Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-23-11, 05:13 AM   #1
K007

Default Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Quote:
Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling says that post-release support “major focus” for the team once Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is released on November 8. Gamerzines spotted Bowling’s comments on Twitter, where he said that players can expect “exceptional post-launch support” and “constant patches” for Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer.

Bowling says that fan feedback on Modern Warfare 2′s multiplayer has motivated the team to provide better support for the sequel. Modern Warfare 2′s multiplayer suffered numerous hacks and cheats when it came out in 2009, and Infinity Ward were criticised for taking too long to patch up new exploits. Hopefully Modern Warfare 3′s multiplayer will be more secure. For more on the next Call of Duty game, check out last week’s huge Modern Warfare 3 info-leak. There’s also a shiny new Modern Warfare 3 site, which contains the four teaser trailers Activision released over the weekend.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/19/ca...ame=0&ns_fee=0

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 05:58 AM   #2
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

dedicated servers? yes / no thx
Old 06-23-11, 07:36 AM   #3
Logical

Default Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to get “exceptional post-launch support”

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
dedicated servers? yes / no thx
They're so called still in talks about it according to Bowling. Fact is if they offer the PC customers the same as console customers then there is gonna be a lot of pissed PC customers.

Here is a list of features from the PC version that i would like to see, without these the game will be a no buy from me....

Dedicated servers from GSP of choice, mod tools as close to launch as possible, effective anticheat, console with full CVAR control with the obvious ones being locked, prone, lean, fully laid out multiplayer maps instead of parts of SP being used, the COD elite service actually offering something worth paying for, independance from Steam and a less than £40 price tag.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 07:55 AM   #4
PeterJensen

**** 'em. go BF 3
Old 06-23-11, 08:08 AM   #5
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Either Infinity Ward is simply putting up a "smoke and mirrors" cover to get more sales, or they're legitimately scared of what BF3 could do to the PC FPS market.

Good. I like a little competition.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 08:58 AM   #6
K007

erm it was already confirmed...it wont be having dedicated servers...same as mw2...just different skin..more brown..and more lies.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 07:15 PM   #7
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
erm it was already confirmed...it wont be having dedicated servers...same as mw2...just different skin..more brown..and more lies.
Oooh got any links for this as i cant find nothing on confirmation.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 09:52 PM   #8
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

thats because we are gonna get another unfinished beta of a port... they will have to patch it for months just like Black Ops to get it running decent for us. I'm tired of PC ports that blow chunks. They can claim they will give "exceptional post-launch support", but I'm tired of the BS and can't believe anything these retarded devs say anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-11, 10:30 PM   #9
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

cod is dead. only greeDDo plays that game....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 07:15 AM   #10
Burnt_Ram

no dedicated servers for PC??? wtf man, are they kidding. once blops gets mod tools released that will give me a cod fix when i need it, which aint too offen anymore
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 09:22 AM   #11
TheANIMAL

who gives a ****
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 09:30 AM   #12
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
They're so called still in talks about it according to Bowling. Fact is if they offer the PC customers the same as console customers then there is gonna be a lot of pissed PC customers.

Here is a list of features from the PC version that i would like to see, without these the game will be a no buy from me....

Dedicated servers from GSP of choice, mod tools as close to launch as possible, effective anticheat, console with full CVAR control with the obvious ones being locked, prone, lean, fully laid out multiplayer maps instead of parts of SP being used, the COD elite service actually offering something worth paying for, independance from Steam and a less than £40 price tag.
What year do you think this is? 2007? Last game that had all that was COD4...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote