Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-09-05, 09:49 PM   #229
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

If I wanted PVP... I would have just went with a first person shooter... this game is extremely short and I have already beaten the game twice... I don't PVP... so they screwed me over.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-05, 01:35 AM   #230
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Lightbulb Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Well your mistake noone said it will be EverQuest like game with years of xp grinding... it is moustly online PvP with story and RPG . Once you do that , either play different toon or PvP and play with guilds anyways your not screwd you don't have to pay monthly fees and they will release Expansions.
Old 06-11-05, 09:23 PM   #231
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=DVS=-
Well your mistake noone said it will be EverQuest like game with years of xp grinding... it is moustly online PvP with story and RPG . Once you do that , either play different toon or PvP and play with guilds anyways your not screwd you don't have to pay monthly fees and they will release Expansions.

indeed...

This is my first MMORPG/corpg game.. never thought i will ever be playing one. have near 4 weeks playing this game.. and still dont see the end. it will be Far nicer ofcourse if the game were years of exploring ,but that will be too much to ask for a free online playing mmorpg game. future mission packs will make the game closer to the levels of most popular online rpg games.i hope Guildwars sucess is good enough to make future mmorpg developers to follow the same formula. free online with optional buyable expansions packs .Really looking forward for any mission pack(s) from this game. The only disadvantage of Guildwars now is that is taking all my free time .. not playing my other favorites games

Btw.. DVS or any other..
Im looking for a sword.. but dont know its name. im collecting nice looking weapons.. specially swords..

have already Long,fellblades,flamblade,fierydragon,crystaline,s patha,falchion,butterfly..crude.. etc..

but there is one that will love to get.. but never seen anyone selling it , perhaps because dont know even its name. is the one that is displayed in the Prima guide book in the left corner of every page. that is red at one side. can anyone help me here?

Have been searching diferents Guildwars fansites ,but none have a complete list of all the weapons that exist in the game.

Last edited by Nv40; 06-11-05 at 09:52 PM.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-05, 10:08 AM   #232
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

okay.. i HATE the rune traders and the fact that runes are so expensive. i jknow it is supply and demand.. but, if that is the case.. why would a rune trader buy a rune for 25 gold or 600 gold, but it is worth so much more? i just think 11 plat for something is silly.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 02:24 PM   #233
zoomy942

this game is so much dang fun. i love being able to explore if i feel the urge, and i can do side quests instead of mission quests if i want to.

and i went to the underworld for the first time yesterday. WOW. that was a blast. i was with a great group and we planned out each battle and we all cam away with great items and lots of EXP. (and i found a storm bow that i sold for 25K)

if you are ever in the Temple of the Gods... look me up
Old 06-16-05, 11:40 PM   #234
superklye

I can't wait until I have some time to play this weekend.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 12:28 PM   #235
zoomy942

i play everyday for about an hour at 5-ish mountain time. and the weekends, i have no idea when i pay, but i uslayy squeeze in a few hours.

right now i am ni the crystal desert. i have been to all the small towns, and i am in the Dunes of Dispare waiting to do the mission.

i will say that the underworld is awesome. wow, those monsters are nuts.

and pvp isnt too bad. i am 100% fire ele (my necro stopped being used) and i was doing great. everyone says air magic is the way to go, but i think anyone can be good with any class if they are familioar with what is effective in pvp.

i think, i'll just get rid of my elemental armor and get some aeromancer armor, just for pvp, so i have a little extra protection
Old 06-17-05, 12:47 PM   #236
ynnek

I've heard of some really cheezy tactics in PvP..

a group of, air elementals I believe? and a few necro's to help feed them energy.. so like the group of 6 air elements focus their cold nuke spell on one guy at the same time.. each does like 120 points of damage. 720 points of damage, and blam, just about guaranteed kill for anything.

Then another one is necro's and rezing monks.. 1 min of prep time.. Necro's hit blood is power over and over so their health drops down to nothing, while they are holdinga vampric weapon.. they die.. other necro calls up the bone minions.. monk rez's.. repeat process. After a min of doing this over and over, with a few necro's and monks, they have a whole army.. lol
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-05, 12:49 PM   #237
zoomy942

thats why i pack a mighty fire magic punch.. kill them before they build an army
Old 06-17-05, 12:52 PM   #238
ynnek

I believe the hall of hero's before the PvP round starts, you have about 1 min of prep time. so when those gates open, they already have their army..

my friend played against a group that did this.. the list of enemies was huge.. like down the whole side of the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
thats why i pack a mighty fire magic punch.. kill them before they build an army
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 02:00 PM   #239
superklye

I LOVE my fire spells. My ranger picks off guys from afar while my bro is hacking them up and then I can cast rain of fire (or whatever it's called) and take out a group if he's being mobbed. It's beautiful.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-05, 03:16 PM   #240
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
I LOVE my fire spells. My ranger picks off guys from afar while my bro is hacking them up and then I can cast rain of fire (or whatever it's called) and take out a group if he's being mobbed. It's beautiful.

since you are a fire mage as well... i dont know wehat spells you have aquired. but here is my skill bar.. and it hasnt let me down yet..

1. fire attunment - 30% everygy back for each fire skill cast

2. immolate - better than incendieary bondscause it is instant, does initial damage, and burns them for 3 seconds. and recharges faster and only 10 energy

3. pheonix - far away, it does the same damage as fireball, but up close it does double damage

4. meteor - casts fast and knocks them down

5. firestorm - good after i cast number 6.

6. meteor storm - good cause it doesnt let them run away cause they are falling down. works well if firestorm is cast right afetr cause they keep getting hurt.

7. lava font - hurt enemies that get close for 5 seconds. works well with number 2 and 3.

8. fireball - incase the baddies are far away