Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-03-05, 10:05 AM   #1
kevingpo

Default Help:

I have a Toshiba Satellite SA24xx series. It contains a nVidia GeForce 420 Go (it says it's Microsoft Corporation in Device Manager!?). I use to download the nVidia GeForce driver pack from www.nvidia.com and it works. I remember the driver pack gave me additional Display properties such as TV-out functionality. I had it outputting to my TV in the past.

Now, today, I don't get the TV-out display property. Plus the strange thing is that the latest nVidia GeForce driver pack I download from www.nvidia.com doesn't work on my laptop anymore. It says the display device wasn't found on my system.

Plus my highest resolution is set at 969x768 (instead of 1024x768).

Does someone know why my nvidia drivers are not working, why I can't get TV-out, and why my resolution highest is 969x768?
kevingpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 10:56 AM   #2
kevingpo

Default Re: Help:

I just found out that nVidia GeForce drivers versions 6x, 7x, etc don't work for GeForce Go (laptop GeForce). However I manage to dig up really old drivers such as 53.03_winxp2k_english_whql.exe and they work (recognise my GeForce). But the graphics performance has dropped dramatically and I still don't get TV-out options

I shall hunt down GeForce Go drivers specifically for laptops....
kevingpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-05, 10:59 AM   #3
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Default Re: Help:

The drivers from NVIDIA's site do not support the mobile chipsets. When you "installed" them they did not work. If you want to use recent drivers, you need to download them from www.laptopvideo2go.com as the site author has modified the .inf files to make them compatible.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote