Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-09-05, 11:43 AM   #325
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

ill be on some this wekend, with a buddy of mine

Timbo the Slayer, also he has a character Brianna White Spell.

we usualy hit up the UW, but we are usually down for anything
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 10:19 PM   #326
slick
Play with conviction.

WEEEEEEE!

I was out running the Sanctum Cay Mission and two white mantles dropped gold salvagables. I didn't think much of it and ALMOST sold it to vendor, but I decided to ID and salvage and this is what I got.

(The one next to it is major vigor, worth a good 4k, but I STILL GOT A SUPERIOR ABSORBTION RUNE WOO WOO!)

The moral debate begins... 15k armor.... razerstone.... 15k armor.... razerstone....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	woot.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	14944  
Old 12-10-05, 05:21 PM   #327
darkrider01
A little rough at first

Talking Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Rune drops have been interesting lately. My wife and I got a Superior Vigor each within an hour or two. Congrats or that Superior Absorption!
School Bus - Intel i7 4770K * ASRock Z87 Extreme6/AC * EVGA GTX 590 * Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz DDR3* Alienware TactX Keyboard * RAZER Mamba * Pioneer DVR-212D * Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD * 10+TB Other Storage * Ultra X3 1000W PSU * Dell U2913WM * Beats by Dr. Dre headphones * Klipsch Promedia 2.1 * Cooler Master HAF XB * Cooler Master Hyper N520 * Windows 7 Ultimate
Mass Transit - Xeon E3-1275 V2 * G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 * EVGA GTX660 * Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD * Seagate Momentus XT 750GB * Dell 2001FP * Viewsonic VX2250 * Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 * Windows 7 Ultimate
RV - Alienware M18x * i7 2670QM * Dual 560 GTX * 1.25TB Storage * Windows 7 Ultimate
Van by the River - Panasonic PT-AX200U * Homebrew 9' x 5' screen * Pioneer VSX-1121-K * Bose Acoustimass 6 * Velodyne VX10 Subwoofer * PS3/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU/DirecTV HR22
Packin HEAT
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-05, 07:29 PM   #328
slick
Play with conviction.

I have a Guild Wars tech question...

Textures ALWAYS seems to mess up for me in GW, like everything is always blocky and never blends correctly, UNLESS I take a screen shot. After I take a screenshot everything rearranges itself and blends correctly, otherwise, everything is always blocked off as is (somewhat) seen in the SS of me above. Is this a common problem/is there is a fix for it?
Old 12-11-05, 12:16 AM   #329
slick
Play with conviction.

Okay, my new setup, I should be good for a while.

Old 12-11-05, 12:26 AM   #330
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
I have a Guild Wars tech question...

Textures ALWAYS seems to mess up for me in GW, like everything is always blocky and never blends correctly, UNLESS I take a screen shot. After I take a screenshot everything rearranges itself and blends correctly, otherwise, everything is always blocked off as is (somewhat) seen in the SS of me above. Is this a common problem/is there is a fix for it?

for me, the newwest nvidia drivers fixed this. but i had that issue before
Old 12-11-05, 01:52 PM   #331
superklye

As soon as finals are done Friday afternoon, I'm reinstalling. I swear.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 09:39 AM   #332
darkrider01
A little rough at first

Talking Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Zoomy,

You say you are an Underworld (UW) kind of guy.....so I was wondering.....how do you defeat all of those damn Mindblade Spectres????

My Guildmates and I are pros at Fissure of Woe. I know that sounds boastful and everything, but we rarely ever leave Fissure because of deaths. We don't even use the book trick. We just know the routes. We usually leave because it's 4AM EST and I have to go to bed, though some may stay and carry on in a 6 man group.

UW is something we only went into when we were farming ectos or getting Spider pets. We've never tried to really do many of the quests. We went in to mess around the other night (5 man team) and came across the Banished Dream Riders for the first time. We didn't kill any that night as it was real late, but we decided that we wanted to come back another time and smoke those fools. This weekend, we decided it was time. We had a 7 man group. We had 2 monks, 3 ele's, a ranger, and my warrior. Wasn't too tough getting back to the Dream Riders, but the waves of Mindblades were crazy. Most of the team got wiped and our prot. monkeh retreated. 3 of the Mindblades chased him for 15 minutes. They NEVER gave up. I thought ANet "fixed" the game so that agro was lost once you ran far enough. I mean....my man ran all the way back to the beginning and they still chased him. We were on TS laughing our arses off, but it was kind of irritating. Anyway, I wondering if you had some wisdom you could share.

