Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-19-05, 09:26 PM   #169
Clay

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Where did you get it? I'm a W/E 9 and I'm specializing in my hammer skills so far. My current hammer is 11-17 damage...fun to take on about six of the rock dudes at once.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 04:20 AM   #170
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
Where did you get it? I'm a W/E 9 and I'm specializing in my hammer skills so far. My current hammer is 11-17 damage...fun to take on about six of the rock dudes at once.
I bought a standard 15-22 from somone online. I had a fire sword hilt [salvaged from a previous sword] that I then appiled to the sword thus making it do fire elemental damage instead of phyiscal damage. I figure this is better than using a fiery dragon sword since that thing gives away the fact you're doing elemental damage and is big flashing neon sign in pvp asking people to gangbang you.

Right now I'm looking for more upgrade component, namely 20% damage when health above 50 and extra armor.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-05, 09:43 PM   #171
nrs421

this game is hard to do by yourself if your a elementalist....i've found some nice stuff but i'm kind of stuck right after the searing....i'm lvl 9....i did however find this purple hammer that does 13-20 dmg, armour piercing +1
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-05, 12:46 AM   #172
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
I bought a standard 15-22 from somone online. I had a fire sword hilt [salvaged from a previous sword] that I then appiled to the sword thus making it do fire elemental damage instead of phyiscal damage. I figure this is better than using a fiery dragon sword since that thing gives away the fact you're doing elemental damage and is big flashing neon sign in pvp asking people to gangbang you.

Right now I'm looking for more upgrade component, namely 20% damage when health above 50 and extra armor.

I will really like to understand How can you upgrade your weapons or armour using salvage/crafting . i know that if you give in the city the craftman what he ask.. Rock+wood+gold .. the you will get the weapon. But people say that you can improve you weapons or amrmour using "modifiers" and "RUnes"..

CAn anyone explain ,me in detail this? ANy link that shows step by step how this work will be more than apreciated. THe manuals of this game are terrible.. There is so much things not explained and it looks that im not alone here.. because I ask others online ,and they also doesnt know how to Improve their weapons. How to get Modifiers or RUnes. Aparently read somewhere you can aslo "unlock" skills with some CHAR crafting materials.

So really really interesed to learn how to do this.. I understand that in Post searing levels (im still in pre-searing) all that salvage Wood/granite/paper/iron/steel will be used to create new armour .. So i already have TOns of Wood/paper/Irons .. In the North Wall whenver you kill chars ,they usually drop crafting materials..that have specs of ARmour 23 or so..and info that says (for crafting and upgrade weapons) but when i salvage the items, with my salvage kit ,the only thing i get is more of the same Squares/cloth/Iron etc.. i already have almost a hundred of each one.. dont need more..

Noticed that some items are undentified. ,when you use the identification kit , the info is upgraded with New abilities.. like (fast atacks ,improve swordmanship..etc) How to use that ? because the only thing my salvage kit do is destroy items in wood,paper,cloth and so on..

any help apreciatted

BTw.. i desperately need a new Bag.. have almost no room for anything.. i have the Backpack and "beltpouch" so if there anyway to carry more . in pre-searing let me know.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-05, 02:01 AM   #173
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Basics of upgrading weapons/armor:

1) You need to Identifation Kit
2) Enemies will drop Blue, Puprle, or Gold items.
3) Use kits on these items to identify exactly what they are. Example, you identify a tribale blade that turns out to have Fire dmg and +4 armor against physical attacks. That means it has 2 upgrade components, the hilt which is giving the fire dmg, and the pommel which is adding +4 armor.
4) Use an EXPERT salvage kit to salvage the colored items.
5) Sometimes you'll get nothing, otherwise you can get 1 OF THE 2 upgrade items. Either the fire dmg hilt or the +4 pommel, it's random which you get.
6) Once salvaged you'll get an item called [example] fire dmg hilt, you can then click on this item and apply it to another weapon [as long as they are the same type, ie sword hilt only for swords] thus giving that weapon fire dmg.

As for getting new bags, not in pre-searing.
Old 05-21-05, 02:06 AM   #174
superklye

I can't wait to get my computer set up at the 'rents house in the morning so I can finally play again. Christ, it's been too long.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-05, 03:22 AM   #175
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Basics of upgrading weapons/armor:

1) You need to Identifation Kit
2) Enemies will drop Blue, Puprle, or Gold items.
3) Use kits on these items to identify exactly what they are. Example, you identify a tribale blade that turns out to have Fire dmg and +4 armor against physical attacks. That means it has 2 upgrade components, the hilt which is giving the fire dmg, and the pommel which is adding +4 armor.
4) Use an EXPERT salvage kit to salvage the colored items.
5) Sometimes you'll get nothing, otherwise you can get 1 OF THE 2 upgrade items. Either the fire dmg hilt or the +4 pommel, it's random which you get.
6) Once salvaged you'll get an item called [example] fire dmg hilt, you can then click on this item and apply it to another weapon [as long as they are the same type, ie sword hilt only for swords] thus giving that weapon fire dmg.

As for getting new bags, not in pre-searing.

I suppose that the expert kit only exist in Post-searing

i have an item dropped by the Char that someone gave me ,, it says.

Quote:

AXE FIEND ARMOUR of Minor Swordmanship
armour:20
Improve Swordmanship
value11
"Use salvage tools to produce crafting materials and upgrade components"
THe thing is that i dont know how to use that.. to "improve swordmanship" perhaps this is a hidden skill ?

if i use the salvage kit as the item suggest , the only thing i get is crafting material like Iron ,cloth. etc..

Interestingly used the identification kit , in anon indetified item this time. found by me ,with similar intructions.. and a window appeared with anew never seen SKill .. asking me to accept... by accident declined..: and never saw again the skill.. all this happened by just using the identification kit.

THen i used the salvage kit to see if i could recover the new skill again. And all i got was a crappy piece of cloth..

So i will like to know how this works because it looks that you also can get SKills from items. it will be very nice if someone can help me with this.
Old 05-21-05, 03:31 AM   #176
ynnek

Friggen selfish W/M's!! I've just about had it with those chodes. They join the group, but then run off alone and use the rest of the group for fodder, while they go and blitz to finish off all their quest points, shafting the rest of the group.

ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-05, 12:16 PM   #177
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
I suppose that the expert kit only exist in Post-searing

i have an item dropped by the Char that someone gave me ,, it says.

THe thing is that i dont know how to use that.. to "improve swordmanship" perhaps this is a hidden skill ?

if i use the salvage kit as the item suggest , the only thing i get is crafting material like Iron ,cloth. etc..

Interestingly used the identification kit , in anon indetified item this time. found by me ,with similar intructions.. and a window appeared with anew never seen SKill .. asking me to accept... by accident declined..: and never saw again the skill.. all this happened by just using the identification kit.

THen i used the salvage kit to see if i could recover the new skill again. And all i got was a crappy piece of cloth..

So i will like to know how this works because it looks that you also can get SKills from items. it will be very nice if someone can help me with this.

Using a normal salvage kit will yeild you nothing. Using an Expert Salvage kit would probabley have gotten you an Minor Rune of Swordmanship. And yes they are post-searing. And no you can't get skills from items. Those are learned/bought.
Old 05-22-05, 02:04 AM   #178
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Using a normal salvage kit will yeild you nothing. Using an Expert Salvage kit would probabley have gotten you an Minor Rune of Swordmanship. And yes they are post-searing. And no you can't get skills from items. Those are learned/bought.

Thanks So much.. you'r the MAn

have unlocked more SKills using the identification kit.. Someone also told me the those items are to be used post searing with the EXPERT kit and have a chance to get a RUne..

however im curious about why some crafting items have their names writen in purple colors and others in white.. looks like there is a purpose for that.

in another note.. Reading in FOrums heard about a special Skill that you can use to "steal " and learn the enemy foes skill.. it takes a couple of seconds and both you and the foe need to be alive until the skill is captured..Looks like an aswesome skills.. looking to get my hands on it.. if anyone knows where to find it.. drop me a hint.
Old 05-22-05, 02:31 AM   #179
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
however im curious about why some crafting items have their names writen in purple colors and others in white.. looks like there is a purpose for that.
The "higher" the color the better results it wll yeild from a salvage. White is your basic common, blue is your uncommon, purple is your rare, and gold is super-rare.

Quote:
in another note.. Reading in FOrums heard about a special Skill that you can use to "steal " and learn the enemy foes skill.. it takes a couple of seconds and both you and the foe need to be alive until the skill is captured..Looks like an aswesome skills.. looking to get my hands on it.. if anyone knows where to find it.. drop me a hint.
That's WAY further in the game. It's called a Signet of Capture.
Old 05-26-05, 07:07 AM   #180
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

well, i usually HATE mmorpg's.. but this game is really fun. another "hater" and i bought it and we are both loving.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote