Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-05, 09:13 PM   #109
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: "Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory" Feedback Thread

I never understand the problem with that... what Xbox Live capabilities? You can play online for PC too... and you don't even have to pay extra for the crappy Live fee. And seriously... joysticks are TERRIBLE for Splinter Cell games... I played through the first game on Xbox when it first came out... and then when the PC version came out I realized how much better it was... looks and plays a million times better. Been buying it for PC since .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-05, 10:26 PM   #110
superklye

consoles suck for everything except racing and platform/sidescrolling games. FPS or RTS? Worst ideas ever.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 12:42 AM   #111
superklye

Sorry if this was asked already, but why can't you use AA with SM 3.0? The demo allowed it.
Old 04-06-05, 05:23 AM   #112
Knot3D

Well, the demo had the placebo effect ; the menu showed AA option to enable it but Ubi stated it wasn't yet greyed out if you had picked HDR in the demo.
In other words ; you were seeing AA in the HDR demo which wasn't really there.

the fp16 blending and AA just won't work together, regardless what kinda videocard.
Old 04-06-05, 10:09 AM   #113
superklye

I didn't even realize there WAS HDR...

That game is too dark.
Old 04-06-05, 11:38 AM   #114
Brimstone7

The Xbox live capabilities I was referring to are multiplayer modes that actually work (i.e. no problems creating or joining games), microphone support (I don't have a good one for the PC) and more multiplayer games to choose from. I realize PC games can do network gaming but they're just something satisfying about the way the Xbox makes it virtually idiot proof.

Also, I figured the Xbox controller would be better because it has analog support. It's also more comfortable for me to lay back on my bed an play console games than to sit in front of the computer to play.

In any event, I think both Bestbuy and CompUSA are having sales so I guess now's the time to go pick one up.
Brimstone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-05, 12:35 PM   #115
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

From what I am reading... there are just as many issues with Xbox multiplayer on SCCT as the PC version.
Old 04-06-05, 12:57 PM   #116
oldsk00l

I will probably NEVER seriously get into xbox live, because I seldom got into online gaming at all in the first place.

With this in mind, the xbox version of this game absolutely rocks. They are not that different from the PC version.

In fact, if you try to take a shot of the xbox version, you could pass it off as a shot from an xbox 2 game.

Old 04-06-05, 02:56 PM   #117
acdx

By the way, I find Seoul 2 pretty annoying. The mini-helicopters drive me crazy. It would be nice if you could actually shoot them down but no. I'm hoping to get through the level as quickly as possible...
Old 04-06-05, 04:15 PM   #118
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

You can shoot them down... Use the 20mm sniper rifle attachment ... not sure if the shotgun works.

I just got through going through that level again and for some reason even though I did it perfectly (on the stats screen)... I only got 97% .
Old 04-06-05, 11:17 PM   #119
acdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
You can shoot them down... Use the 20mm sniper rifle attachment ... not sure if the shotgun works.

I just got through going through that level again and for some reason even though I did it perfectly (on the stats screen)... I only got 97% .
Oh, I didn't know sam had the sniper attachment in that mission. Kinda weird also that the shotgun has no effect on them, but the sniper has.

Anyway, I gotta try that, thanks..

And by the way, doesn't time affect your mission score? What if you were too slow

EDIT: Huh? He didn't have the sniper attachment then.. I got through the mission now anyway.

Last edited by acdx; 04-07-05 at 02:25 PM.
acdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-05, 12:20 AM   #120
superklye

I frickin' love this game. I'm on Cargo ship now, only the second level, but close to finishing it, I hope...man, this game is so much fun! Sneaking around and knifing guys is just a blast! And I can't get over how good the graphics are!