Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-06, 04:28 PM   #553
ninelven

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Well, for pvp, the ele class is prettymuch worthless now. They "balanced" gale by doubling the energy cost - if they had just upped the skill req. to 12+ it would have done the job. They "balanced" stoning by upping the energy cost by 5, now 15 energy w/ crap dmg. Basically, they made it so eles can't efficiently interrupt anymore which was probably their best attribute in pvp. Additionally, all the decent ele spells cause exhaustion. This limitation doesn't exist for the other casters - the balance is bull****. Meanwhile the two most blatantly overpowered classes in the game Necro and Mesmer (in that order) are left alone. Put exhaustion on backfire, energy surge, phantasm, echo (including arcane), migrane, and drain, and it might be about even. I won't even bother with Necros.
ninelven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-06, 04:30 PM   #554
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

what is powerful about necros? i havent used mine in a while.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 12:13 PM   #555
FraGTastiK
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
what is powerful about necros? i havent used mine in a while.
I do not have a high level Necro yet but I guess Spiteful Spirit is a bit overpowered, in PvE at least.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-06, 04:42 PM   #556
FraGTastiK
'

Wow now I see why there are so many B/P teams running around in UW2. I joined one with my R/Me. It was fast and effective and it didnt require every single member of the team to be a "good" player, so chances of a couple of bad players screwing the whole team drops significantly. Only loose coordinations required.

Drops were ridiculously low and junk tho, I guess it has been intended to be that way for sometime now.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 01:45 PM   #557
UDawg
Retired spammer

IS guild Wars that good? I am thinking about picking it up. I haven't played it since beta.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 02:41 PM   #558
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
IS guild Wars that good? I am thinking about picking it up. I haven't played it since beta.
No, its not worth picking up now IMO. It was fun playing Guild Wars til level 20. After that, the game morphs into Snore Wars.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 02:46 PM   #559
slick
Play with conviction.

The PvP is AMAZING, but the PvE gets very boring very fast IMO. There's no real goals at end game past actually just "beating" the game. No hardcore loot to go for, no end-all be-all hard bosses that are an accomplishment to take down. The only real thing at end game is farming ecto's and shards to try and get FoW (Fissure of Woe) armor, but that would take months of patience and UW(Underworld)/FoW farming. The game is more focused on collecting all the skills rather than items.

If you like competitive PvP, you'll find this game to be amazing. There are 75 unique skills for every single class, and they can be put together in a multitude of ways that allow for all kinds of strategy and team building to come into play. Different builds and styles of play seem to be limitless, and new ones are being innovated seemily daily. Though PvE is a different story, the best/most effective end game PvE builds are pretty much set in stone.

That said, the game is very fun the whole way through, the missions are VERY challenging, especially towards the end, and you'll need a group of guys that know what they're doing well and can cooperate with one another to even hope of beating the last few missions, post beating the game, it isn't too terribly exciting. Doing the high end areas (UW/FoW) is exciting the first few times, and is always a good time in PUG's, it's really a challenge, but once you fall into the loop of it and group with guys that know what they're doing, it just becomes a grind (like 4 man UW trapper groups). Since UW and FoW are the only real two high end area's worth farming in the game, they have been beaten down into a science and you will be expected to play a highly specific role of a common build in the functioning of the group. You'll see people saying "LF 55-monk 2 man UW!" or "GLF echo SS Necro!" or "4 man trapper group UW LF Winnow" or "GLF Barrage Ranger!" etc etc etc.
Old 04-14-06, 02:57 PM   #560
UDawg
Retired spammer

I am looking at this as a PVP game. I play WoW all the time and like the battlegrounds in it but they are hard to get into lately. I just want to jump into a PVP match and go. What do you think about that?

Old 04-14-06, 03:33 PM   #561
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
I am looking at this as a PVP game. I play WoW all the time and like the battlegrounds in it but they are hard to get into lately. I just want to jump into a PVP match and go. What do you think about that?
Well... now why didnt you say PVP in the first place.

PVP in Guild Wars is pretty fun. However, there are classes in PVP that are WAY stronger than others. Its not really fair at times. If you pick the right class you should be good to go(hint: Be a Warrior ANYTHING. War/anything and you should be good to go )
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 04:26 PM   #562
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

PVP in Guild Wars is some of the best... you can do Random arenas (4 vs. 4, but you can't organize your team), Team Arenas (4 vs. 4, but you get to organize your team), and Heroes' Ascent (8 man team, sometimes against 1 other team, sometimes 4 or 5, I forget)... Heroes' Ascent is where you earn the "favor of the gods", which PVE characters need to get into certain areas like the Underworld and Fissure of Woe... then there is Guild vs. Guild which is basically 8 vs. 8 but you have to do kill the opposing guilds Guild Lord in order to win.

Factions is supposed to expand on some of these and on the last preview I saw they did pretty well... they introduced Factions arenas or something where you fight for either Luxon or Kurzick (sp?) factions and whatnot... but this is 12 vs. 12 and you can only organize like... 4 of the team members... so you can't organize ALL 12 people and it is random who you go in with besides your initial 4 party members (or you can enter alone and just be put in randomly). I hear they are also supposed to have bigger GVG matches of something like 16 vs 16... but I think those are the alliance battles or something where it is 2 guilds vs 2 guilds basically... I could be wrong, though.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 05:29 PM   #563
UDawg
Retired spammer

That does it, I am picking this up this evening. Thanks for the info. I might not play it very long but you do have my intrest peaked. As I said I played the second beta weekend and I liked it but I was so busy with WoW that I only played it a half an hour or so.
Old 04-14-06, 11:28 PM   #564
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
That does it, I am picking this up this evening. Thanks for the info. I might not play it very long but you do have my intrest peaked. As I said I played the second beta weekend and I liked it but I was so busy with WoW that I only played it a half an hour or so.
Yeah... it is a fun game... once you get it PM me here or in game (if I am on, sort of busy with my 360 currently heh ) and I will help you out with any questions you may have.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote