Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-05-08, 02:54 AM   #853
supra
2JZ powered

Send a message via MSN to supra
Default Re: Official Guild Wars Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR
Thanks for that, so any suggestions on a good MMORPG? ... im getting really bored with first person shooters & im looking for somthing alittle different!

I really fancy GW though, from reading this thread it sounds good, ive heard WOW is full of children & bots?
i dont play wow so derno. but u gona come across children n bots in gw or any other mmo.

try gw. i luv it, hav all 3 + expansion
Old 05-05-08, 03:05 AM   #854
NiukNiuk
The one and only

I'd say begin with prophecies, wich was the first chapter. It has huge environments and the progression is relatively slow. The only problem that you may encounter is the lack of people to party with(due to the age of this chapter). Then I'd say avoid factions, wich is boring, full of bad ideas (the kurzick/luxon thing, timed missions etc) and short.
Imo Nightfall is the best chapter, it has a cool and long story, strong ennemies, and beautiful environments (well if you like oriental/african/desert you'll be really pleased with nightfall ^^).
Eye of the north is an expansion (you need one of the other chapters to play it), it has some really cool environments but it's too short.
Ram: G.Skill Kit Extreme2 2 x 2 Go PC6400 PK
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512 Mo
Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2 sound card
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite B2403WS -B1
NiukNiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 03:39 AM   #855
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112747
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 01:17 PM   #856
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiukNiuk
I'd say begin with prophecies, wich was the first chapter. It has huge environments and the progression is relatively slow. The only problem that you may encounter is the lack of people to party with(due to the age of this chapter). Then I'd say avoid factions, wich is boring, full of bad ideas (the kurzick/luxon thing, timed missions etc) and short.
Imo Nightfall is the best chapter, it has a cool and long story, strong ennemies, and beautiful environments (well if you like oriental/african/desert you'll be really pleased with nightfall ^^).
Eye of the north is an expansion (you need one of the other chapters to play it), it has some really cool environments but it's too short.

i agree that prophecies is the best one to start with. it trains you very well and will get you comfortable with the events on screen. however, i disagree about factions and NF. to me, NF (and GWEN) and the worst of the game. The realm of Torment was terrible and the submission of submission style of those two were horrible to follow. I liked factions the best honestly. It was the fastest paced and had tons of action in small spaces. i loved it. but that whole luxon/kzurich thing is pretty stupid
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 04:35 PM   #857
NiukNiuk
The one and only

For me factions was too short, and there are several things that I didn"t like:

This huge and awful "ghetto-city" in the begining of the main continent: horrible design/textures/everything.
"Forcing" players to pvp (well "alliance battle"...I don't know if you can call it pvp ^^) in order to get the 10.000pts without farming (points necessary to progress in the main story) is bad too.
Stupid cartography: hey jade quarry...
Timed missions: I love exploring each area, and having to rush in order to get the master reward is stupid.
However I really liked the kurizck and luxon environments, but this stupid idea of "hey give me 10.000pts to progress in the main story" or "sorry you can't talk to this npc because you're not friend of the kurzick/luxons" is the worst idea arenanet got.
But there are good things:
Assassins and Ritualists are cool professions...well ritualists were nerfed to death, but are still useable, and assassins were hated when factions came out (too many "naruto-sin" that rushed in the middle of the battle and died, then /ragequit insulting the monk ^^), but they're fun to play with.
Oh and elites skills and armors are great.
Old 07-31-08, 08:21 PM   #858
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I absolutely loved factions "ghetto city", the towering run down buildings of a poor city now ravaged by demons. Factions was great to play AFTER leveling up in prophecies, however I didnt like leveling up in factions. It happened to quickly, the game dosnt unlock spells for you, and the island you level up on is nothing special.

Prophecies offers a great progression speed, unlocks many of your skills through quest, and offers a diverse environment. Population isnt to bad really either, its really picked up although youll run into alot of farmers. Also later missions can be hard with just henchmen.

Factions is a great expansion, but to start out in I didn't like the start out area, and you have to buy any skills with gold in which you will quickly hit the 1Plat per skill cost. Also no heros = hard solo play, esp in missions.

Nightfall, a close 2nd best to prophecies, offering more ideal quest, boss fights, and sprawling non linear environment. Also the heros system makes it much easier to solo and do missions. Environments weighs heavily on desert regions,and the end game is quite difficult. Starting at level 1 is simular to factions, you levelup most levels on a starter island before being set loose on the main continent. Level up speed may be slower but its more fun and easier with heros and several missions you can do. You may find your self grinding some though, some areas offer creatures covering many level ranges and this means youll be resetting often to get more mobs in your level range.

GWEN -still working on, so far I like it. Multiple large storylines, well thought out areas with great views, and dungion runs (missions) take place in areas where you can ressurect in, no more lost missions if your entire team wipes. This allows for some hard missions since theres a smaller penalty for wiping. Also some dungions are multi sectioned and get reused for other quest lines, so more content quest wise.
Old 08-11-08, 07:02 PM   #859
yuriz43

I recently got back into this game. I played a lot of pvp before any of the expansions came out. The other week I purchased Nightfall and completed the campaign. Now I'm starting to get back into pvp.

Anybody still play? Out of the 30 people on my friends list only a few still play.

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 07:03 PM   #860
yuriz43

Oh yeah. What is GWEN?

*Compewtor*Keeeboard*Mice*Mice Pad
*Cofe Jug*Old Bear Can*5x blu LED's
*Bag of chips that I forgot to throw away*Moniter
yuriz43 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-08, 07:25 PM   #861
Feyy

[G]uild [W]ars [E]ye Of The [N]orth
| Mobo: Intel D975XBX2
| GFX: Inno 3D 8800 GTS 640MB
| PhysX: EVGA 8400 GS 256MB
| Memory: 2x1GB OCZ Platinum Rev2 PC6400
| PSU: OCZ StealthXtreme 600W PSU
| Monitor: Acer G24
| HDD: 320GB Seagate Barracuda
| Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline [Blue]
| Mouse: Steelseries Xai
| Mouse mat: Steelseries 4HD
Old 08-11-08, 07:29 PM   #862
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

nm
Old 08-11-08, 08:22 PM   #863
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

i still play off and on.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 02:26 AM   #864
NiukNiuk
The one and only

I still play it, trying to get r6 Koabd with my Paragon
There was an interesting update last week, with "buffs" to unused elite skills.