Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-18-05, 05:45 PM   #277
superklye

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

I guess there is always PvP but meh...that game got way too hard, way too fast and the item drops did NOT keep pace. After I reformatted, I didn't even bother reinstalling it. WoW is consuming my life now.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 06:01 PM   #278
demonized
R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Is it just me or is Guild Wars a dead duck after lvl 20? What is there to do after that? Even if you go to the UW etc there is no good drops anymore. I guess it's time to focus my time on something else....
Same here, I stopped playing it after finishing the game twice. The only thing to do with your gold is to buy items that either have the same stats as the one you have already or looks cooler. Trying to go to hard places to capture elite skills aren't that much fun either, since the chance of not having an idiot in your group is zero. Also, you cant really solo the game to get some nice loot(stupid henchmen). I'll play the game again just to checkout the new areas that will be added.
2GB OCZ PC3200 EL platinum.
ATI X800XL
SB Audigy gamer
NEC 2500a 8x8x32
Liteon 52x24x52
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 08:39 PM   #279
j0j081

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonized
Same here, I stopped playing it after finishing the game twice. The only thing to do with your gold is to buy items that either have the same stats as the one you have already or looks cooler. Trying to go to hard places to capture elite skills aren't that much fun either, since the chance of not having an idiot in your group is zero. Also, you cant really solo the game to get some nice loot(stupid henchmen). I'll play the game again just to checkout the new areas that will be added.
Aren't they meant to be releasing free content soon?
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 11:28 PM   #280
demonized
R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0j081
Aren't they meant to be releasing free content soon?
yup, thats what I'm waiting for. I hope they add more items.
2GB OCZ PC3200 EL platinum.
ATI X800XL
SB Audigy gamer
NEC 2500a 8x8x32
Liteon 52x24x52
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 02:07 PM   #281
FraGTastiK
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonized
...the chance of not having an idiot in your group is zero. ..
I think Guild Wars is a good game,great graphics nice music active economy...

but I dont know why is it that its littered with unexperienced players.I have'nt been in a good team up until now.its generally much harder than other MMOs to find good players.

also theres this strange characteristic of this game,it lacks the sense of continuality.when playing other MMOs I can remeber the name and the character of at least 25 players other than the people on my friends list but its hard for me to remeber 5 of'em in GuildWars.

I guess the reason is that teams wont stay together for long.in other games a full team goes for doing like 10 or even more missions together thus they get a chance to know each other ,plan strategies etc.but in guild wars its like a crazy rush just to get to the next city.and bam team gets disbanded.this perfectly describes it as not being a full fledged. MMORPG.although its not claimed to be one.

maybe this is just my experience with guild wars.

perhaps no monthly fee has its consequences.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 10:04 PM   #282
j0j081

Quote:
Originally Posted by |White|Mute|
but I dont know why is it that its littered with unexperienced players.I have'nt been in a good team up until now.its generally much harder than other MMOs to find good players.

also theres this strange characteristic of this game,it lacks the sense of continuality.when playing other MMOs I can remeber the name and the character of at least 25 players other than the people on my friends list but its hard for me to remeber 5 of'em in GuildWars.

I guess the reason is that teams wont stay together for long.in other games a full team goes for doing like 10 or even more missions together thus they get a chance to know each other ,plan strategies etc.but in guild wars its like a crazy rush just to get to the next city.and bam team gets disbanded.this perfectly describes it as not being a full fledged. MMORPG.although its not claimed to be one.
maybe it'll get more community oriented as time goes on. although the game has been out for a while, i think it's catching on faster now than it did upon release because people didn't know what to expect.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-05, 12:42 AM   #283
ynnek

Its strange but my Coworker is hardcore into Guild Wars, cause he loves the PvP and especially character builds and strategy involved.

And the way he talks about it, he knows plenty of people and groups that are equally hardcore and they have crazy battles....

He says its real meat of the game is building the characters to get skills as quickyl as possible, then getting to the end where the real pvp battles take place.

BTW, I played thru a good chunk of the story line.. yea, sometimes you join a group/guild/pickup thats really good, and everyone sticks together thruout the different quests.

But then, especially later, the really annoying people, that just group together to use other people as cannon fodder and selflishly blitz over to finish their own quests.. the friggen leave and disband.. effectively wasting your time...

You know, now that online gaming has such a far reach into all kinds of people, that its like worse than real life.. it seems like there are more idiots and a-hats out there online then in real life. that I don't want to interact with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |White|Mute|
I think Guild Wars is a good game,great graphics nice music active economy...

maybe this is just my experience with guild wars.

perhaps no monthly fee has its consequences.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-05, 06:28 AM   #284
FraGTastiK
'

true,it seems from what i hear that all the hardcore enjoy the non_PvE(GvG mostly not PvP) aspect of the game more than itsPvE.(after they had gone through the whole PvE couple of times i assume?!)

but I'd personally prefer to explore,feel the world,lengthen the moment.

I hate to use excessive shortcuts to skip the content and level up.that way I would be getting myself owned for not experiencing the content i had payed for to see!

I'm alright with farming for raising funds but not for PLing(although it has alittle bit of both).

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-05, 09:43 PM   #285
alucard_x

anyone have guild war crashing problems with a DFI Infinity Nforce2 board?

i just started a new char tonite, haven't played for 1.5 months.. also haven't played since i put this new mobo in (dfi).. needless to say i'm getting random crashing now which i have never gotten before in GW (already played through all PVE once). all my other games i play on this machine are stable. also tried rolling back to 77.76 drivers which worked last time i played the game.. to no avail.

6800nu not oc, 2500-m 200x12 1.825v, corsiar default timings 2.8v dimm, dfi infinity
alucard_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-05, 02:15 PM   #286
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard_x
anyone have guild war crashing problems with a DFI Infinity Nforce2 board?

i just started a new char tonite, haven't played for 1.5 months.. also haven't played since i put this new mobo in (dfi).. needless to say i'm getting random crashing now which i have never gotten before in GW (already played through all PVE once). all my other games i play on this machine are stable. also tried rolling back to 77.76 drivers which worked last time i played the game.. to no avail.

6800nu not oc, 2500-m 200x12 1.825v, corsiar default timings 2.8v dimm, dfi infinity

I used to have game crashes ,fixed it but not sure which was.. either a new PSU or the new DDR memory. the game is very solid in stability ,never saw a single crash after that.. i could leave my PC up to 24 hours connected to the game and the game will still continue without problems.
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-05, 03:18 PM   #287
alucard_x

i ended up clocking the my box down to 11.5x200 and that fixed the problem. apparently prime95 and superpi isn't enough for stability (at 12x200)
alucard_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-05, 04:33 PM   #288
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

well, i started playing guild wars again. i forgot how much fun it was to burn things with my ele
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote