Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-11-02, 07:09 AM   #1
Gargr

Cool New Zelda game reviewed by famitsu

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=3773

"We're still waiting for our Japanese correspondent to get us his translation of the review, but the next Zelda game has already made history.

Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takuto is only the fourth game in Famitsu history to receive a 10/10/10/10 ... a PERFECT score. The other three were Vagrant Story (yes, you read that right), the Dreamcast masterpiece that was Soul Calibur, and of course, Ocarina of Time.

Anyone who had any doubts about this game and it's graphical style should proceed to choke on their tongues now, as it appears to be the one thing that has managed to catch the attention of the reviewers and not let go.

We'll have some translated comments as soon as we can. "

Here is a translation:
Grade: 10

"A level of astoundment that exceeds even that exhibited by the previous "Ocarina". Despite being a completely new and ground-breaking work, it's amazing how this title managed to retain everything that defines 'Zelda' to begin with. If you're looking for a new plane of visual expression in games, one different from both photorealistic and anime styles, it can be found right here. Also features a unprecedented depth of story and adventure within the series that takes place across an ocean. To sum up: this title is 100% zelda, and is an absolutely must-play title."

"Utilizing tone rendering as a catalyst of visual expression of sorts and combining it with the highest quality gameplay, game environments and production values, a a miraculous chemical reaction is created with this incredible title. It makes you realize once again that video games truly are the most superior form of entertainment out there. Whatever you do in within the game, it doesn't fail to entertain you in some way. Trust me when I say you won't fail to fall in the love with the world presented within this title."

"Any pangs of anxiety you might have in regards to the anime-like presentation of this game will vanish once you play this title, which will leave no doubts in your mind that this is truly Zelda. The emotions of the various characters come across with an unbelievable level of realism due through eye-based movements/expressions, and there are times when you'll find yourself extremely affected and even on the verge of tears. With a perfect level of difficulty in regards to both the puzzles and battles, this title rewards you immensely for playing it!"

"Whether it be the in-game events, puzzles, or presentation, you'll find yourself experiencing a range of human emotions from puzzlement to amazement. Everytime you pick up this title to proceed onwards in your quest, you'll discover an increased level of excitement. I swear to god I felt like a excited child picking up a videogame for the first time when I played this title. The new setup that allows even those who have never experienced the series to immediately feel right at home gets a huge thumbs up from me."

All u cell shading haters can su... err.. never mind

I just cant wait for this game
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 08:29 AM   #2
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

miyamoto = genius

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 11:52 AM   #3
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

but i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate cel shading, the only one time its ever been good was jet set radio sounds like this will rpoove me wrong but i wish they'd have gone the photo realism route they almost started down with the last zelda.. i liked its occasional gritty bits, and its hints of darkness
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-02, 02:11 PM   #4
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

I want the old Zelda they showed in 2000 where he looked almost realistic BOOOOOO
Old 12-11-02, 05:08 PM   #5
nin_fragile14
Fat Tuna

Did Miyamato head this project? The last game I know he had full control over was Zelda 64; other than that, he just gives "input" into certaing games.
Old 12-11-02, 07:00 PM   #6
thcdru2k

Send a message via ICQ to thcdru2k Send a message via AIM to thcdru2k

yes, new zelda is 100% headed by miyamoto. this is the project he has been working on. the control system that revolves around new gc controler = all miyamoto. he's specifically listed as the Lead Game Creator.

11118 3DMarks
thcdru2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-02, 01:47 PM   #7
lord kelvinn

Well, acording to this article, Miyamoto wasn't the director of the game, but the producer.

The direction was in chargue of Eiji Aonuma, and Miyamoto san was only helping with the cuality assurance.

Anyway, I really liked the first demo of Zelda, tha shows Link really good vs Gannon.

Miyamoto interview
Old 12-20-02, 08:45 AM   #8
NickSpolec

Well, you can say whatever you want about the gameplay, but I hate the style of the looks.

Simply put, IT LOOKS F*CKING GAY.

No...

Really...

The original demo of Zelda for Gamecube, like others have said, looked awesome. Absolutely badass.

I liked how Link looks in the 2D games, and I liked how he looked in the N64 games. But not this one.
NickSpolec is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-02, 11:19 AM   #9
Gargr

Quote:
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Well, you can say whatever you want about the gameplay, but I hate the style of the looks.

Simply put, IT LOOKS F*CKING GAY.

No...

Really...

The original demo of Zelda for Gamecube, like others have said, looked awesome. Absolutely badass.

I liked how Link looks in the 2D games, and I liked how he looked in the N64 games. But not this one.
1 question:
Have you seen the game in motion? I dont know anyone who has seen movies of the new zelda saying that it looks gay. Go download a few vids from ign.

The original demo was a GC tech demo, like the 128 marios
not Zelda demo

And if u liked the 2D Zelda games, try them again, and you'll see the new Zelda is just like them - CARTOONY
"When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Gargr is offline   Reply With Quote