Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-06-05, 07:15 PM   #217
superklye

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

I haven't played him in a while because he's level 8, my brother just got the game and I wanted to play with him and it gets really effing hard after the Searing.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 08:09 PM   #218
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

haha.. wait till a bit later. it get nuts but it sure is a blast
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 03:28 PM   #219
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

I never understood people that pick wierd classes like Warrior/Elementalist and complain about not having huge energy reserves... When have you even seen a warrior casting massive spell, hexes etc?? What I have noticed is if you pick a class with low energy reserves but concentrate on building you skills (i.e. Ranger-Expertise) the amount of energy required to cast your spells etc. are reduced. Anyway this game is rediculously addicting. I'm lovin every minute of it!!
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 03:59 PM   #220
Clay

I'm a W/E 9 and I really like it so far. A lot of variety and balance it seems.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 09:54 AM   #221
ST:DS9

For me, I hate Diablo and MMORPGs, but the irony is I love guildwars . How did Arenanet do that? Actually, I don't see the resemblence with Diablo, maybe though that is because I didn't play Diablo long enough.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 06:05 PM   #222
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
I never understood people that pick wierd classes like Warrior/Elementalist and complain about not having huge energy reserves... When have you even seen a warrior casting massive spell, hexes etc?? What I have noticed is if you pick a class with low energy reserves but concentrate on building you skills (i.e. Ranger-Expertise) the amount of energy required to cast your spells etc. are reduced. Anyway this game is rediculously addicting. I'm lovin every minute of it!!

Thats the reason.. why i picked WArrior/ME .
Mesmer have lots of very good spells and magic that only cost 5 of energy. even monks needs more energy than mesmer in their spells..
HOwever somewhat i regret not chosing MOnk as my second profession.. they are badly needed in many missions quest.. even if u use them as second.

My character W/Me focus is mostly offense not defense.. so its heavily depends to have Monks around them. planning to make a second character MOnk as primary.. because so many quest and mission could not be done without them.. and people usually wait half an hour or more until they find them.

a side note..

Anyone here knows where i can buy the Signet of capture?

I already got one from a quest in LIonsARch.. but can be used only one time per captured skill. and he doesnt give you more of those. heard that u need to buy the signets of capture from skill trainers later in the game. but dont know where.

Any info appreciated.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 09:59 PM   #223
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Well the new update makes me not want to play as much anymore... they nerfed farming... so now that I have already beaten the game twice I don't have much else to do... Farming and going to UW was the only fun I had after that.... now I have nothing :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-05, 12:12 AM   #224
WimpMiester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nv40
Anyone here knows where i can buy the Signet of capture?
You can get them at Quarrel Falls.
WimpMiester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-05, 08:53 AM   #225
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

okay.. anyone notice that update last night?

it added rune traders in the towns/outposts. i think that sucks. the best thjing for a newer player, is to find a fancy (major/superior) rune and sel it for a binch of money. and the rune traders are supposed to relieve all the rune selling going on, but hell, the superior rune of fire or major vigor are still moer than 8 platinum. this sucks
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-05, 04:17 PM   #226
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
okay.. anyone notice that update last night?

it added rune traders in the towns/outposts. i think that sucks. the best thjing for a newer player, is to find a fancy (major/superior) rune and sel it for a binch of money. and the rune traders are supposed to relieve all the rune selling going on, but hell, the superior rune of fire or major vigor are still moer than 8 platinum. this sucks
Rune traders??? WTF! I guess NCSoft had to find a way to reduce the server loads..
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-05, 08:47 PM   #227
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Lightbulb Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

That becouse of all the Bot farmers and people selling runes for 70k ect ect , i think they made realy good decision .
Old 06-09-05, 08:49 PM   #228
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Exclamation Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Well the new update makes me not want to play as much anymore... they nerfed farming... so now that I have already beaten the game twice I don't have much else to do... Farming and going to UW was the only fun I had after that.... now I have nothing :\.
Guild Wars man PVP ! .