Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-18-05, 07:54 PM   #85
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Default Re: Brothers in Arms

No, it's not. It's not the best single player WW2 game. I love WW2 games and always been interested into the whole WW2 thing in real life, but this game is just plain bad IMO. Poor gameplay design. I don't see how this game is FUN.

If you want to talk about the best single player WW2, that alone goes to MoH:AA and MoH:Speahead. If you want to talk about multiplayer WW2, then that goes to BF1942 for w/ vehicles and CoD for deathmatch.

Gearbox has disappointed me once again.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 08:17 PM   #86
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
really? Where was the option? I looked for it, but I couldn't find an option for it.
In "gameplay options" from the options menu. I think. Whatever section is at the very bottom of the main "options" menu. Somewhere in there is a crosshair. I'll go check for the exact place. When you said no crosshairs I was worried when I got the game. But mines turned on now, so I know there is one

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 08:51 PM   #87
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
No, it's not. It's not the best single player WW2 game. I love WW2 games and always been interested into the whole WW2 thing in real life, but this game is just plain bad IMO. Poor gameplay design. I don't see how this game is FUN.

If you want to talk about the best single player WW2, that alone goes to MoH:AA and MoH:Speahead. If you want to talk about multiplayer WW2, then that goes to BF1942 for w/ vehicles and CoD for deathmatch.

Gearbox has disappointed me once again.

i would hae to agree that MOH is one of the unsung heros of the WW2 games
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 09:25 PM   #88
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev13dd
In "gameplay options" from the options menu. I think. Whatever section is at the very bottom of the main "options" menu. Somewhere in there is a crosshair. I'll go check for the exact place. When you said no crosshairs I was worried when I got the game. But mines turned on now, so I know there is one

K
yeah, I found it. I don't know why I didn't go to that menu in the first place.

On further playing, it's a fun, but hard game. The guns aren't very accurate, it's a HUGE pain because pretty much every gun has less than 10 rounds per clip so you're ALWAYS reloading.

The mouse sensitivity (or rather, lack thereof) is the only other thing that bothers me. It's just like FarCry...it feels like I'm moving it under water in slow-motion.

All in all though, I like it. Was it worth $50? Hell no, but that's the way things work sometimes. The soundtrack is killer, too.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 11:47 PM   #89
Lfctony

I really don't like the inaccuracy of the weapons. You keep missing guys that are 5 feet away from you. You aim at their chest and the bullet lands infront of them etc. I don't think it's even a match for CoD. I will give it some more time, though after speaking to a mate(been playing online games together for ages), I don't think it will become successful enough for Cyprus. We're still hoping for a local CoD server though.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 03:46 AM   #90
Aurthus

I think that after everyone has played this game will realize that my little review above was spot on I don't bias or fanboy anything... i tell it like it is period.
A64 3500+ winnie : Ga-K8ns-939 mobo : Zalman 7000b-Cu Led Hs/F 24/35* idle/load : 2x512mb Mushkin pc3200 in Dc : Aspire 520W triple fan psu : Bfg 6800Gt Oc : 80gig Wd 7200 hdd : 2x Rosswell DL DvD+/-Rw : Saitek Gamers Keyboard : Logitech mx310 : 19" Envision CRT : Logitech Z3e : Aerocool Aeroengine-Jr Bk

Wifes Rig :: P4c 2.8 w/htt : Ecs mobo : 1Gig Ram : Leadtek A6200TD 8x1/3vp : 19" Envision Crt
Aurthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 02:44 PM   #91
DMA
Zzzleepy

I decided to give the game another chance, and belive me, i was just as disappointed as some of you were. The game gets better, much better. After an hour or so it's starting to heat up.
I've learned how to lead the squad/tanks now too, and it's more fun that way. The gameplay is superb now and it's a lot of fun. Sure, the graphics ain't the best, but i don't even think about it any more.

I've also tweaked some settings in the bia.ini, so the game runs perfect now.
Old 03-19-05, 03:16 PM   #92
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMA
I decided to give the game another chance, and belive me, i was just as disappointed as some of you were. The game gets better, much better. After an hour or so it's starting to heat up.
I've learned how to lead the squad/tanks now too, and it's more fun that way. The gameplay is superb now and it's a lot of fun. Sure, the graphics ain't the best, but i don't even think about it any more.

I've also tweaked some settings in the bia.ini, so the game runs perfect now.
What were your tweaks?

With a system like yours I dunno why you'd have to tweak it anyways

K

EDIT: Btw, I don't know why you all say it was such a bad port. I say it's an excellent port. I mean, it could probably work on both systems! Look in the system folder:

SetupBiAXbox.int
SetupWarfareXboxShip.int
SetupWarfareXbox.int
SetupWargameXbox.int

And my favorite:

XboxLive.int

Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxLive.int
[Errors]
XONLINE_E_LOGON_KICKED_BY_DUPLICATE_LOGON="You were signed out of Xbox Live because another person signed in using your account."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_NO_NETWORK_CONNECTION="Your Xbox console cannot connect to Xbox Live. Press A to start the troubleshooter or B to cancel."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_CANNOT_ACCESS_SERVICE="Your Xbox console cannot connect to Xbox Live. Press A to start the troubleshooter or B to cancel."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_SERVERS_TOO_BUSY="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_FAILED="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_SERVICE_NOT_AUTHORIZED="An Xbox Live account limitation does not allow you to use this feature."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_SERVICE_TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE="T his game cannot be played online at this time. Please try again later."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_SERVICE_ERROR="This game cannot be played online at this time. Please try again later."
XONLINE_E_CREATE_SESSION_FAILED="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_S_LOGON_USER_HAS_MESSAGE="You have a new Xbox Live message. Press A to read now or B to read later."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_USER_ACCOUNT_REQUIRES_MANAGEMENT=" You have an important message from Xbox Live. You must read this message before you can sign in."
XONLINE_E_BAD_ARGS="Programmer too stupid."
XONLINE_E_BAD_QUERY="Bad query."
XONLINE_E_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND="This account is not current. Press A to continue."
XONLINE_E_GUEST_FAILED="Guest account sign in failed."
XONLINE_E_FRIENDS_LIST_ERROR="Friends list error."
XONLINE_E_OUT_OF_MEMORY="Out of memory."
XONLINE_E_TASK_BUSY="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_CONNECTION_LOST="Your Xbox console cannot connect to Xbox Live. Press A to start the troubleshooter or B to cancel."
XONLINE_E_LOGON_INVALID_USER="This account is not current. Press A to update the account in Account Recovery or B to cancel."
XONLINE_E_NOTIFICATION_LIST_FULL="Your friends list is full."
XONLINE_E_NOTIFICATION_USER_ALREADY_EXISTS="This player is already on your Friends List. Press A to continue."
XONLINE_BILLING_OFFERING_SERVICE="Billing service error."
XONLINE_FEEDBACK_SERVICE="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_MATCHMAKING_SERVICE="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_NICKNAME_VERIFICATION_SERVICE="Nickname verification service error."
XONLINE_STATISTICS_SERVICE="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
XONLINE_E_UNKNOWN_SERVICE="Unknown service error."
BAD_PASSCODE="The Pass Code you have entered is not correct. Please try again."
FRIEND_ACCEPT_CROSS_TITLE_INVITE_FAILED="This game session is no longer available. Press A to continue."
FRIEND_ACCEPT_FAILED="Unable to accept friend request."
FRIEND_CANCEL_FAILED="Unable to cancel friend request."
FRIEND_DECLINE_FAILED="Unable to decline friend request."
FRIEND_JOIN_FAILED="This game session is no longer available. Press A to continue."
FRIEND_REMOVE_FAILED="Unable to remove friend."
FRIEND_REQUEST_FAILED="You cannot send a new friend request."
FRIEND_BLOCK_FAILED="Unable to block requests from player."
FRIEND_INVITE_ACCEPT_FAILED="Unable to accept invite."
FRIEND_INVITE_CANCEL_FAILED="Unable to cancel invite."
FRIEND_INVITE_DECLINE_FAILED="Unable to decline invite."
FRIEND_INVITE_SEND_FAILED="Unable to send invite."
PLAYER_MUTE_FAILED="Unable to mute player."
PLAYER_UNMUTE_FAILED="Unable to unmute player."
PLAYER_SEND_FEEDBACK_FAILED="Unable to send feedback."
STATS_ERROR="The Xbox Live service is very busy. Please try again later."
MATCHMAKING_QUERY_FAILED="Matchmaking query failed."

WARNING_BAD_NETWORK="Network conditions may affect this game. Press A to play or B to quit."
WARNING_LOST_CONTROLLER="Please reconnect the controller to port %d."
WARNING_LOST_CONTROLLER_ANY="Please reconnect the controller to any controller port and press START to continue."
WARNING_LOST_CONTROLLER_START="Please reconnect the controller to port %d and press START to continue."
WARNING_LOST_CONTROLLER_SERVER="Please reconnect the controller to port %d."
WARNING_LOST_LINK="The system link cable might be disconnected. Please check the cable and try again."

ERROR_CORRUPT_CONTENT="%s appears to be damaged and cannot be used. Press A to continue."
WARNING_MAX_PROFILES="You have reached the maximum saved games for Brothers in Arms. You must delete some saved games before you can save more games."
WARNING_LOW_STORAGE="Your Xbox doesn't have enough free blocks to save games. You need to free %d more blocks."
WARNING_LOW_STORAGE_A="Press A to free some blocks."
WARNING_LOW_STORAGE_AB="Press A to free some blocks or B to cancel."

VOICE_BANNED_FEATURE_UNAVAILABLE="An Xbox Live account limitation does not allow you to use this feature."
And bia.ini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bia.ini
[XboxDrv.XboxClient]
TextureDetail=Medium
SkinDetail=Medium
LightmapDetail=High
TextureMinLOD=6
TextureMaxLOD=9
Brightness=0.5
Contrast=0.5
Gamma=1.0
NoFractalAnim=True

[XBoxAudio.XBoxAudioSubsystem]
ReverseStereo=False
Channels=192
MusicVolume=1.0
SoundVolume=1.0
AmbientFactor=1.0
UsePrecache=True

Last edited by kev13dd; 03-19-05 at 03:47 PM.
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-05, 05:48 PM   #93
Connaught

I can just see gearboxes reply when people ask them about that....

"Yes BiA PC and BiA Xbox were produced seperatly...we just....ummmm....hhmmmm...wanted to huh...create the same...ahhh....create the same system file to....huh...save....yea...create the same system file to save space. Yes thats it!!
We used the same system file to save space you see, 1kb of data is a lot when you think of a thousand computers...by creating the same system file for the xbox and pc version we saved over 1mb of data...thats about 1/20000th of your average harddrive."
Connaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 07:44 PM   #94
Xen

Just finished it..and I now officialy decleare this game the best WW2-game I've played by far..

VERY impressed..but I gotta say the first missions didn't represent the whole game.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 08:48 AM   #95
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well, I also decided to give the game another shot. So I played it for a while last night, and well...it's pretty awesome. So I guess I changed my mind. It really doesn't even look that bad. The first few missions just really suck, is all.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-05, 09:55 AM   #96
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Looks like i will have to wait for the demo cuz i cant afford to waste 30 right now as you guys have put doubts in my mind.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote