Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-17-07, 01:10 PM   #757
NiukNiuk
The one and only

Default Re: Official Guild Wars Thread

Yeah this whole "you can't transfer your old character in gw2" thing tend to make me "lose my motivation"...
I have 6 characters, 4 or them have +2year/old and have finished all the campaigns. I have the "kind of a big deal" and "legendary cartographer" titles with my warrior, and thinking of losing this character in gw2 is sad for me
I don't know what to think of it. We'll be able to transfer "achievements" from gw1 to gw2, but for now we don't know enough details to speculate about this...I'll reserve my jugement until I can try gw2 beta. One year to wait until the first beta^^
Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 10:23 PM   #758
hirantha
SUC SUDO

yeah but starting fresh should be interesting.. I'm looking forward to a fresh start!! (fresh i meant GW2 not starting a new char in GW1)

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 10:25 PM   #759
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
i noticed this funny language option in Guild Wars this morning.

Guild Wars FTMFW.
hahah thats funny, looks like Anet spent a large amount of time trying to figure out their own language..

Old 08-25-07, 05:57 AM   #760
NiukNiuk
The one and only

A few Guild Wars: Eye of the North sneak peek week end screenshots, with my (cute) parangon

Old 08-26-07, 10:05 PM   #761
hirantha
SUC SUDO

i lost my faith in this expansion, nothing special on this one..i dont think i will be buying it.

Old 08-27-07, 08:28 AM   #762
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

ill buy it. but i will wait till release so i can buy it from the in game store. that way i qualify for the free bonus mission pack
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-07, 09:58 PM   #763
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
ill buy it. but i will wait till release so i can buy it from the in game store. that way i qualify for the free bonus mission pack
That is what I am doing.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-07, 03:40 PM   #764
darkrider01
A little rough at first

Red face Re: Official Guild Wars Thread

So...since everyone is busy playing GW:EN, what are your thoughts?

The dwarf with the exploding kegs outside Sifhalla made my wife say "Budger Blackpowder made GW fun again for me". She's trying out the touch ranger solo build and is just having a ball with it. It does work well in a group.

My heart is just broken with the Hall of Monuments. You can only display Elite (15k) Armor, Destroyer Weapons, and Heroes that have upgraded armor. Also, when you choose to display a mini-pet, it customizes the pet to your character. Also, when you display your armor, it shows it in the base color. So my beautiful, pre-patch-black-dyed Obsidian armor shows up as pink on the monument.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that ANet is listening to the outcry from the players and not just taking the easy way out.
School Bus - Intel i7 4770K * ASRock Z87 Extreme6/AC * EVGA GTX 590 * Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400MHz DDR3* Alienware TactX Keyboard * RAZER Mamba * Pioneer DVR-212D * Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD * 10+TB Other Storage * Ultra X3 1000W PSU * Dell U2913WM * Beats by Dr. Dre headphones * Klipsch Promedia 2.1 * Cooler Master HAF XB * Cooler Master Hyper N520 * Windows 7 Ultimate
Mass Transit - Xeon E3-1275 V2 * G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 * EVGA GTX660 * Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD * Seagate Momentus XT 750GB * Dell 2001FP * Viewsonic VX2250 * Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 * Windows 7 Ultimate
RV - Alienware M18x * i7 2670QM * Dual 560 GTX * 1.25TB Storage * Windows 7 Ultimate
Van by the River - Panasonic PT-AX200U * Homebrew 9' x 5' screen * Pioneer VSX-1121-K * Bose Acoustimass 6 * Velodyne VX10 Subwoofer * PS3/Xbox/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU/DirecTV HR22
Packin HEAT
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-07, 04:28 PM   #765
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01
So...since everyone is busy playing GW:EN, what are your thoughts?

The dwarf with the exploding kegs outside Sifhalla made my wife say "Budger Blackpowder made GW fun again for me". She's trying out the touch ranger solo build and is just having a ball with it. It does work well in a group.

My heart is just broken with the Hall of Monuments. You can only display Elite (15k) Armor, Destroyer Weapons, and Heroes that have upgraded armor. Also, when you choose to display a mini-pet, it customizes the pet to your character. Also, when you display your armor, it shows it in the base color. So my beautiful, pre-patch-black-dyed Obsidian armor shows up as pink on the monument.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that ANet is listening to the outcry from the players and not just taking the easy way out.
I enjoyed it... played through with my ranger... not sure if I will with my other characters.

Really hate the grind just to get the armor crafters to talk to you :\.

Yes, the HoM sucks right now, I have many weapons that are WAYYYY better than those trashy Destroyer weapons.

The end-game greens suck again.

99% of the new skills blow.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-07, 04:42 PM   #766
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

to be honest, i havent heard alot of good things about GWEN yet...
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 02:25 PM   #767
hirantha
SUC SUDO

yeah i havent even bothered to buy this one.. lets see what GW2 got.

Old 09-12-07, 03:41 AM   #768
NiukNiuk
The one and only

Well GW2 will come out (at least) in about 1.5 year...

Concerning Eye of the North, I played through it with my paragon, and I must say that it was really fun.
The graphics are simply awesome (the charr lands, the new water effects, the destroyers etc etc they look stunning).
The dungeons are fun (but a bit repetitive), and their bosses are cool to fight. The quests/missions aren't repetitive at all, and are really fun to play.
But the game is really short, and the armors and end game green weapons are crappy reskin of what we already know/own.
But some of the new weapon skins that are "lootable" look great (hello greater guardian spear ^^)
And about this "grinding" issue:
If you simply do all the quests (including secondary quests), explore all the dungeons (and not forget to take the blessings), then you won't need to grind a lot: I had rank 5 with the dwarves and asuran simply by doings quests and dungeons (well I've done some dungeons several times ...but there's a bit of grinding to obtain vanguard rank 5, I agree with this point

So there are some really cool ideas (dungeon/mission book), some magnificient scenery, some cool dungeons, the mini games are fun to play, but there are some strong letdowns (hall of monuments, reskin of armors/weapons, grinding), and the game is way too short.