Mr Skeptopotamus...

Where's Pokey...
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 12:12 PM   #26
|MaguS|

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTÖRHEAD
Can someone explain to me why the jump feature was not implamented in this game ?
Because it doesn't require it... there was no such feature in ANY click fest hack and slash game....
Old 04-29-05, 01:27 PM   #27
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Because it doesn't require it... there was no such feature in ANY click fest hack and slash game....
LoL - So you are telling me that my bad arse level 20 killer, Master of Pain, Holy Terror of with glowing eyes and flames coming out of him can be stopped dead in his tracks by a row of flowers barely a few inches off the ground. I think the truth here is that they are using the no-jump feature as a invisible wall to limit your movement. This IMHO limits the feeling of freedom to move in a 3d world especially in a game like this.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 01:28 PM   #28
nrdstrm

Hmmm....I didn't really care for the Beta...but perhaps it's changed alot. Anyone that is playing care to offer a review? I'm currently playing EQ2 4-6 hours a day, but am not averse to trying something new...
Nrdstrm
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 03:04 PM   #29
Parts

use /jump!

also I think they remove using the Z axis because if its anything like WoW people would be jumping around all over the place and having no jump at the use of a button probably creates a lot less stress on the server than having everyone jumping around. A solution is to make it client side, but then its too easily hackable and people would be floating around all over in pvp and ****, if they make it so the hitbox doesnt move, then theres no point in jumping anyway because technically your character would never leave the ground.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 03:26 PM   #30
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Whats the point in jumping anyway? I can see it now.... everyone jumping around like kangaroos ala CS or UT.. how realistic is that? The graphics and sound are more than enough to immerse you into the world of Guild Wars.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 05:43 PM   #31
Slybri

If they charged a monthly fee for this, I wouldnt touch it. But I was bored silly and it was my birthday.. so what the heck... I bought it.
Played it for a few hours, relatively boring so far. The world is beautiful, but it feels so...dead.
Other Players all look pretty much the same, since you can only be human. The NPC's are totally speechless, not so much as a "hello there," which hurts the atmosphere of the game.
No vocal emotes from the PC's either, so it's deadly quiet...like a world full of deaf mutes..breakdancing deaf mutes.
I haven't even seen any elves yet! How can you have a fantasy RPG without ELVES?!
No where near as fun as WoW, but what is?

Heard they are working on Diablo 3..best just wait for that...

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-05, 06:02 PM   #32
Clay

Hmm...well I'm not sold yet either way. I think I'd like this but just not ready to drop $40+ on it. I read this review...10/10 and that is coming from a supposed hardcore RPG writer...

http://www.gamesxtreme.net/pc/game/g...s/review.shtml
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-05, 08:47 PM   #33
ynnek

this game is pretty cool.. I'm playing it like Diablo.. Just taking quests,missions, slowly progressing thru the story.. when I need help, I ask someone to join up with me..

My coworker on the other hand just goes straight to the PvP (you can create highlevel characters right away just for the sake of this).. he says he really like the coordination/strategy really needed for things to work well.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-05, 08:51 PM   #34
ST:DS9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
If they charged a monthly fee for this, I wouldnt touch it. But I was bored silly and it was my birthday.. so what the heck... I bought it.
Played it for a few hours, relatively boring so far. The world is beautiful, but it feels so...dead.
Other Players all look pretty much the same, since you can only be human. The NPC's are totally speechless, not so much as a "hello there," which hurts the atmosphere of the game.
No vocal emotes from the PC's either, so it's deadly quiet...like a world full of deaf mutes..breakdancing deaf mutes.
I haven't even seen any elves yet! How can you have a fantasy RPG without ELVES?!
No where near as fun as WoW, but what is?

Heard they are working on Diablo 3..best just wait for that...
Gothic has no elves.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-05, 03:49 PM   #35
MOTÖRHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
Whats the point in jumping anyway? I can see it now.... everyone jumping around like kangaroos ala CS or UT.. how realistic is that? The graphics and sound are more than enough to immerse you into the world of Guild Wars.

What's the point in running everywhere why not have people walk everywhere since it is more realistic.

Come on now the whole point about jumping is that it adds depth and a layer of immersion to the game in terms of interacting with the world. Having a kick arse character who glows with a aura of un-holy flames not be able to jump over a 2 inch tall row of flowers is beyond lame. Oh and /jump is only a emote and useless other then conveying a emotion.
MotherBoard: Asus A8N-E Nforce 4 Ultra
Memory: 2 Gigs RAM
Video Card: PNY NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT 512MB GDDR3 RAM
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 Platinum
Cdrom Model: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B
Cdrom Model: LITE-ON LTR-52246S
HardDrive Model: Maxtor 160GB Diamondmax Plus - 6Y160P0
MOTÖRHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 12:16 AM   #36
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Well I bought it Thursday and am currently a level 14 Ranger/Monk. Having a lot of fun... message Klaus Barnabas if you need some help :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote