Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-27-05, 05:13 PM   #133
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Brothers in Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I can't even count how many times I ran out of ammo in a situation that should've required 5 shots max but ended up using 3 clips. It's ridiculous and they really, REALLY need to fix that.
I dont think that they will fix it . actually i think they did that on perpose .
1) to make the game harder & more realstic .. which means that not all of your shots hits the target accuratly usually .
2) to encourage you to use the flanking tactics & your sqauds more often . if hitting become accurate i believe that i will finish a whole mission without much use of my fire/assualt teams

either ways that still dont justify using this way of aiming because the player should have the final dissicion on how to play the game & how to use whats under his command .

grenades are even lamer . you only got a few & could easily lose them for nothing due to the poor aiming .

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com

Last edited by SH64; 03-27-05 at 05:47 PM.
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-05, 06:47 PM   #134
lunix

Send a message via MSN to lunix

I broke down and bought this one, probably out of bordom. I have to say Im impressed. Finally some new gaming concepts and while they do not run too deep, they are new. Aiming a gun now actually feels like your aiming a gun. None of that crappy random box that gets bigger the more you move. So if your into FPS like UT2004 you might not be so into this one but if your into WW2 and COD felt like, well UT2004 a little too much, you might like this one. HD2 fans might also liek this one.

It might not be a blockbuster hit that every one likes but I have a feeling that those who do like will really really like it. Thats my review.
Old 03-28-05, 01:53 AM   #135
svetli_pp

I abosolutely love this game. I think the chance of hiting a foe is very close to what would be if you fight for real. The realism is staggering. Gearbox have done a great job. All of you who complain about aiming I would advise to forget their habits built in playing all other FPSs and you will discover the beauty of BIA. Easily the best WWII game I've played. COD is my second favorite already. BIA is revolutionary in gameplay and graphics is wonderful. It's not Doom3 and I like it like that. It is very authentic looking. I like old movie cheat alot but I'm abit annoyed that I have to activate it every time new level is loaded.
svetli_pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 06:56 AM   #136
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

old movie cheat?
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 09:14 AM   #137
svetli_pp

It's not a real cheat actually. It desaturates the visuals so it looks very authentic. Have to complete the game in easy to unlock it. But unfortunately I have to activate it every time the game loads level. And cutscenes are also not affected and continue to be lush colored) But all of that does not deminish the BIA strengths.
svetli_pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 09:48 AM   #138
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by svetli_pp
I abosolutely love this game. I think the chance of hiting a foe is very close to what would be if you fight for real. The realism is staggering. Gearbox have done a great job. All of you who complain about aiming I would advise to forget their habits built in playing all other FPSs and you will discover the beauty of BIA. Easily the best WWII game I've played. COD is my second favorite already. BIA is revolutionary in gameplay and graphics is wonderful. It's not Doom3 and I like it like that. It is very authentic looking. I like old movie cheat alot but I'm abit annoyed that I have to activate it every time new level is loaded.
I have shotten rifles in person and the game is way off. Im sorry but I have missed shots on a fully exsposed person in the game when I shouldn't have. Its broken/crappy.
Old 03-28-05, 11:16 AM   #139
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Even at short distances the shots tend to miss ridiculously wether its a M1 rifle , tommy gun or BAR . the only weapon that shots accuratly is the sniper rifle .. thank god for that

i dont hate the game , but just hate this idea .. if i overlook it & the performance/graphics issues .. the game is so great & i'm really enjoying it .

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-05, 11:18 AM   #140
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

i agree. i like that game, and i want to like it more, but i dont like the aiming. it seems like that was made to be like that to enhance the suspense. "am i gonna hit him or not?" I hate that alot, cause as a player, i know i am a good shot, and i am supposed th be the main focus of the game. the AI isnt supposed to be better than me.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-05, 11:55 AM   #141
scott123

Umm...guess I will wait for COD II
Creative Xfi
Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01
scott123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-05, 10:55 AM   #142
Shocky

It looks like it could be a good game buts its spoiled byt crappy performance, (barely manages 22fps at 1280*960 which I think is pretty shocking with no AA) and the sound is really really BAD! Practically no surround sound at all which totally ruins it.
Shocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 10:45 PM   #143
Geordan

More screens anyone?

-Geordan
Geordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-05, 10:54 PM   #144
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocky
It looks like it could be a good game buts its spoiled byt crappy performance, (barely manages 22fps at 1280*960 which I think is pretty shocking with no AA) and the sound is really really BAD! Practically no surround sound at all which totally ruins it.
It runs great for me...what's your system like?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote