Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-05, 05:39 AM   #1
ecogt

Default Tv-out still not working with the new 7174 driver!

I've had problems for a long wile with getting the tv-out on my Ti4200 to work. Everything works fine until i try to turn off the X server, then the screen goes black and the computer hangs.

I really thought the problem was going to be solved in the new version of the driver (everybody I'e talked to blames the nvidia driver) but it remains with the exakt same bug.

So my questions now is: Is there any way to work around this problem yet? Do nvidia even know about this bug, and if they do, are they trying to solve it?

I hope someone have som answers because I'm tired of waiting! I want to use my tv-out now!
ecogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 06:14 AM   #2
publicite

Default Re: Tv-out still not working with the new 7174 driver!

You can send your bug description to : linux-bugs@nvidia.com
publicite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-05, 08:47 AM   #3
jechkaar

I had the exact same problem, and i fixed it without trying, while trying to fix my tv-out....

Now everything is working perfectly, exept i have to use xinerama for my dual screen (crt+tv) because i cant seem to make it work with twinview, or just with tv-out info...

If you want to compare your xorg.conf (seem to be the cause of the problem) you can always look in my previous post ("Do display outside of X")
jechkaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-05, 05:35 PM   #4
ecogt

ive solved the problem using two xservers and just being able to use one at a time... that wasnt really what i wanted but it will due.

though, i have more problems. it start the extra xserver and it shows up on the tv. everything works fine but when i switch back to my usual xserver with crtl+alt+f7 something wierd happens, i cant start any new x apps in fluxbox. if i switch again to the tv-xserver everything works fine again but not in the xserver showing on the CRT.

how to solve this? i dont know if you ever had the same problem or if its fluxbox causing the fault.
ecogt is offline   Reply With Quote