Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-14-05, 05:36 PM   #157
Clay

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Try taking just a monk (healer) with you. I believe that you still get XP regardless of who in the party makes the kill...just less XP than if you are solo. Gold is always divided evenly among party.

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 06:31 PM   #158
ynnek

thought it would be the other way around.. sucking your targets blood.. not your blood.

blah, I got a response back from the dev team and said thats how they meant it to be..

so my main bow is basically usless right now, till i find a replacement string.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
Well it's sucking your blood, hence Vampiric. Works for me.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 08:40 PM   #159
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Only way to get more range is use a longbow (or any "long" bow) Shortbows and half moons have poor range but fire faster.

Yes, eventually you can change secondary classes... but it is near the "end" of the game (missions wise). You even keep your original secondary skills (IF you decide to switch back to that profession... you can't use them if you don't have the profession).

And warrior/monk is pretty good. Take damage and be able to res. But if you need some help, feel free to message me (I will be under either Klaus Barnabas, or Dr Tobias Funke).

thanks for the info.. interesting.. going to try it..
I noticed that you dont need to be a RAnger ,neither a Necromancer or ELemental to use their weapons.. which is quite odd.. when you only have 1 profession. makes me wonder if the only benefit of other proffesions is their magic combos .

I already have 4 skills(the icons at the bottons with magic moves) but only 2 of them based around sword atacks alone.. which are extremely effective in battles. The sword is my favorite weapon.. so did you know if there are others special moves/skills that are just for the sword atacks? I asked for more training for the warrior, but the next training is for others weapons like Hammer.. which i dont like.. .. it looks more cool the warrior with a sword and a shield.. is there any way to continue training in the arts of sword fighting or perhaps this is ramdom and you need to finish the game to get more?

Maybe what i need is find guide book for the game.. that could explain the use of every weapon ,every skill and every item.. like a bible ..because it sucks to not know what are the purpose of some of your items/weapons and skills and combos that will best benefit you in your proffesion. i have big inventory and probably most of the things i have are useless. Right now collecting lots of IRON ,granite ,wood,stones and some other other materials just in case they migh be used in the future to build new armour or weapons.. diferent than customization.

a side note.. Here i included some screenshot of the game..
Guildwars have the nicest looking outdoors i have ever seen in a PC game.. the water in Farcry might be slighty better.. but the all around graphics are simply stunning..the Sky even have HDRish blooms also .

One of the coolest thing in the game is the so many ways you can equip your characters for protection and the near unlimited weapons availlable to choose.. but also even dress your character and paint them with your favorite colors if you find bottles of ink in your quest ..

Notice there in the screenshot it only have 4 skills.. (icons) at the booton. but the last two are only availlable if you use the sword as your primary weapon. Will love to get more skills for the sword fights..alone.. if they are really good i might just stay as a single class proffesion alone.. Kick ass game..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	guildwars1.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	11579  Click image for larger version

Name:	guildwars2.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	11580  Click image for larger version

Name:	guildwars3.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	11581  

Last edited by Nv40; 05-14-05 at 09:30 PM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 12:41 AM   #160
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Ok.. I think found a killer list of all the skills people will have a chance to get in the game. It also explain what they do and are clasified for every weapon ....

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill.php

Here are the ..

Warrior skills..
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill/class/6-warrior

Monk
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill/class/3-monk

Elementalist..
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill/class/7-elementalist

and necromancer..
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skill/class/4-necromancer

Use the site index and pick your character proffession..

To study all those skills not only will help you choose what proffesions are the right for you and what will be your abilities in the Roleplaying game ,but also to have a better idea of the tactics others Proffesions will use againts your in PvP.

Now all i need to know for the moment is where you can get all those skills in the game.. very cool .
Old 05-15-05, 02:09 AM   #161
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Lightbulb Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
thanks for the info.. interesting.. going to try it..
I noticed that you dont need to be a RAnger ,neither a Necromancer or ELemental to use their weapons.. which is quite odd.. when you only have 1 profession. makes me wonder if the only benefit of other proffesions is their magic combos
Thats becouse you in noobie zone and items are low tech ! , once you advance they will require specific skill levels for them to be usefull.
Old 05-15-05, 03:08 AM   #162
superklye

wait...can you dual wield in this game?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 03:53 PM   #163
nrs421

anyone else experiencing obscene amount of lag.....it wasnt a problem until after the city got destroyed

Last edited by nrs421; 05-15-05 at 08:27 PM.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 09:28 PM   #164
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
wait...can you dual wield in this game?
No, he's got an Focus instead of a Sheild. I'm currently at Yak's Bend, lvl 12 W/El. Powerhouse of a DPSer. No healing though, so I need monk backup on the harder quests.

Also, the Charr in the Northlands Pre-Searing are beatable, me and a buddy went and cleared em out, including the lvl10ers that caused the searing in the first place. We got some nice drops too.

Last edited by Vagrant Zero; 05-15-05 at 09:40 PM.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-05, 08:37 PM   #165
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

This game really needs a skills save setup, a simple option to store skills and revert to them in town with one click - eg, primary healer, fire, water, v undead etc. It's just a pain to swap skills then swap them back.
Old 05-17-05, 09:18 AM   #166
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
This game really needs a skills save setup, a simple option to store skills and revert to them in town with one click - eg, primary healer, fire, water, v undead etc. It's just a pain to swap skills then swap them back.
I dont have many skills.. just 6-7.. so no need to choose..
however it is important the order at which you have placed your skills in the game ?
Old 05-18-05, 12:33 PM   #167
ynnek

no.. except that it might just make more logical sense when you start reaching for those numbers to hit those skills.

nutcrackr, that wouldn't be a bad feature though.. I too am starting to amass a large amount of skills, and switching them around starts to be a pain.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-05, 05:55 PM   #168
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

MWHAHAHAHA I just got a flaming 15-22 sword [flaming is in on fire, not gay you *****s ]. This thing rips through everyone.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote