UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Thanks guys
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 08:22 AM   #567
j0j081

add me to your friends list to if you want. my current char name is Blindeyez Bear.
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 05:13 PM   #568
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Mine is Klaus Barnabas/Dr Tobias Funke/Sally Sitwell/Lean Wid It
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-06, 05:13 PM   #569
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

zoomy at nvnews is my name
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 08:14 PM   #570
FraGTastiK
'

Congratulation to all the people with 10/10 sundering weapons, your weapons now only have half the strongets AP it could possibly posses. 20/20 is the new standard that came with factions. Although I prefer vamp to Sundering (for bows mostly) and zealouse to both of them.(for bows axes and swords)

Also MM's army is gone, 10 minions and youre done. I was lucky I sold my 10/10 green the day before factions I guess its gonna have a huge drop in price because it still stays at 10/10 if you had it before factions and you cannot touch green upgrades.

ArenaNet might aswell remove the ele and mesmer class in PVE character creation page altogether. BP is taking on the whole world! First tombs now SF and FoW both are getting infested. I love overpowerful builds like BP I have one and I make sure to abuse it as much as I can before they raise the nerf stick or will they ever.

The only place I can think of that has stayed clear of BPs is UW (until now at least). Oh wait thats the SS55 / trapper realm. Other classes can watch beautiful statues at ToA when they glow.

I'm not pissed at ANet because first and foremost GW is the best MMORPGoid you can find out there, its monthly fee free and you get some little free content too. People should be smart enough to know wich profession(s) are useless in palying PVE end-game material (in other words they cannot get themselves in any groups) and avoid them.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750
PIONEERDVD-RW DVR-108 ][ MSI CD-RW CR52P AUDIGY2ZS ][ CREATIVE INSPIRE T7700
2xMAXTOR SATA160GB (RAID 0) ][ 2x MAXTOR IDE80GB ][ AOPENH700C

Last edited by FraGTastiK; 04-29-06 at 11:19 AM.
FraGTastiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-06, 02:56 PM   #571
raystone57
far out

^^ I went to all the effert to get a pet spider in UW and I was so happy get to play with an L20 pet in the BP groups in FoW in Temple of Ages (ToA) and Tomb of Kings in the desert or wherever. But all the pets in the BP groups kept dying so fast. Just great, I should have known that. So I asked around about that, like what's the point of taking pets on missions. And the experienced people joked in response that well it's a BP group, that's what pets are for, you take your pet to a BP group. Then seriously they admitted that pets are not really a great benefit in killing the enemy. And that there is a coolness factor going on with all the Rangers bringing their pets on missions.

As long as the BP groups are popular I guess I'll use that to get into group missions more often. But having to rez my pet every 5 or 10 minutes, jeesh. Maybe I'm off track about this, hopefully you can tell me it isn't this bad as far a pets dying on harder levels. The coolness thing makes it kind of worth it I guess. At least I think I can do a quick scan to find my dead pet, like holding down the Ctrl or Alt key while scanning. Seems like it would shorten the hunting time a lot for the body if it's possible.

Btw I'd think more would be posting about Factions and the new Japanese levels.
raystone57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-06, 05:24 PM   #572
FraGTastiK
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystone57
^^ I went to all the effert to get a pet spider in UW and I was so happy get to play with an L20 pet in the BP groups in FoW in Temple of Ages (ToA) and Tomb of Kings in the desert or wherever. But all the pets in the BP groups kept dying so fast. Just great, I should have known that. So I asked around about that, like what's the point of taking pets on missions. And the experienced people joked in response that well it's a BP group, that's what pets are for, you take your pet to a BP group. Then seriously they admitted that pets are not really a great benefit in killing the enemy. And that there is a coolness factor going on with all the Rangers bringing their pets on missions.

As long as the BP groups are popular I guess I'll use that to get into group missions more often. But having to rez my pet every 5 or 10 minutes, jeesh. Maybe I'm off track about this, hopefully you can tell me it isn't this bad as far a pets dying on harder levels. The coolness thing makes it kind of worth it I guess. At least I think I can do a quick scan to find my dead pet, like holding down the Ctrl or Alt key while scanning. Seems like it would shorten the hunting time a lot for the body if it's possible.

Btw I'd think more would be posting about Factions and the new Japanese levels.
Yes youre right pets cannot stand against grasps for long in Tombs UW but the point of BP in Tombs greens seeking mission is to try to have more body blocks against enemies considering that you are hugely outnumbered in tombs mission with quick attacking hard hitting grasps and three other casting mobs. Pets will go down in three or four hits but they add up to the number of front line defense. So grasps will be busy killing another "thing" anyway before reaching rangers in the back line, your chance to shoot little pointy things as fast as you can.

But pets have another advantage in Tombs wich surpasses their body blocking role, and that is constant corpse supply for the mm necro to raise minions. That is why if the mm is a good fast reacting player its better to rez your pets the first time you get enough energy and a chance to press the related skill button/icon even in the middle of a battle so that it dies again quick and mm raises yet another minion from its corpse. You shouldnt heal your pet when its going down unless your team does not have enough minions up and blocking and the grasps are held off busy at a distance fighting your pet(s). But you do send'em in with full health when fighting a new group.

That strategy would have gained your team a huge army fast before the recent patch. Now that the mm can only control 10 minions Ive seen some teams taking two MMs with them to add to the number of possible minions. I've never been to a double mm team since the patch went live though but I have been in teams that ended the mission with 10 minion limit several times, its a bit harder now and inexperienced teams will be defeated for sure.

With 10 minion limitation your team is constantly outnumbered so one or two members tend to carry a dust trap to welcome the incoming grasps with'em. Also its even more important now that at least three people carry throw dirt with them as a life saver.

You dont need to find your pets body or even target it to rez. Just activate comfort animal and its done unless you are a circle radar map distance away from him then you need to get a bit closer and activate the skill.

AMD X2 4400+@2750 MHz 24/7 ][ ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE 0903 ][ 2x1GB PC4000 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1T-1:1 ][ 2 XFX 7900GTX 512MB SLI 690/1750

Last edited by FraGTastiK; 04-30-06 at 03:56 AM.

Old 04-30-06, 12:18 PM   #573
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Just beat Factions... pretty fun game... ending wasn't so good, but afterwards is pretty cool...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-06, 02:26 AM   #574
raystone57
far out

Thanks Fragtastik. There kind of a reason I didn't know about the heal pet in radius before this and that's because I had runners get me through most of the game. Even had a guy level me up from L12 to L20 in the desert over two days. Took our time and I paid him and wham a L20 ranger. I got my large gold supply from eBay. I remember being level 12 surrounded by all level 20s on various maps and they would tease me and ask me to join clans to teach me.

I know that sounds bad but I'm going back and learning the game. After the leveling up to 20 I got ascension in the desert albeit with runners. And I got infused and when I got the additional rangers mask went back on another infusion run. And learned to get different armor for UW and running players in early levels. And so with a new vest or other piece I went back to the mountains to get that infused. Yeah I run new people for free in easier maps. All basic stuff sure. Now I'm getting into FoW and maybe some armor there but someone said the ranger FoW armor isn't any stronger so maybe that's just for fun?
raystone57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-06, 03:32 AM   #575
FraGTastiK
'

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystone57
...someone said the ranger FoW armor isn't any stronger so maybe that's just for fun?
and prestige, stats are the same as non FoW.

Old 05-01-06, 06:33 AM   #576
antigone

Lightbulb Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Hey guys, I'm doing a term paper on the evolution of mmorpgs and I'm trying to assert that gamers and gaming styles have changed since eq- I have a survey at http://isuerica.tripod.com/mmorpgsur...rpg_survey.pdf
if you guys would take the time out to fill it in or shoot me an email at ISUErica@gmail.com with some info on what you think has changed, especially with regard to social networks, time requirements (mission/leveling), extensiveness of races, classes, guilds, equipment, quests, aesthetics, and maps it would be awesome. If you throw in how long you usually play that would be great too. Daedelus has lots of eq data but I'm really focusing beyond that to guild wars era. Once I get the data together, I'll send it out to anyone who is interested.
Thanks!
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote