Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-08-05, 04:48 PM   #1
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Lightbulb X: Reunion

Anyone interested in X ??

Quote:
During the creation of X: The Return, it became apparent to EGOSOFT that the expansion pack had taken on a life of its own. With so many ideas from the fan community, waiting to be implemented into an already crowded expansion game and development of the X engine moving at a rapid pace behind the scenes, the conception of a full, stand alone game became the logical choice.

X: Reunion utilises a new generation game engine, developed to immerse the player into the most realistic, living universe, ever experienced. Extensive development has gone into the X engine, making full use of DirectX 9 technology, to create dramatic visual effects and stunningly realistic starships. The economy model in X: Reunion is more complex than any previous X game. Coupled with the massively enhanced A.L. (Artificial Life) system, X: Reunion will present players with an ever changing, evolving universe; where a players actions really can shape the future of the universe. Community involvement has been extensive, throughout the development process and the launch of X: Reunion will see many innovative fan creations in the final retail game. X: Reunion will also be the first chance for players to experience the thrills of deep space trading on a format other than PC, with the launch of a console version (TBA).
http://www.worthplaying.com/article....thread&order=0

i had different experiance with X1 than X2.
i very much liked X1 & got into it pretty quickly .. however something in X2 turned me off .. maybe its the performance issues ot that i simply got excited over other games & forgot about it.
anyway i hope X3 brings new conecpts & better graphics & more enhancmebts to the interface becuase it was complicated in the previous games which looks like to be in EGOSOFT's plan already.
Quote:
# Graphic engine:

* We plan to greatly improve the visual look of the X universe. Our new completely Direct X 9 based graphic engine will allow much higher detailed objects and usage of shaders for special effects.

# User Interface:

* The user interface is another important reason for the move towards X:Reunion. As you may have read in some interviews already, we have been experimenting with new menus and innovative ways to control the game. Many of these concepts however would not have been possible inside the X: The Return framework. Everything would have had to remain compatible with the ways of X.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 06:25 PM   #2
Riptide

Default Re: X: Reunion

I'm interested. I played X1 and liked it a lot. I never got into X2 though, but that's because I didn't give it a chance. The rolling demo played fine on my PC though.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 10:12 PM   #3
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Sounds interesting. I played X1 for a little while, and just bought X2 a few days ago, so it would be neat seeing an X3. They're interesting types of games, although there's just something about them that makes it feel overwhelming. I'm actually surprised that they sell well enough that they can make sequels/expansions to them though, it really seems like a niche game series.
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 01:33 PM   #4
RoachMojo
Who...who are you..?

I played X2 fanatically until I finally lost interest. However, by then I had a number of capital ships and nearly fifty production facilities making me cash. It was an awesome game while it held my interest.
Coolermaster ATC-210-VX1 case w/ Rosewill 850W PSU | Q9650@3.6Ghz w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED | eVga 780i BIOS P10 w/ 4GB OCZ Platinum PC8500 | 3-WD 640GB + External WD 1TB + Lite On 12x Blu-ray Burner | eVga Geforce GTX470 SC w/ Sony 60EX700 HDTV | Nvidia HD Audio on Denon 1909 5.1 and Polk Speakers | Dual Booting XP Professional SP3 and Windows 7 Enterprise X64
RoachMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-05, 11:39 PM   #5
moshpit

I'm STILL playing X2 and loving it! Of course I'm using Harlock's Top Gun mod and quite a few of the Xai corp and combat AI scripts to improve on functionality and flexability with my ships. At this point, I'm loving the hell outta having several Sovereign class (think Enterprise E style) capitol ships with several squadrons of X-shuttles being used as space superiority fighters. And then, stacked on top of that are several race war scripts and a Khaak invasion script that keep the game hopping, well after I've beaten the story-line itself. I checked out X and found it boring and lame for decent mods. X2 has WAY better mods that make the game almost a different game altogether then what comes outta the box, and turns it into a wanna-be fleet commander's wet dream!

Performance-wise, it runs like a bat outta hell with all graphics options, shadows included, and auto-quality off, then stack 4xAA, 8xAF on top of that at my LCD's natice 1280x1024 and it runs freaking awsomely! Your bad performance experiences are most often due to ATI hardware playing this game. My old 9800XT could barely run it comfortably at 1024x768 with no AA/AF and several graphics option turned off. And graphics were buggy as hell the whole time. Since moving to my 6800GT tho, this game has become butter smooth and simply gorgeous graphicly. I think this is the only game I've played in a long time that's REALLY serious about that "Nvidia, the way it's meant to be played" logo at the begining. The dummys who coded it HAD to of f'd SOMETHING up for a DirectX game to prefer Nvidia over ATI the way this one seems to, very weird stuff...
PNY Geforce 6800GT 256mb (OC 400/1.1Ghz)
2x 74Gb WD Raptor 10k RPM (RAID 0)
Plextor 708A DVD+/-RW
Aspire 520watt PSU
Thermaltake VM2000A Lanfire midtower
Windows XP Pro (SP-1) All drivers current (using XG 76.41 Forceware)
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote