Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-06-05, 01:34 PM   #1
superklye

Default Jurassic Life

http://www.servergamers.com/jurassic-life/

Obviously, a Jurassic Park mod for HL2...it looks really nice though. They've got some screenshots up, and I am thoroughly impressed. If they can get the dinosaur models done quick and post screens, I'll be even more impressed. If it makes it more than a few more months, I'll be ecstatic. I have been dying for a good Dinosaur game for years, ever since being heartbroken by Trespasser.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 01:59 PM   #2
jolle

Default Re: Jurassic Life

hehe trespasser.. boxes and stuff kept knocking the weapon out of your hands and stuff...
MP mod is it? didnt read.. maybe I should..
Old 03-06-05, 02:17 PM   #3
superklye

Nope, this is single player!
Old 03-06-05, 09:27 PM   #4
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Looks cool, although I guess this means there isn't much room left for my idea of a Jurassic Park mod...

The environments look pretty good though, if the dinosaurs are done well then the mod could be very fun. It's nice to see a SINGLE-PLAYER mod in development for once, it seems that 99% of the mods released are multiplayer-only. Although, my real dream would be for this type of game to be playable in coop

Oh, and as a random side-note, I'm actually playing through Trespasser right now, and it really isn't that bad. Terribly flawed in many areas, but the physics and dinosaurs are surprisingly well done. Also combat is pretty intense, close-range fighting suddenly becomes a LOT more exciting when the enemy is able to knock your weapon away. I hope one of these upcoming JP mods takes the good elements from Trespasser and combines it with the strengths of modern engines, with a little work it could turn out very well.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 09:30 PM   #5
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Looks cool, although I guess this means there isn't much room left for my idea of a Jurassic Park mod...

The environments look pretty good though, if the dinosaurs are done well then the mod could be very fun. It's nice to see a SINGLE-PLAYER mod in development for once, it seems that 99% of the mods released are multiplayer-only. Although, my real dream would be for this type of game to be playable in coop

Oh, and as a random side-note, I'm actually playing through Trespasser right now, and it really isn't that bad. Terribly flawed in many areas, but the physics and dinosaurs are surprisingly well done. Also combat is pretty intense, close-range fighting suddenly becomes a LOT more exciting when the enemy is able to knock your weapon away. I hope one of these upcoming JP mods takes the good elements from Trespasser and combines it with the strengths of modern engines, with a little work it could turn out very well.
I was really considering installing and playing it again, I've still got it here. I just can't bring myself to throw it away.
Old 03-06-05, 09:30 PM   #6
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Yea trespasser was just way ahead of its time
Old 03-06-05, 09:39 PM   #7
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Did Capcom abandon the Dino Crisis series?
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 09:42 PM   #8
superklye

After Dino Crisis 3 (the space game) I don't think there is much more they can do to destroy dinosaur gaming.

Old 03-06-05, 10:04 PM   #9
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Haha, yeah, I'm not sure what drove them to make a "mutant dinosaurs in spaaaaace!" game. The first DC was decent, the second was really good, and then the third they're kinda like...lets not even try! To be honest though, DC3 wasn't that bad if you look at it as a generic action/shooter game with a horrible camera, but why they called it Dino Crisis I'll never know. Maybe some day they'll make a DC4 based on the original concept DC3 (dinosaurs in modern times), but for now it kinda seems they gave up on it.

Too bad, for as cool as dinosaurs are you'd think there would be more dinosaur games out there (Turok Evolution didn't exactly highten my faith in "first person dinosaur shooting" games, and I'm not even going to mention Dinosaur Hunter...). Or better yet, a game where you play AS a dinosaur. Screw guns, I wanna cut my enemies in half and tear out their throats!
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-05, 10:28 PM   #10
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Haha, yeah, I'm not sure what drove them to make a "mutant dinosaurs in spaaaaace!" game. The first DC was decent, the second was really good, and then the third they're kinda like...lets not even try! To be honest though, DC3 wasn't that bad if you look at it as a generic action/shooter game with a horrible camera, but why they called it Dino Crisis I'll never know. Maybe some day they'll make a DC4 based on the original concept DC3 (dinosaurs in modern times), but for now it kinda seems they gave up on it.

Too bad, for as cool as dinosaurs are you'd think there would be more dinosaur games out there (Turok Evolution didn't exactly highten my faith in "first person dinosaur shooting" games, and I'm not even going to mention Dinosaur Hunter...). Or better yet, a game where you play AS a dinosaur. Screw guns, I wanna cut my enemies in half and tear out their throats!
Jurassic Park for Sega Genesis...it was like two games, playing as Grant and a Velociraptor. That's what it's all about.
Old 03-10-05, 07:40 PM   #11
XP_GUN

Looks great so far, Jurassic park was my favorite movie of all time everything I had when I was 6 was Dinos, Almost collected all the toys from the first movie and still have them put away up high in the house.

I think friday Ill play trespasser just to try it again, I still remimber starting the game I thought I was a guy but when I looked down trying to pick up a rock I found out that I had titys
Old 03-10-05, 09:06 PM   #12
nrdstrm

Wasn't there to be a jurrasic park mod for the CryEngine? (Far Cry)....Anyone know if that is still going? If so, it will be interesting to see wich one turns out better..
Nrdstrm
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote