Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-18-05, 09:46 AM   #1
Kosmos

Default EverQuest II - Saving Multiple Custom Display Profile

HI guys!

I though I would make a post here after reading Mike C's EverQuest II display options guid post.

If you want to be able to save Multiple Custom Display Profiles.

We have created a User Interface Mod at EQ2 Interface.com that allows you to do that, and switch between them in game.

Kosmo's MainHUD.Performance Panel
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3492
Kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-05, 11:36 AM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: EverQuest II - Saving Multiple Custom Display Profile

Its a nice little tool for people who are suffering with issues, I don't need it even though my Custom UI includes it (plus a Shader Toggle).
Old 04-18-05, 03:09 PM   #3
Kosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Its a nice little tool for people who are suffering with issues, I don't need it even though my Custom UI includes it (plus a Shader Toggle).

Boy do I envy you! I've got what I consider one hell of a machine. And I still get laggy in the cities, and raid type situations with very high quality settings LOTS, AND LOTS of activities going on around me. Using the tool, 90% of the time I play in MUCH higher settings than I would even bother with, because I can, but when I call back to the cities, or enter an area I know will be laggy, I drop down a notch to another custom profile I have set up. Basically turning of shardows, and a few other minor tweaks, which makes all the difference in the world.

Most people basically run in must lower settings than they need to, in order to avoide having to tweak all the time. They set things so they are not laggy in the city, and leave them at that. But, in my opinion you are missing out on some really beautiful stuff. WIth the mod, you can have 3 complete custom profiles and switch between then on the the fly, if you have a decent system with 1G of ram or more, the transistion is almost instant depending on the variation between your profiles.

My 'SCREEN SHOT' setting profile is actually Higher Settings than the Extreme Quality settings. The Extreme Quality settings don't even max everything out.

I only use that button when I am in posistion to take a nice pretty screen shot. Take my shots, and then go back to my normal profile. This would take probably a few minutes having to hand adjust each setting, take the shots, then put them back to playable settings.

I'm curious are you on a fiber connection? How do you avoid the lag in the cities and raids?

I've got an eVGA 6800 Ultra 256,2G RAM, AMD Athlon64 3500 and two 10,000 RPM Raptor Drives in RAID 0, with Comcast Broadband connection. In Dallas, Texas, so I'm not rural.

Last edited by Kosmos; 04-18-05 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-18-05, 03:18 PM   #4
|MaguS|

Cable modem... I get slight frame drops in the cities but nothing serious game ending (doesn't force me to change settings), raids... never had any issue.

I haven't had actual lag issues in EQ2 at all, ever. Last MMORPG that gave me lag was WoW Beta and Raids in EQLive. Mayve Lineage 2 Beta but that wasn't that bad, only when it went open and got flooded to hell.
Old 04-18-05, 03:22 PM   #5
Kosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Cable modem... I get slight frame drops in the cities but nothing serious game ending (doesn't force me to change settings), raids... never had any issue.

I haven't had actual lag issues in EQ2 at all, ever. Last MMORPG that gave me lag was WoW Beta and Raids in EQLive. Mayve Lineage 2 Beta but that wasn't that bad, only when it went open and got flooded to hell.

Looking at your system specs, I would venture to bet you could get away with some much nicer settings when out in Antonica and TS, and the wide open areas of those places. If you are a dungeon rat, and always off in some hole or caslte, that might not be best for you. I have my settings cranked for those wide open areas, but I don't dare skip around town with them.
Old 04-18-05, 03:56 PM   #6
|MaguS|

I rarely touch my settings, once they are set I leave them alone. I make sure they work for Cities, Dungeons and large zones.

Running at 1280x1024 /w 2xAA/4xAF @ Very High with custom settings (Most are increase, Shadows and Lighting), ocean waves set to "low" and LOD Textures set to "High". I also disable player Torches, I find it useless to see other peoples torches and annoying seeing how 90% of the people run around with em. I just use Sonic Vision.

EDIT: Im using the 76.44 Drivers.