Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-12-05, 07:49 PM   #25
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty
Default Re: CoD2 info

No, looks like CS de_dust2. 1st shot is litterally spitting image looking down long A from T's side.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 09:39 PM   #26
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Quote:
Bingo. Somebody got it finally. That's why I wanted CoD2 to be on the D3 engine. The D3 engine is to this date one of the most bug-free engines I've ever seen. EA is known for making sh|t engines *cough* PA *cough*.
But this ISN'T an EA game. You fail to see the big image. The guys behind Infinity Ward are really the guys who brought us original MOH:AA which was an extremely good online game, just like COD. The guys behind MOH:PA were not consisting of the best/original guys from MOH:AA. Infinity Ward knows what they're doing.

If all you have to say is "meh, they should've used X engine" or "they dont look impressive" or "CoD had ok graphics, this just looks decent", then you clearly didn't actually get into the original Call of Duty and the expansion and should probably go play something else.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 11:40 PM   #27
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
If all you have to say is "meh, they should've used X engine" or "they dont look impressive" or "CoD had ok graphics, this just looks decent", then you clearly didn't actually get into the original Call of Duty and the expansion and should probably go play something else.
Well that's a completely idiotic statement isn't it? You remind me of all those gameboy asshats who would make us believe that grahpics don't amount to much. Who said great grahpics were mutually exclusive to awesome gameplay anyways? Why the frak are so against having both?

And why are you speaking about CoD as if it were a religious experience? Get into? WTF is wrong with you? It's a game, an FPS at that, you move, you shoot, big fraking deal.

Clearly, if you don't hold much stock in graphics, then you didn't actually get into the FPS genre and should probabley go play something else.

Well I'm done now, you can go back to beating off at the IW logo.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 06:53 PM   #28
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Uhm, ok, thanks for getting all mad at me.. I guess that's what means arguing with others on the forum, calling me an idiot and all. Thanks for insulting me and all.

Seems to me more that like you have a problem with others if you don't get it. You obviously didn't get it, so my point was that you didn't get into CoD. So you didn't get into it, too bad. There's no need to say bad things about the game like "meh they should've used x engine" and go all crazy and insult me.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 07:36 PM   #29
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Uhm, ok, thanks for getting all mad at me.. I guess that's what means arguing with others on the forum, calling me an idiot and all. Thanks for insulting me and all.
Rimshot. I said you made an idiotic statement, didn't say you were an idiot. Panties =! Bunch.

Quote:
Seems to me more that like you have a problem with others if you don't get it. You obviously didn't get it, so my point was that you didn't get into CoD. So you didn't get into it, too bad.
WTH? If you removed the phrases didn't get it from that mess you'd be left with 3 periods, 4 commas, and a The.

Quote:
There's no need to say bad things about the game like "meh they should've used x engine" and go all crazy and insult me.
What can I say, it's a condition.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-05, 04:01 AM   #30
FraGTastiK
'

Computer and Videogame Preview EDIT:broken or removed?!

it was there a while back btw

Last edited by FraGTastiK; 04-17-05 at 07:18 AM.
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-05, 06:29 AM   #31
|MaguS|

Gamespy Preview

Quote:
What struck us most about the level, however, was the amount of freedom available to proceed in different ways. You may have four different objectives on a level, but you'll often be free to pick the order, which can affect how the mission plays out. "There's still objectives, you'll still be told what you have to do," says Zampella. "You can now do objectives out of order, and there are multiple pathways through a level. If it's a town, it feels like a town, not just a hallway."
Quote:
Another cool aspect of our demo was the fact that the battlefield seemed so much more damaged than what we're used to in other games. In most shooters, bodies fade after a while, fires go out and bullet holes vanish, all for legitimate technological reasons. After a few minutes in Call of Duty 2, however, the battlefield seemed positively wrecked. Once the battle was over, fires continued to burn and smoke filtered across the area. It didn't look like some magical cleanup crew had come through and picked up the mess; the area looked like it had been through a war, which was appropriate.
Looking good in my book!