Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-12-05, 08:48 AM   #133
Clay

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
That's a pretty good system...however..where the hell do you buy new armor and stuff?! All I can find are merchants who sell sh*t, customizers, and then crafters. Don't they have someone who just sells weapons without needing to have 5 iron ingots and this other crap to craft an item?
You can get armor, weapons, etc without any need for "crafting" with iron ingots and whatnot by going to "Collectors". You still need to give them stuff like scales, worn belts, etc but that stuff is easier to come by most of the time. One tip, if you find dye and need money...sell the dye. The dye trader in post searing Ascalon will give you 150 gold per bottle.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 11:37 AM   #134
ynnek

I had a PvP fight, that lasted for 30 mins.. everyone died on the teams except the two of us in about 5 mins.. and neither of us had the rez signet..

I was a N/R and he was a R/?

Anyways, it was a stalemate.. he had poison shot, pinn down, and a few others stuff.. while I had life siphon, suffering, blood sac?, and troll urgent.. neither of us could take each other down..well actually, i had him down to a sliver a bunch of times, but he would run away by pinning me down.. and I couldn't time my distract shot well enough to stop it..

finnally, i got tired of it, after 20 mins and let him kill me.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 12:41 PM   #135
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
You can get armor, weapons, etc without any need for "crafting" with iron ingots and whatnot by going to "Collectors". You still need to give them stuff like scales, worn belts, etc but that stuff is easier to come by most of the time. One tip, if you find dye and need money...sell the dye. The dye trader in post searing Ascalon will give you 150 gold per bottle.
Okay...I new about the collectors, but besides them...all you can do is craft and hope for a drop? That kinda sucks.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 12:42 PM   #136
Parts

Its called a MMORPG because it is infact, Massive, Multiplayer, Online, and a Roleplaying Game...

It just doesnt have what a lot of people who play other MMORPG's are used to.

So stop saying its not one, because when you disect the meaning of "MMORPG" it is exactly what it says it is.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 12:48 PM   #137
Clay

Quote:
Okay...I new about the collectors, but besides them...all you can do is craft and hope for a drop? That kinda sucks.
I thought it sucked a bit at first too. However, the fact that getting better weapons is more involved kind of makes you appreciate them more. You can also disassemble or deconstruct other items to "harvest" crafting materials like fur, iron, etc. I've not done this yet though but that's a neat twist as well.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 01:25 PM   #138
ynnek

once you get the advanced salvage kit(yak's bend i think is the first place), you can start getting things like grips, wraps, runes, etc to put enhancements on your armor and weapons.. especially on the higher level places, where more interesting stuff can get dropped.

when you get to the higher levels, you start seeing relatively more (but still not much) rare stuff.. that comes up as purple

Also, the next jump in armor I've seen is in Lions Gate.
Old 05-12-05, 02:16 PM   #139
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yup... I just got done buying me a new 15-28 halfmoon bow yesterday and my gosh... I love the speed so much when combined with Tiger's Fury (attack 33% faster)... basically Legolas from LOTR lol.

If any of you guys have a gold short bow or half moonwith some good +dmg (while health above 50) let me know and I will buy it... I wish I could find a 15-28 half moon with +20% damage while health is above 50%... with that I would basically explode lol.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 03:32 PM   #140
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts
Its called a MMORPG because it is infact, Massive, Multiplayer, Online, and a Roleplaying Game...

It just doesnt have what a lot of people who play other MMORPG's are used to.

So stop saying its not one, because when you disect the meaning of "MMORPG" it is exactly what it says it is.
Who are you talking to?

Old 05-12-05, 03:35 PM   #141
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
once you get the advanced salvage kit(yak's bend i think is the first place), you can start getting things like grips, wraps, runes, etc to put enhancements on your armor and weapons.. especially on the higher level places, where more interesting stuff can get dropped.

when you get to the higher levels, you start seeing relatively more (but still not much) rare stuff.. that comes up as purple

Also, the next jump in armor I've seen is in Lions Gate.
Awesome...I guess there's a lot to look forward to, still.

And everyone...what about that NVN Guild?
Old 05-12-05, 03:42 PM   #142
ynnek

Where did you get that?

I'm using a 13-23 Elemental Earth Flatbow
+20% damage when health is abveo 50% i believe
+4 armor (bow grip)

Plus bonus damage from being personalized to me.

I think I have another bow siting in storage 13-23, except its piercing damage, and its a recurve bow i believe.. i forget.

I haven't gotten the Tiger's Fury skill yet either.. Did you get it from a quest?

I'm on the fence, for my N/R, deciding if I should wear my +40 armor, or should I switch over and run naked with scars +30 armor, but with alot of +energy and +energy regen... (just got into Lion's Gate recently)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Yup... I just got done buying me a new 15-28 halfmoon bow yesterday and my gosh... I love the speed so much when combined with Tiger's Fury (attack 33% faster)... basically Legolas from LOTR lol.

If any of you guys have a gold short bow or half moonwith some good +dmg (while health above 50) let me know and I will buy it... I wish I could find a 15-28 half moon with +20% damage while health is above 50%... with that I would basically explode lol.
Old 05-12-05, 03:46 PM   #143
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Awesome...I guess there's a lot to look forward to, still.

And everyone...what about that NVN Guild?
I'm not waiting any longer, I'll make the guild when I get home today...well...once I find the guild register in the new dead world. I want a freaking cape already. Also, since i'm post-searing you guys tell me your character and if I pick up any powerful weapons I can't use and that you can, I'll give them to people inside the guild.

Also leave your in-game name and district so I can contact you if nessesry. If anyone wants to chat I'm Callisto Troi [ya, I'm playing a chick].
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 04:50 PM   #144
superklye

I am Aru Delorn in-game and I'm in Old Ascalon at the moment. I just got there last night before I went to bed. I hope to make it in the game later on tonight, but I DO have 2 finals tomorrow...