P.S. I looked for you guys this weekend. I saw Zoomy on once, but I was helping a guildie through a mission. When we were done...apparently, so was Zommy. I'm gonna get with you guys next time I see you on. Maybe we can do a mission, UW, FoW, or maybe even PvP.
School Bus - Intel i7 4770K * ASRock Z87 Extreme6/AC * EVGA GTX 590 * Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz DDR3* Alienware TactX Keyboard * RAZER Mamba * Pioneer DVR-212D * Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD * 10+TB Other Storage * Ultra X3 1000W PSU * Dell U2913WM * Beats by Dr. Dre headphones * Klipsch Promedia 2.1 * Cooler Master HAF XB * Cooler Master Hyper N520 * Windows 7 Ultimate
Mass Transit - Xeon E3-1275 V2 * G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 * EVGA GTX660 * Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD * Seagate Momentus XT 750GB * Dell 2001FP * Viewsonic VX2250 * Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 * Windows 7 Ultimate
RV - Alienware M18x * i7 2670QM * Dual 560 GTX * 1.25TB Storage * Windows 7 Ultimate
Van by the River - Panasonic PT-AX200U * Homebrew 9' x 5' screen * Pioneer VSX-1121-K * Bose Acoustimass 6 * Velodyne VX10 Subwoofer * PS3/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU/DirecTV HR22
Packin HEAT
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-05, 10:58 AM   #333
zoomy942

those spectres are tough. i am not terribly fluent with FOW, but i have done my fair share of killin there. i LOVE killing the bone dragons. anyway, with those spectres.. heres how we did it.

we had 2 warrirs, 2 monks.. one heal, one protect, and me as an ele with a water ele (which was neat) and then a ranger. i brought some up close ele stuff, which i dont normally do. but i wanted to stick it to them. so, the prot monk would throw some stuff on me, i would run up to them and get them all on me, then the water ele would cast some slow down stuff on them and the heal monk would keep me alive. after their initial volley of anticast stuff, i throw down - flame burst, incendeary bonds, lava font, meteor storm, then inferno. i try to squeeze in searing het, but i can only use that if they are getting knocked down with meteor storm. the fun thing is, one you kill the forst 3 baddies, they spawn into 6, and then 9. good freakin times. we barely made it through, and it took several hours. needless to say, i love being there, and i am currtnely working on a fast casting smite monk, so i can go there and beat the hell out of the undead. i am in kryta with him now and it is sooooo dman easy fighting them as a smite monk. (mez primary).

id be down for some missions with you. like i said, with my ele, UW is my favorite place to go. with my necro he would be as effective and my smite monk will be pretty okay there too. but my ele is the most fun cause i never get tired of setting things on fire.
Old 12-17-05, 10:21 PM   #334
superklye

So, if I were to make a new character, what would you guys recommend?

I'm sick of being a warrior and a ranger, but I still want to be an ass kicker. I've heard that you pretty much have to be a monk, otherwise you're always going to suck.

But how are Necros?
Old 12-18-05, 12:27 AM   #335
slick
Play with conviction.

There really are no all-in-one ass kickers (with the exception of the 55-invincimonk, but they are only good for a very limited selection of farming). ANet has done a very good job of making the game very group dependant. Everyone working together doing their thing correctly = ass kicker. Don't fall for that monk crap, it's absolute BS. You don't need a monk secondary to heal yourself, that's what monk primary's are for! That's my personal take on it, but unfortunately 99.9% of the warriors you will see out there are W/Mo because they are senseless and all they know how to do is sever artery, gash, healing breeze, rinse/repeat. Most of the damage comes from nukers (elementists), but AoE was nerfed last update and monsters will run away from AoE now, so it's less effective than it was before.

Necromancers are mainly used for Minion Masters/Mancers (MM for short). Basically you wait for stuff to die and make a little undead follower out of the corpse, eventually you get an army (literally) of undead minions following you around and killing stuff in .5 seconds.

I'm fairly sure that I am the only W/Me that exists in Guild Wars. I think I may have seen about 2 others in my time playing, that being said, they kick ass. He was shakey at first, but once you get it down/figure out your style, you rape stuff. People think it's a worthless combo, I'm out to change that!

Here's a screen shot of my completely ineffective and estranged build... in his shiny new 15k platemail armor...

All in all it really boils down to personal preference, play around with a bunch of different builds, see what you like and what you don't like, look up skills/builds, put together your own style from that. W/Me is really the only build that I have thoroughly enjoyed playing so far in the game, pure healing monks are fun too, and you never have trouble finding a group with one.
Old 12-18-05, 12:45 AM   #336
superklye

heh, nice...thanks for the info, man. And do you have any links to sites with good GW character building info?