Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-10-05, 03:31 PM   #97
Clay

Default Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Zero
You guys know anyplace I can download the Guild Wars manual?
http://www.guildwars.com/manual/

I personally believe that us americans are unable to do so because osama.

People out there in our nation don't have that, And I believe that our education like such as south africa and such as the Iraq.

everywhere "such as". And I believe our education should help the US should help the south africa and the iraq and the asian countries so we can build up our future.
-- Miss Teen South Carolina

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 03:57 PM   #98
superklye

Quote:
Edit: BTW this is my first online game, I'm literally a virgin here. If I get this lag people speak of is there anyway to fix it?
Tell your roommates to turn off their torrents.
Get a faster connection
Kill everyone on the server that has lag.

So in reality...there isn't too much you can do. :-\

Enjoy though! I'm loving this game and it would be cool to team up with some other NVNers, I think.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 05:01 PM   #99
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Heh, saw the online manual, I meant the one that comes in the retail box. Thanks though.

As for lag, I saw other people getting it [I didn't]. Anyway I can stop other people from getting lag. Bastards are floating around like panzies, it's creeping me out. One second they're stuck in a run animatoin, the next, speedy fraking gonzalez.

As for my connection, live at home, nothing running in background, 6mbit connection [which is stuck at 3mbits, just called up dslextreme and bitched].

Now, getting to the meat, this game is GORGOUS. And it runs WELL, stock GT was fine at max in-game settings 16x12 2xAA. 4x was pushing it, so I'm going to overclock and see if that helps. SK, what settings do you play at?

BTW, any thoughts on an NvNews Guild?
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-05, 05:21 PM   #100
superklye

Quote:
Heh, saw the online manual, I meant the one that comes in the retail box. Thanks though.

As for lag, I saw other people getting it [I didn't]. Anyway I can stop other people from getting lag. Bastards are floating around like panzies, it's creeping me out. One second they're stuck in a run animatoin, the next, speedy fraking gonzalez.

As for my connection, live at home, nothing running in background, 6mbit connection [which is stuck at 3mbits, just called up dslextreme and bitched].

Now, getting to the meat, this game is GORGOUS. And it runs WELL, stock GT was fine at max in-game settings 16x12 2xAA. 4x was pushing it, so I'm going to overclock and see if that helps. SK, what settings do you play at?

BTW, any thoughts on an NvNews Guild?
I would love to start an NVNews Guild.

And I run at 1280x1024 4xAA/16xAF (forced through drivers). That's the max my monitor can run at, but it runs like butter.

Gorgeous, DirectX 9.0c using SM3.0 butter.
Old 05-10-05, 05:23 PM   #101
superklye

Oh, and I don't think there's anything you can do about other people's lag...except deal with it. which sucks.
Old 05-10-05, 10:08 PM   #102
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

I've been playing it for 6 hours now. I'm a lvl 6 Ranger/Warrior. This game kicks so much ass. And it's so awesome that other people don't exist outside of the cities.
Old 05-10-05, 10:41 PM   #103
superklye

Quote:
I've been playing it for 6 hours now. I'm a lvl 6 Ranger/Warrior. This game kicks so much ass. And it's so awesome that other people don't exist outside of the cities.
Yeah, I frickin' love being able to solo whenever I want...unlike WoW which forced you to be with someone else almost all the time
Old 05-10-05, 11:14 PM   #104
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Talking Re: *** Official Guild Wars Thread ***

I like how you don't have to camp some monster for several hours just to see it killd by random person walking by . And getting daly PvP fix is so easy uh and gotta love that no XP death penelty or loose items , that frustration kills me.

Old 05-11-05, 12:11 AM   #105
superklye

Is there detailed charcater info somewhere? I find it very crappy that I can't find out my damage range, my actual armor, and all those other fun little stats a la every other RPG. All I have is H which tells me basically nothing.
Old 05-11-05, 12:42 AM   #106
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Ya that's the downisde to GW. Game has abosolute **** attritibues/skill system. Ah well, can't win em all. 3D&D has got the skills/feats/attributes/races/classes thing down pat. I say people just borrow it, like how KOTOR did.

Also multiclassing in GW has so far proven to be a complete waste of skill points. My next character will be single-class. Also not having the ability to hand out points at character creation blows goats. I'm too used to NWN/Kotor, well...Bioware in general I guess.
Old 05-11-05, 05:28 AM   #107
Nv40
Agent-Fx

Hey.. im new to this kind od MMPRGS games.. hehe, even dont know how to spell it.. however the montly fee of those games was enough reason for me ,to never care about those games.. that generally the more popular had outdated graphics.

Saw GUild WARS yesterday on my friends house . and WOW.. the graphics are awesome.. Hl2 outdoors looks like a joke in comparison.. hehe and the free online play was to good to be true. My friend bought the Expensive version.. i think it cost ~$80. it comes with extra headphones and and awesome Book (hardcover) with very high quality pages ,with the COncept ARt created by Guild Wars artists of the characters and some of the levels drawings while creating the game.. Amazing Drawings ..going to buy the expensive version for the book alone. hehe I think all MMorpg games have very talented 2d/3d artist.. saw the Warcraft videos and was stunned by their graphics.. unfortunately the actual game look completely diferent , far from cinematic.

My question about Guildwars is HOw it compares with WOW and EVerquest2?
it is a short game in comparison? i remember hearing from everquest1 players stories about people playing for 3years the game..to explore everything made for the game. and also mission packs that expanded even more the terrain of the game. However when it comes to explore "incredible huge worlds" i noticed that the original Everquest was a "Tricky Pony" because it was filled with empty spaces.. flat terrain , Repetive graphics , seemed that they achieved the "huge enviroments" by copy/pasting Big parts of the game.. in simple words cheating.. i really dont want to be mislead in that way ,to make me believe im "exploring" something "new" when the reality is that i was playing all over again the same places ,(with smaller tweaks..with a new rock here or there) So the real created world was far smallers that it seemed to be in the game.

So HOw it compares with WOW and EVerquest2? How BIg is the land you need to explore to finish the game? how long the game is from start to finish?
or WHat their developers have said about future of the game.. DO they have plans to continue "upgrading" the game with more worlds like in happens in other games.. ?

My friends is a MMORPG addict.. he has all of them,, hehe .. EQ2/FFX?,SUperheroes,WOW ,anarchi .and others can;t remember their names ,however he never plays them for more than a few months or weeks. since he has virtually no time to play them , only money to waste.. . however found interesting his comments that GUildWars enviroments arent as flat as in other games like EVERques2.. (while characters are pretty) ,because in GW no only the enviroments are big ,but also there are huge castles and mountains.. things that helps alot to inmerse you in the game.

Also found interesting the dicussion of How The developers of Guildwars run this game online ,with local servers ?.. iwas wondering How the Dynamic of the game works since im new to this games, it is like a deathmatch in some parts... and a single player solo/ in others? theres to many question here... hehe.. if anyone can answer just a few them ,i will apreciatte it.. however the most important are about how this game compares with the big ones..
Nv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-05, 09:13 AM   #108
ynnek

3D&D skills and such never fully works out perfectly on PC RPG's, especially against PVP though.. I'm interested to see what tweaks the upcoming D&D MMORPG coming out is going ot be like.. My coworker sneers at it though, cause he doesn't believe they'll be able to adapt the rules right to make it work in an onlike mmorpg..

Quote:
Ya that's the downisde to GW. Game has abosolute **** attritibues/skill system. Ah well, can't win em all. 3D&D has got the skills/feats/attributes/races/classes thing down pat. I say people just borrow it, like how KOTOR did.

Also multiclassing in GW has so far proven to be a complete waste of skill points. My next character will be single-class. Also not having the ability to hand out points at character creation blows goats. I'm too used to NWN/Kotor, well...Bioware in general I guess.
ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote