Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-07-05, 07:24 AM   #1
ChrisRay

Default EQ 2 Expansion Pack and EQ 2 Adventure Pack announced

Quote:
About EverQuest II Desert of Flames

EverQuest II is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world where thousands of players come together for adventure and community. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful game world to explore, as well as voices for almost all non-player characters, EverQuest II sets new standards in gameplay and immersion. Desert of Flames is the first expansion pack for EverQuest II.

The salt flats, mesas, spires and dunes in EverQuest II Desert of Flames provide the backdrop for exciting new adventures that will tell the tales of the people and creatures found in the Desert of Ro. Players of all classes can collect new creatures and pit them against each other in special arenas in the newly discovered city of Maj'Dul. Rather than watching the battle from the sidelines, players become the champion, slinging spells and wielding weapons in a variety of combat scenarios. Player characters can also take their chances against these fearsome creatures, or even challenge other players in battles for fame and glory. For the first time in an MMO, players will be able to scramble up crumbling cliffs in search of treasure and adventure in thrilling new zones all set within this colorful Arabian Nights theme. With new epic encounters designed for levels 45 and up, and the rumor of fearsome twin metallic dragons, there are plenty of exciting new activities for everyone to enjoy in EverQuest II Desert of Flames.

Key Features
Arena champions: Take the form of new exotic creatures, or fight as yourself, in battles for glory against other creatures or players.
New movement: Search for treasure and find adventure in new areas by climbing up and down walls for the first time in an MMO.
Voice-over emotes: Express yourself in a battle or expand your social circle with new voice emotes.
Guild vaults: Share the loot of a hard won battle with the rest of your guild members.
Level range increase: Now play up to level 60!
New land: Discover over a dozen new zones and epic encounters.
New creatures: Test your combat skills in battles with over 40 new fearsome creatures.

About EverQuest II The Splitpaw Saga

In The Splitpaw Saga, players will explore the collapsed caverns and twisted tunnels of Sundered Splitpaw. Throughout this adventure, the truth behind the dungeon's mysterious demise is uncovered by using moveable planks, crates and barrels to work through a series of intriguing event-based zones. A ferocious clan of cannibalistic gnolls will stand in the way as players seek to destroy the greatest threat yet in Norrath's new history. Experience the adventure right away and meet new challenges a second time around since the encounters scale dynamically to match your level. The Splitpaw Sagas is a unique adventure pack with an exciting storyline and plenty of action that solo players, groups, raids can enjoy for months to come.

Pre-order Features
Unlock the mysterious abductions of surface dwellers with the use of a glowing crystal shard that will increase in power as you progress through the adventure.
Gain access to your own solo instance and earn rewards before the full adventure begins.

Key Features
Two new dungeons with twelve additional instanced zones.
Event-based adventure that takes you through 12 different solo, group and raid instances surrounding the story of Splitpaw.
A variety of new creatures to encounter.
Dozens of new scenario-based quests that take you right into the action.
Dozens of new tradeskill recipes.
Moveable Objects: Freely move crates, planks, and barrels to solve puzzles and move through the rubble-strewn caverns.
Interactive Environments: Chop your way through barriers and use exploding barrels to destroy enemies or blast your way through tunnels.
Dynamic Content: Your foes scale to match your level! Face the dangers that Sundered Splitpaw presents all the way from level 20 to level 50.
To be honest. The Adventure Pack looks more exciting than the expansion pack. But maybe thats because I am on station access and get it for free now. :P
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-05, 08:09 AM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: EQ 2 Expansion Pack and EQ 2 Adventure Pack announced

Im so glad I quit, I hated the Desert of Ro in EQ1 and they decided to bring it back... why not Fayadar or Kunark? Hell would even take the Karana's...
Old 05-07-05, 08:38 AM   #3
ChrisRay

Your irritated by the land mass they chose to implement? 0_0 Desert of Ro does have some neat things in it. Probably lots of orcs and the Takish Hiz City as well. I dont care what the theme is. So long as its consistent and the content is good.
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members
Old 05-07-05, 11:46 AM   #4
Elderblaze

Haha holy crap magus, the EQ2 Pope, fanatic fanboy elite God of all that is EQ2 quit? When did this happen, report back with the nitty gritty!

P.S. the EQ1 re-balencing is going quite nicely, Next patch mages are losing the long re-cast delays between pet heals! Woot woot!
Elderblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-05, 12:23 PM   #5
|MaguS|

Look at past threads... I made plenty of posts on the matter but its basically because of the Exchange crap. I still love the game and hate leaving it behind, I found it to be the best current MMORPG but I wont put up with being stabbed in the back (playing WoW now).
Old 05-07-05, 04:54 PM   #6
nrdstrm

I'm still loving the game! The post 40 Content is great, and I'm really glad to see them on an aggressive release schedule with content (patches, adventure packs, expansions)...Basic Battle Field PVP, House Vaults....Seems SOE is really listening to the player base this time...I hope to be able to see the expansion at E3 and I'll try to come back with a full report/pics if I'm able to get into the private booth like last year...
Nrdstrm
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-05, 11:31 PM   #7
ChrisRay

I dunno. Quitting over station exchange seems a bit much too me. Specially since its not forced on your server. I dont agree with it. And I think it will divide the community. But I dont see my online friends going to such a shotty service anyway. When I quit WoW. It was because I couldnt play the game half the time due to the service being down.

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

Old 05-08-05, 03:22 AM   #8
Elderblaze

There are many reasons to quit the steaming pile that is EQ2 it's good you finally saw the light. If you truely loved the game as much as you claim you probably wouldent have left for excahnge, im sure there where other nagging issues that drove you away as well. for example EQ2 sucks a fat one, that really drove me off quick.

Old 05-08-05, 05:51 AM   #9
Sgt_Pitt

nah i love the game, still going strong at lvl 48, looking forward to then expansions.
Old 05-08-05, 07:00 AM   #10
|MaguS|

I love the game and still actually have teh account and game (was planning on selling it but couldn't find the heart), I found nothing really wrong with the game. Its alot better then WoW... Just don't agree with the bull**** called Exchange. Yes for me thats a perfect reason to leave... I don't like supporting a company that would so easily dump its integrity and morals for a quick buck.

Before you say every company would/does that then read the comments on the Exchange by rival developers, many (about all) think its sickening, especially the big players Mythic, Sigil, Blizzard and Turbine. As soon as Vangaurds releases I will be moving to it, WoW is just a time killer for me to play with some of my friends (would play Lineage 2 but its too hard to start from the beginning now).
Old 05-08-05, 02:47 PM   #11
Elderblaze

Well at least you stand up for what you beleive in. Though all those companies who say i'ts sickening now are probably already finding ways to develop it into their next MMO or their current MMO, especially if it does really well. I promise you it won't end with EQ. Im really looking forward to Vanguard too
Old 05-09-05, 08:49 AM   #12
Ghosthunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRay
I dunno. Quitting over station exchange seems a bit much too me. Specially since its not forced on your server. I dont agree with it. And I think it will divide the community. But I dont see my online friends going to such a shotty service anyway. When I quit WoW. It was because I couldnt play the game half the time due to the service being down.
I agree I was a bit pisst off at first, and was not sure how i would feel if my server became enabled..but was going to let it play out...

I am having fun with friends in the game and I think the game is superb
G.Skill 16 GB Ram DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 680 SC
Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
2x Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM SATA HD103SJ
WD SE16 7200 RPM SATA 640 GB
SAMSUNG 22X SATA DVD Burner
CORSAIR 750TX PSU
LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B
Asus 25 inch VE258Q
Win7x64
Ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote