Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-12-05, 01:29 AM   #121
Clay

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
Nice to know.. im more interested in the non-PVP side of the game.. But seem to quick the way so many people are reaching level 20.. for a game that have just 1 month in the market.. it is short the "single player" side of the game?
My understanding is that reaching the level cap of 20 is not an indication of the length of the game at all. ArenaNet wanted the focus to not be on "leveling up" or seeing how high a level you could reach, hence the cap of 20. I've only played about 12 hours or so and am almost at level 9. However, I know that I'm nowhere near the end of the single player game. I just recently started in the post-searing part of the game.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 01:40 AM   #122
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
Once you die the death penalty remains (and compounds each subsequent death)...however...once you return to Ascalon the slate is wiped clean and you'll be back to 100%
So all i have to do is go back into town and i'll be fine? Sweet.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 01:43 AM   #123
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
So all i have to do is go back into town and i'll be fine? Sweet.
Yes, the percentage hit icon that you see in the upper left will then go away. Seems like a way for the game engine to nudge you to get back to town and buy whatever you might need to boost your armor, etc.
Old 05-12-05, 01:47 AM   #124
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
My understanding is that reaching the level cap of 20 is not an indication of the length of the game at all. ArenaNet wanted the focus to not be on "leveling up" or seeing how high a level you could reach, hence the cap of 20. I've only played about 12 hours or so and am almost at level 9. However, I know that I'm nowhere near the end of the single player game. I just recently started in the post-searing part of the game.

ok thanks..
Did you know if their developers have future plans to make this game a never ending quest.. with future patches to the game content as it happens with others MORPG games.?
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 01:59 AM   #125
Clay

Quote:
ok thanks..
Did you know if their developers have future plans to make this game a never ending quest.. with future patches to the game content as it happens with others MORPG games.?
From what I've read, it sounds like there are big plans for a number of expansion packs to Guild Wars. These would not be free but not sure what kind of price range they would be in. I'll try to find out where I read that.
Old 05-12-05, 02:40 AM   #126
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
From what I've read, it sounds like there are big plans for a number of expansion packs to Guild Wars. These would not be free but not sure what kind of price range they would be in. I'll try to find out where I read that.

Cool.. i dont mind paying for mission packs..because thats optional.. what i never liked is the montly fees..

BTw.. saw some very nice looking Castles in the game ,can you enter them ? or they are they just there only for the eye candy. ?

BTW..
Found some updates that will be done to the game.. very soon.. in a patch.. maybe it was posted before.. here they are..

http://www.guildwars.com/news/gameupdates.html

Can't wait to get my hands on this game..
Old 05-12-05, 02:50 AM   #127
iwbs

Quote:
Nice to know.. im more interested in the non-PVP side of the game.. But seem to quick the way so many people are reaching level 20.. for a game that have just 1 month in the market.. it is short the "single player" side of the game?

A side note.. RAge3d is also hooked with GW.. they have their own clan.. maybe we can fight againts them .

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33814383
I hit lvl20 and now fighting in the hell of somewhat (the left buttom island). Well, one of the benefits of being lvl20 to me is that you are more easy to capture elite skills from the monsters, thats an important part of the game.

How i see this game? Other from questing, your main objective is to get the skills that you want, probably as many as prossible.

And you need to get to Drokanr (forget spelling) to get your last armor, not counting those 15k.
iwbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 03:54 AM   #128
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

I've finished all the quests inside the primer. I'm trying to take on the Charr pre-searing and getting my ass-kicked. Damnit the game just went down. P-E-N-I-S!!!!!
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-05, 05:46 AM   #129
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Ok.. This is one of the best review have seen.. cleared almost all my questions..

http://www.scifi-rpgs.com/guild-wars-review.html

It does a quick but straighforward comparison between GW and the more traditional MMORPGS games.

Interestingly.. ARENAnet developers of GW (made with some ex-bioware WOW developers) have plans to upgrade the game to the next chapter every 6 months ,and the game already released is just chapter 1. so there should be a chapter 2 late in the year with some others ~ 100 hours of gameplay. if things go well with no delays

The game consist of 25 single player cooperative online missions with 3 multiplayer massive PVP modes.., an as already have been said before players with TOP places PVP mode will have access to extra game unique "single player" multi cooperative online Role playing missions .. with cool new stuff as long as they are on the top players in Guildwars world. this alone is enough motivation for the people to continue improving their skills and their characters combos... but leave behind the people less skilled in combat modes//
Old 05-12-05, 09:10 AM   #130
superklye

Quote:
Yes, the percentage hit icon that you see in the upper left will then go away. Seems like a way for the game engine to nudge you to get back to town and buy whatever you might need to boost your armor, etc.
That's a pretty good system...however..where the hell do you buy new armor and stuff?! All I can find are merchants who sell sh*t, customizers, and then crafters. Don't they have someone who just sells weapons without needing to have 5 iron ingots and this other crap to craft an item?
Old 05-12-05, 09:13 AM   #131
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
I've finished all the quests inside the primer. I'm trying to take on the Charr pre-searing and getting my ass-kicked. Damnit the game just went down. P-E-N-I-S!!!!!
How did you get past the north wall to find that guy? There was that level you had to pull, but the gate closed way before you could get down to it.

And yeah, it got hard. fast.
Old 05-12-05, 09:40 AM   #132
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

You have to party up with someone to get through that door.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote