Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-05, 07:09 AM   #1
emailthatguy

Default Planetside 7 day Trial

The 7 day free trial has been opened up again for anyone who wants to sample the game, or if you're an ex player and want to see the changes that have been made. You will need to make a new SOE station name - you cant use this offer with old characters if you've played PlanetSide before.

Whats PlanetSide? Watch this video http://www.marcopolo.me.uk/PSMovies/PS_AD_LARGE.wmv

Get hold of a free 7 day trial CD key from http://cmt.ubisoft.fr/planetside_pcgamer/

And a complete download (1.6gb!!) using this installer http://www.marcopolo.me.uk/psinstall.exe

You'll find an great FAQ about this trial and PlanetSide here http://www.marcopolo.me.uk/PSFAQ.html

PlanetSide seems to have turned a corner over the past few months - it's become a whole lot of fun again!

Enjoy.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
emailthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 07:44 AM   #2
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Default Re: Planetside 7 day Trial

Hmm, I'll have to check this game out again. I had a bunch of trials back a few years ago (and when they first did it, you could enter multiple 7-day trial codes into the same account and keep extending your playtime ). Since I just got my new computer working, this would be a good game to play again to see how much better it is, I remember Planetside was an absolute memory hog and really chugged at time on my old computer. I just wish I could find my old account so that if I decide to start playing the game again with a pay account I could use my good characters...
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 06:58 PM   #3
aaahhh52
gahboo?

Send a message via AIM to aaahhh52

Hmm thanks for the head up, downloading right now. This game anygood? Ive never really entertained the idea of paying monthly for a game until i played the matrix online, is this as fun as ive heard some people say? Or is it as bad as ive heard other people say?

New Pc:
Gigabye k8n-SLI NF4
AMD x2 4600+
Evga 7900gs 256mb
1gb pc 3200
160gb SATA II
aaahhh52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 07:10 PM   #4
FierceDeityLink

Send a message via AIM to FierceDeityLink Send a message via MSN to FierceDeityLink Send a message via Yahoo to FierceDeityLink

Eh... I liked it better when they didn't cancel the 7-day trials. I was able to play for about a month. Although, I didn't really enjoy it... The Station update thing wouldn't work with my Smoothwall router...
Old 04-15-05, 08:27 PM   #5
1337_Like_ThaT
O.U.T.L.A.W.

Thansk for the heads Up. Ive heard this is like UT2k4 but in a role playing game. I want to try this trial as soon as I get home so can't wait, hopefully someone will make a crack to bypass the 7-day trial period

Gaming Rig
Inte Core 2 Duo 6700 @ 3.2ghz | EVGA nForce 680i | G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.0v | Western Digital RaptorX 150GB | Western Digital 500GB SATA II | EVGA 8800GTS 512MB | Plextor PX-716SA DVD-RW | Plextor PX-755SA DVD-RW DL | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 | Antec 900 BLK | Dell FPW 2005 20.1" WS | IceMat 2nd. Ed. MousePad | Logitech G15 | Logitech G9 |

160GB (60GB) PS3 Owner | DS3 Controllers | PSN: Res215dg
PSP 3000 Black + 16GB Memory Stick Duo *Locked and Ready for Resistance Retribution*
1337_Like_ThaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 10:15 PM   #6
emailthatguy

this game isnt like an rpg at all. yes you gain experience by getting kills and base captures but this allows you to get more cert points to use for abilities.

abilities like....

fly a gunship

drive a tank

become a predator like cloaker that can enemies with stealth

a bomber

a combat engineer able to place mines, gun turrets, or remote control mines

a medic

heavy infantry

or pilot a battle frame robot

This is more of a persistant war than anything else, think something like halo meets battlefield 1942 on a map you can literally fight hundreds of people on at the same time.
No more ati | Athlon64 X2 6000+ Black | Asrock Mobo | 4GB RAM | 250 GB Maxtor Sata | Soundblaster X-fi XtremeGamer | EVGA 8800 GTS | HP w1907 Monitor | Logitech Z-680 Speakers | Audiovox PNP3 Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner | Sidewinder Mouse| Vista Home Premium | Logitech G15 Keyboard
Old 04-15-05, 10:28 PM   #7
aaahhh52
gahboo?

Send a message via AIM to aaahhh52

Yeah, while i still dont fully understand what the hell im doing, i did get into some absolutely intense battles, crazy. Im liking so far, but what is the combat core expansion? at least i think thats what its called, it keeps telling me i need that to get the bfr ability

New Pc:
Gigabye k8n-SLI NF4
AMD x2 4600+
Evga 7900gs 256mb
1gb pc 3200
160gb SATA II
aaahhh52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-05, 10:49 PM   #8
emailthatguy

before i get ahead of myself let me explain what the core is.

basically they are huge close combat battlefields in caverns. pretty intense stuff.

yes you need the expansion to get bfr's and to do that, you have to earn them

I forget how many kills in the core gets you the imprint ability but if you look on your character info in game it should say there. then you can go to the core itself, have yourself imprinted, and then you can get the gunner variant bfr.

To get the badass flight variant you need first 100 kills in your bfr, then after that you need 7 kills in a row without dying, something that isnt easy to do as the one weakness the bfr has is infantry. you should ALWAYS keep jammer grenades on you as if you are ever jumped by one of those beasts, pop a jammer on them, pop out a decimator. 4 hits takes it completely down.

Old 04-16-05, 08:47 AM   #9
iwbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Hmm, I'll have to check this game out again. I had a bunch of trials back a few years ago (and when they first did it, you could enter multiple 7-day trial codes into the same account and keep extending your playtime ). Since I just got my new computer working, this would be a good game to play again to see how much better it is, I remember Planetside was an absolute memory hog and really chugged at time on my old computer. I just wish I could find my old account so that if I decide to start playing the game again with a pay account I could use my good characters...
Hehe I used that7 days trail trick and played it 1 month for free, however this time you can't abuse that 7 days trial (I have tried that and fail), .....anyway, this game is great but it seems that its dieing with less and less ppl playing it. Right now only those pros remain at the game (90% of them BR17+ CR3+ like that) , its still very hard for new blood to join.
On the other hand the play style have changed alot, i remember when i left the game years ago, i used to kill ppl with surge+agile armor+JH / using Lancer to kill ppl, now all of them no longer work.
iwbs is offline   Reply With Quote