Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-17-05, 05:03 PM   #73
EatFresh

Default Re: Brothers in Arms

I love the game.. Singleplayer wasn't all I thought it would be, but MP is awesome and addictive as hell. The game also runs very well for me on all high settings, but I did tweak the bia.ini file some.

I think the game is a lot better than cod.
EatFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 05:06 PM   #74
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatFresh
I love the game.. Singleplayer wasn't all I thought it would be, but MP is awesome and addictive as hell. The game also runs very well for me on all high settings, but I did tweak the bia.ini file some.

I think the game is a lot better than cod.
in what way(s) did you tweak it?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 05:36 PM   #75
EatFresh

I did a search on ut2004 tweaking since it's the same engine, but a little modified i think.

I think the main tweak I did was changing

CacheSizeMegs=32

to

CacheSizeMegs=64

and I made UseTripleBuffering=True

My game runs fine.. (p4 3.06)(512mb corsair xms 3500 ram) (Ati 9800 pro 128mb)
EatFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 05:47 PM   #76
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

well gearbox ruined the halo port so no wonder this game sucks in the graphics department.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 05:49 PM   #77
superklye

But they did so much good with HL: OpFor... :-\
Old 03-18-05, 05:21 AM   #78
Aurthus

Played and beat the single player and spent a couple hours on multiplayer. To be honest, i'm still not sure how much i like/dislike the game... It's different. As an Fps its not very good, CoD is much better and much more fun. Gameplay also suffers imo, you start at one end of the map and progress a few feet and run into germans hiding behind fences, trucks, stone walls ect.. you then set one squad to also hide behind something and direct there fire at the enemy. Next you go around the house,wall,building ect.. and shoot them from the side. Rinse and repeat for entire game. It is fun that you live out a true story though, this makes it a bit fun expecially if you already know of the story (i've seen it on history channel years ago).

Its not like anything anyone has ever played.. you just can't compare it to cod/dod or any other fps. I do like it becouse it has a good story, because it is different, it does make you think on how to set up your squads in tough situations with multiple units of germans around. It's probably most comparable to full-spectreme warrior.. with less control of your squads and you get to actually play in first person with them.

Some things i hated were, you can see the german infront of you, his head and shoulders even above his cover in plain view. I could pop off 6 clips with my m1 directly on his chin and never even hit him... this was highly annoying.

Another problem i was quickly annoyed with was when you sent a squad to take cover behind a building ect.. then directed them to lay surpression fire on some enemy they would all just stand there and yell at me "that's imposable sarge" or "i can't see them from here". I found myself muttering, well move to the damn corner then you tards... There were other things i found annoying also but i'm tired lol

Multiplayer was diff, only 4 ppl per server. each control a few ai troops and can be somewhat fun. It's not something i will fire up everyday to play some rounds off though.

This game did not live up to my expectations, nor any of yours. It's really not that bad for what it is though. Many people judge a game by what they expect it should/would/could be and that's why they don't like BiA. Judging it for just what it is and meant to be, it's pretty good... Just different

sorry for spelling ect.. i'm really tired lol

Edit.. bah.. that was tough to read.. and i wrote it
A64 3500+ winnie : Ga-K8ns-939 mobo : Zalman 7000b-Cu Led Hs/F 24/35* idle/load : 2x512mb Mushkin pc3200 in Dc : Aspire 520W triple fan psu : Bfg 6800Gt Oc : 80gig Wd 7200 hdd : 2x Rosswell DL DvD+/-Rw : Saitek Gamers Keyboard : Logitech mx310 : 19" Envision CRT : Logitech Z3e : Aerocool Aeroengine-Jr Bk

Wifes Rig :: P4c 2.8 w/htt : Ecs mobo : 1Gig Ram : Leadtek A6200TD 8x1/3vp : 19" Envision Crt
Aurthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 08:35 AM   #79
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

I judged it based on its own merits. It wasn't for me. It's really not that fun. I was never a big fan of the Hidden & Dangerous series, which this reminded me of, so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm sure the multiplayer is interesting but this game is not worth $50 on the PC. Maybe it is on the X-Box, as consoles tend to alter the way a game feels and plays. But for the PC, this is an ugly, boring game. In my opinion.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 02:32 PM   #80
superklye

I started playing and eh...the graphics really do suck and that's killing the experience for me. I also despise not having a crosshair and the lack of control tuning for the mouse sensitivity sucks. What the hell does "5" mean and why is that the max and my mouse still feels like it's moving through molasses?

Old 03-18-05, 05:51 PM   #81
Xen

Well since I got the game I haven't stopped playing almost..

It's by far the greatest WO2 SP-game..anyone interested in wo2 will see that..

I must say: Don't stop playing in the beginning, the game gets much better after a few missions..

nice pic:

http://img239.exs.cx/img239/2531/brothersinarms9yy.jpg
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 07:12 PM   #82
superklye

I turned off HDR before I quit last time I played so hopefully that makes the game look better.

I still wish you could turn on the crosshair, though.

And what the hell is with having to restart the game every time you make a graphical change? Christ, that's annoying.
Old 03-18-05, 07:43 PM   #83
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I turned off HDR before I quit last time I played so hopefully that makes the game look better.

I still wish you could turn on the crosshair, though.

And what the hell is with having to restart the game every time you make a graphical change? Christ, that's annoying.
YOU CAN turn on the crosshair. I didn't have it when I started, I have it now after fiddling with options

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 07:52 PM   #84
superklye

really? Where was the option? I looked for it, but I couldn't find an option for it.