Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-02-05, 09:00 AM   #37
demonized
R420

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slybri
If they charged a monthly fee for this, I wouldnt touch it. But I was bored silly and it was my birthday.. so what the heck... I bought it.
Played it for a few hours, relatively boring so far. The world is beautiful, but it feels so...dead.
Other Players all look pretty much the same, since you can only be human. The NPC's are totally speechless, not so much as a "hello there," which hurts the atmosphere of the game.
No vocal emotes from the PC's either, so it's deadly quiet...like a world full of deaf mutes..breakdancing deaf mutes.
I haven't even seen any elves yet! How can you have a fantasy RPG without ELVES?!
No where near as fun as WoW, but what is?

Heard they are working on Diablo 3..best just wait for that...

Your only on the tutorial world. after you start doing missions it gets really fun.
2GB OCZ PC3200 EL platinum.
ATI X800XL
SB Audigy gamer
NEC 2500a 8x8x32
Liteon 52x24x52
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 09:46 AM   #38
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default ***possible Spoiler Alert***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Well I bought it Thursday and am currently a level 14 Ranger/Monk. Having a lot of fun... message Klaus Barnabas if you need some help :\.
Have you moved on to the Guild Battle and ended up at Ascalon City 2 years later yet?? I find it nearly impossible to get past level 9 by just doing quest. What is your handle in the game?
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 11:31 AM   #39
ynnek

yea, I got bored in the tutorial part.. after about level 6 I decided to "continue on", even though I didn't explore some of the parts/do all the quests.. Then it got much more intresting.

Now I'm a level 10 N/R with a level 9 pet. I was stuck around level 8 or so, till I went up north to Piken Square myself.. Ooof, that was a rough journey to do alone as a level 8 and 9 N/R..After getting some armor and marching thru myself to Piken square, I jumped to level 10, and now its manageble. I basically used life syphon, blood sac, vampire gaze, and my pet to "tank" thru it. I'm going to do all the side stuff now, to make sure I get all the skills and such.

I've been doing almost all the side stuff by myself though.. once in a while, I'll join a group to enter some area that I'm having difficulty with.

"Mr Skeptopotamus" is my name.. hehe

Last edited by ynnek; 05-02-05 at 11:53 AM.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 12:36 PM   #40
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I actually went past the first part at level 2 or 3. I have been fighting my way through post-searing since then and have been working hard at getting stuff done.

My name in the game is Klaus Barnabas.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-05, 02:39 PM   #41
ynnek

I think at the very least, you should pick up the resurrection signet from the pre searing area.. although its probably unnecessary, since usually osmeone else will have that skill anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
I actually went past the first part at level 2 or 3. I have been fighting my way through post-searing since then and have been working hard at getting stuff done.

My name in the game is Klaus Barnabas.
Old 05-03-05, 07:04 AM   #42
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Hahahahah, well, I gave the game another shot and whaddaya know, I actually like it! I was all WoW-obsessed when I first played GW and I didn't give it the chance it deserved. I'm pretty interested in it now.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-05, 08:09 AM   #43
Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Hahahahah, well, I gave the game another shot and whaddaya know, I actually like it! I was all WoW-obsessed when I first played GW and I didn't give it the chance it deserved. I'm pretty interested in it now.
That sounds promising, please keep us updated on your thoughts. Someone going from not liking it to now actually liking it says something for this game.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-05, 08:14 AM   #44
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

This game is super addicting. Between this and the PSP I have zero time for anything else. The funny thing is that there was a buggy game update for GW the other day that made the game crash if you tried to move. You should have seen the chaos online. Everyone was acting like the world had just come to an end. They all wanted to hang the entire NCSOFT crew from the rafters!! After the problem was solved (about 2 minutes later) everyone loved them again. How quickly they turn!!!
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-03-05, 11:31 AM   #45
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay
That sounds promising, please keep us updated on your thoughts. Someone going from not liking it to now actually liking it says something for this game.
The best way I could summarize this game is Phantasy Star Online with better graphics and much deeper character development (and a LOT more to do). The combat system is almost identical to World of Warcraft. Story-wise the game is moderately interesting (so far, I only played for a couple hours last night and most of that time was spent climbing the learning curve). I'm a level 6 Ranger/Elementalist and it's a ton of fun to rain fire down on my enemies while my pet mauls them and then proceed to shoot them all dead.

I have yet to team up with anyone. I'm trying to get my friends to buy this so hopefully that'll be solved soon!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-05, 07:55 PM   #46
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
This game is super addicting. Between this and the PSP I have zero time for anything else. The funny thing is that there was a buggy game update for GW the other day that made the game crash if you tried to move. You should have seen the chaos online. Everyone was acting like the world had just come to an end. They all wanted to hang the entire NCSOFT crew from the rafters!! After the problem was solved (about 2 minutes later) everyone loved them again. How quickly they turn!!!
Hehe yeah that was funny , rapid fix was impressive gotta love those small updates.
Old 05-04-05, 12:24 AM   #47
Clay

I found some other reviews of Guild Wars that weren't listed on GameRankings.com

http://www.gameogre.com/guildwarsreview.htm

http://www.scifi-rpgs.com/guild-wars-review.html

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/guildwars

http://pcmac.gamehelper.com/decms/_s...1A117BB3A33641
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-05, 12:55 AM   #48
ynnek

this is a dumb question, but how do you target enemies and tell peopel to attack it? I always the message telling me to target someone by pressing t.. but how do I get others to do this?