Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-04-05, 10:17 AM   #1
dpagan

Default Control Panel AA&AF ingame AA&AF

i've been playing HL2 and COR (won't keep playing this one till they patch it), and i've decided to play with the in game settings in hl2, and disabled aa& af from he control panel and enabled them ingame, and i have noticed a smoother performance using these settings, i've also tried it in COR's ingame AF and notice the same, i get a total from 5 to 10+ FPS using the ingame settings instead of forcing them thru the control panel, now i've read a few articles claiming that ingame AA&AF are optimized for the games that have this option, but i never really tried it till now and i have to admit from now on if the option is available ingame thats exactly what i'll be using instead of forcing it thru the control panel.

Spec's:
Abit NF8
Amd Athlon64 2800@2.25Ghz
1GB GeIL Ultra Platinum PC4000@ 7-4-4-2.5
160GB WD Caviar HD 7200RPM 8MB Cache
Chaintech 6600GT@ 550/1000
SB Audigy2

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=36426

Last edited by dpagan; 03-04-05 at 10:55 AM.
dpagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:38 AM   #2
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: CONTROL PANEL AA&AF IN GAME AA&AF

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:48 AM   #3
dpagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
is that better ninjASS

Spec's:
Abit NF8
SB Audigy2

Old 03-04-05, 10:49 AM   #4
einstein_314
w00t!!

Default Re: Control Panel AA&AF ingame AA&AF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpagan
i've been playing HL2 and COR (won't keep playing this one till they patch it) and i've decided to play with the in game settings in hl2 and disabled aa& af from he control panel and enabled them ingame and i have noticed a smoother performance using these settings i also tried it in COR's ingame AF and notice the same i get a total from 5 to 10+ FPS using the ingame settings instead of forcing them thru the control panel, now i've read a few articles claiming that ingame AA&AF are optimized for the games that have this option in game but i never really tried it till now and i have to admit from now on if the option is available ingame thats exactly what i'll be using instead of forcing it thru the control panel

Wow, that's a reeeaaaallly long sentence.
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 10:53 AM   #5
dpagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314
Wow, that's a reeeaaaallly long sentence.
Sorry didn't mean for it to be that long >reeeaaaallly< for someone who can't spell, you sure complain a lot.

Spec's:
Abit NF8
SB Audigy2

Old 03-04-05, 10:56 AM   #6
Gentle

(This is a parody of the original posters message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing and even though half life 2 shows it as an option the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing wow you learn something new every day also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer i dont mean to sound mean its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe without punctuation or capitals but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message oh and dont forget let either the drivers enforce the options or the game dont use both the computer might get confused

-----

(Here is a parody of his edited message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing, and even though half life 2 shows it as an option, the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing, (wow you learn something new every day), also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options, but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer, (i dont mean to sound mean, its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe, without correct usage of punctuation or capitals, but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message), oh and dont forget, let either the drivers enforce the options, or the game, dont use both, the computer might get confused

Gentle
Gentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 11:15 AM   #7
dpagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle
(This is a parody of the original posters message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing and even though half life 2 shows it as an option the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing wow you learn something new every day also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer i dont mean to sound mean its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe without punctuation or capitals but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message oh and dont forget let either the drivers enforce the options or the game dont use both the computer might get confused

-----

(Here is a parody of his edited message.)

i wonder if you notice that the antialiasing options for half life 2 show 6xaa antialiasing, and even though half life 2 shows it as an option, the actual nvidia drivers dont do 6xaa antialiasing, (wow you learn something new every day), also i let all the games choose my antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options, but you can do whichever you think is best after all it is your computer, (i dont mean to sound mean, its just that i am cranky now that i have typed this entire diatribe, without correct usage of punctuation or capitals, but hey i did use correct spelling throughout the entire message), oh and dont forget, let either the drivers enforce the options, or the game, dont use both, the computer might get confused

Gentle
well it's nice to see that there are a few in this forum, who are nice enough to point out other members spelling and or misuse of puntuations, thanks, now can we get back on topic, you understood what i meant, if you don't have anything that will contribute to this thread, don't bother posting, this isn't a spelling bee thread, and i don't really care what you have to say about my spelling, not everyone here is a nerd and or spelling teacher, we have girlfriends and get laid, yes laid thats a topic i can contribute too (a lot), but i have a feeling you won't have nothing to say at all, and no don't post saying you do, cause if you get cranky cause you've had to write a diatribe, that means you use you hands on yourself a lot, so lets stay on topic, now i know why you call yourself gentle, "you're gonna go blind man, quit being gentle to yourself"

Spec's:
Abit NF8
SB Audigy2

Old 03-04-05, 11:32 AM   #8
JaxMacFL

Quote:
i've been playing HL2 and COR (won't keep playing this one till they patch it), and i've decided to play with the in game settings in hl2, and disabled aa& af from he control panel and enabled them ingame, and i have noticed a smoother performance using these settings, i've also tried it in COR's ingame AF and notice the same, i get a total from 5 to 10+ FPS using the ingame settings instead of forcing them thru the control panel, now i've read a few articles claiming that ingame AA&AF are optimized for the games that have this option, but i never really tried it till now and i have to admit from now on if the option is available ingame thats exactly what i'll be using instead of forcing it thru the control panel.

If you meant you turned off the aa/af in the nvidia control panel enstead of checking the application-controlled box, then you may not be using any aa/af in the game. Checking the application-controlled box in the nvidia control panel and using the in-game aa/af controls (when available) is the proper way to utilize them. If no aa/af available in the games option, the utilize them from the control panel. You should never have to turn them off/disable.
i7 2600K @ 4.8GHz (1.40v) w/NH-D14 - P8P67 WS B3 rev (BIOS 2105) - G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3-1600 16GB (7-8-7-24-2T) - Sapphire 7970 Crossfire w/Xtreme 7970 coolers - OCZ Agility 3 240GB - Dell 3008FPW - SB X-Fi Tit Fatal1ty Pro - Seasonic X-1250W - CM HAF X RC942 - Win 7 HP x64 SP1
JaxMacFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-05, 11:35 AM   #9
dpagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMacFL
If you meant you turned off the aa/af in the nvidia control panel enstead of checking the application-controlled box, then you may not be using any aa/af in the game. Checking the application-controlled box in the nvidia control panel and using the in-game aa/af controls (when available) is the proper way to utilize them. If no aa/af available in the games option, the utilize them from the control panel. You should never have to turn them off/disable.
i did leave them as application-controlled in the control panel, i just enabled them in the ingame options.

Spec's:
Abit NF8
SB Audigy2

Old 03-04-05, 11:50 AM   #10
JaxMacFL

Quote:
i did leave them as application-controlled in the control panel, i just enabled them in the ingame options.

I've heard of gamers using aa/af in both the control panel and the game options. Now that really puts a load on the old graphics card and usually causes the game to be unplayable. You're doing it the right way. Cool game too.
i7 2600K @ 4.8GHz (1.40v) w/NH-D14 - P8P67 WS B3 rev (BIOS 2105) - G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3-1600 16GB (7-8-7-24-2T) - Sapphire 7970 Crossfire w/Xtreme 7970 coolers - OCZ Agility 3 240GB - Dell 3008FPW - SB X-Fi Tit Fatal1ty Pro - Seasonic X-1250W - CM HAF X RC942 - Win 7 HP x64 SP1
JaxMacFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-05, 11:53 AM   #11
dpagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMacFL
I've heard of gamers using aa/af in both the control panel and the game options. Now that really puts a load on the old graphics card and usually causes the game to be unplayable. You're doing it the right way. Cool game too.
thanks for the smart and good post, first one on this thread so far.

Spec's:
Abit NF8
SB Audigy2

Old 03-04-05, 12:40 PM   #12
superklye