Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-04-06, 08:56 PM   #25
kkubasik

Default Re: Nvidia drivers incompatible with Ndiswrapper

Has anyone had any luck with this? I'm having the same issue.
kkubasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-06, 05:30 PM   #26
chevrier

I also recommend this web site:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/57355
but you have found it. It seems more active!
chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 02:03 AM   #27
chevrier

I have now evidence that lots of stupidities are being said by people who think they know it. Here is the evidence:

It was not working under linux 32 bits - nvidia driver + ndiswrapper.
It is working under Windows 32 bits - nvidia driver
it is working under linux 64 bits - nvidia driver.

So clearly, it can't be a bios issue. Now clearly, it can't be a kernel issue either, since I compiled myself twice the 2.6.18 kernels for both 32 and 64 bits. if it was a kernel issue, then how could one work, and not hte other? Maybe I am not seeing something - that's alwyas a highly likely possibility, and I am very much open minded about being shown that I am wrong, if given the right evidence.

My experience with it people is that they always blame their incompetence on everything else - instead of admittiing it's a software problem, it's always the hardware, or the kernel, or the bios - always something else.... why can't they just focus on their work?

Sorry for the ranting - I am just exceedingly annoyed with the huge amount of time wasted, and the frustrations generated by "it's not software, it's the bios / kernel"...

rgds

Thomas
chevrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-07, 04:19 PM   #28
markybob

Glad to report that the incompatibility is fixed with 2.6.20rc3 and ndiswrapper 1.34-rc2. Thank God, no more freezes :-)
markybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 11:58 AM   #29
seanyseansean

Quote:
Originally Posted by markybob
Glad to report that the incompatibility is fixed with 2.6.20rc3 and ndiswrapper 1.34-rc2. Thank God, no more freezes :-)
Like lnxtech about I have a problem with my wireless card using ndiswrapper locks up - in my case when I try to connect to an access point (after entering the wep passphrase). This only happens when using the nvidia driver.

Does this mean that upgrading my ndiswrapper will fix this?
seanyseansean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 06:40 PM   #30
tyn

I can confirm this problem with a hp6132eu laptop (Amd turion64x2/nvidia MCP51/Geforce go 6150 based) with a broadcom pci express card (14E4:4311) using the latest windows drivers from the hp website (code sp33008). The distro i am using is Suse 10.2 AMD64 with kernel version 2.6.18.2-34-default, the kernel supplied in the distro.

Ndiswrapper 1.34 was compiled from the source on the sourceforge website against the suse kernel sources, installed, loaded the driver, modprobed etc.

When no nvidia driver is installed, wireless runs fine using the networkmanager applet installed with suse.

When the nvidia driver (9746) is installed, using the nvidia installer method, the ndiswrapper driver dies on boot, suggesting something about irq and no wireless connectivity is established. However the nvidia driver loads and functions under both x.org and xgl.

Unfortunately i'm too slow to read and too n00b to know where the log files are found, but i will try to dig up the exact warnings asap.

Hopefully next kernelpatch/ndiswrapper release

P.S.
Little bit off-topic, but the installation method of the nvidia drivers using yast, seems to crash the x-server, maybe an older version not supporting the geforce go 6150?

**update**
Ndiswrapper works after a reinstall of the nvidia driver

Last edited by tyn; 01-09-07 at 12:51 PM.
tyn is offline   Reply With Quote