummer, hopefully further driver updates from Nvidia will fix this as I would love to play this at 1600x1200 w 2 or 4x AA and still have good frame rate.

tret
Old 03-06-05, 04:35 AM   #59
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Just beat the game. It was pretty fun, although the "ending" is pretty disapointing. Hell, at least HL2 and Halo 2's endings made you excited about the prospect of a sequel, with RC's ending it's kinda like "oh, ok, I guess I'm done then". In fact there really wasn't a build up to anything noteworthy throughout the entire game. It's basically a 3-episode side game about random events in the Star Wars universe. This would probably be one of the easiest games to make an expansion pack for, since they could just make it about whatever they wanted to (after finishing up the "business" left unresolved at the end of this game).

Still, decent game, although I think it's the game's lack of focus rather than it's length that makes the single-player campaign less enjoyable than it should've been. Not to mention it would've been amazing if this game had coop, I really can't understand why it doesn't have at least a split-screen coop mode in the Xbox version (where coordination with your allies and lag wouldn't have been a factor). Oh well, it's still ended up pretty good.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 12:27 PM   #60
Superfly
Retired

HaHa!!!!

you can get rid of the annoying mouse acceleration by editing the system.ini file found in the system directory:

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
HighDetailActors=True
SuperHighDetailActors=True
UsePrecaching=True
UseTrilinear=True
AdapterNumber=-1
ReduceMouseLag=False
UseTripleBuffering=True
UseHardwareTL=True
UseHardwareVS=True
UseCubemaps=True