Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: First real image of xbox360, new controller and remote

I could get used to it... but i want that ps3 more than anything
Old 05-08-05, 11:56 AM   #27
overheat

you bunch of nvidia fanboy I wonder if you would have wanted a ps3 as much if ati made the graphic chip for the system

By the way im gonna get both
overheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 12:05 PM   #28
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Why do we have to bring PS3 into this? Its time will come. In anycase got this from TXB.

Quote:
xbox360
1. final name: Xbox 360
2. two versions available at launch [confirmed], one with a removable hard drive, one without. A third version with PC features will be released the following year.
3. optional 2.5" harddrive will be required for Xbox backwards compatability
4. console will be platinum white with removable customizable faceplates
5. console will sit horizontally or vertically
6. will include standard wireless controllers
7. 3.0ghz 3 cores IBM CPU with 512mb ram
8. ATI graphics chip
9. will use a standard DVD drive, not HD DVD.
10. will debut on MTV May 12th 9:30 Pacific time
11. release date- November 2005
12. will have wireless LAN and wireless headset
13. will use current Xbox Live servers
14. Square's ex-president, Hironobu Sakaguchi to develop RPGs through MistWalker Studio
15. All games will support Xbox Live.
16. Gamers will be able to purchase character outfits, new game levels or music through Xbox Live. Microsoft will setup a payment system that will easily allow small ticket items to be purchased.
17. 64mb to 1gb memory cards will be used.
18. optional harddrive will be a mp3/media player
19. controllers will have a Xbox Live connect button
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 12:24 PM   #29
kev13dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbtmagus
Tha is one ugly machine and yes the look of the console means something just as much as does the size of it. Im glad I can trust Sony not to create a pile of crap like that...

To kev12dd and madmartyau, where do you get your rumors? What makes you believe the system would be glossy and shiny? No console to date ever was and I dout they would start now since it would look probably worse. As for the skinning of the console, I dout that aswell... I have not heard of anything of that from any reliable source...
If any of you have an X-box right now, look at the controller. Feel the material, look at the material, poke it with your finger a few times. Now go to your X-box. Feel the material, look at it, compare what it felt like to poke the controller with what it feels like to poke the X-box

Notice anything? They are made out of the same stuff pretty much (at least the normal controllers that came with the X-box) and have the same feel almost

Now look at the picture of the controller from the begining of this thread. Notice how it reflects light? Shiny and glossy? And same color as the X-box 360 picture? Why would they have a flat boring plastic X-box 360 with a nice shiny glossy controller?

Mines not a rumor- it's just a self proclaimed chain of logic. At least for the X-box, the contollers and the console are normally made out of the same sort of stuff and look a like

K
kev13dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 12:28 PM   #30
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

Quote:
lol yeah, why dont they just call it a pc instead of trying to hide it behind the title "xbox"
Because unlike last time, xbox360 is nothing like a PC at all. No x86 compatible chips in this one.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 12:53 PM   #31
vX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty
Because unlike last time, xbox360 is nothing like a PC at all. No x86 compatible chips in this one.
It still uses dual core cpu's, a hard drive, an ati video card and memory for texturing, seems like a pc to me.

It's funny, console fan's bash pc's, yet consoles slowly become pc's. Not just the hardware, but look, downloadable skins, content, patches, xbox live, online gaming, and it's just hilarious to walk into a store and hear how psyched some of the people are, OMG!! downloadable skins....Its like duuuude, pc gamers have been doing this stuff for years and years I mean don;t get me wrong, I like a good console every now and then, even though my ps2 is currently collecting it's 5th layer of dust, so yeah, i'm somehwhat biased toward pc gaming-but sh*t, why not? Look at the things you can do and have been able to do on a pc vs. what their finally getting around to doing on a console.

The difference between the two seems simple. Console fan's are like monkey's, they do the little they've been taught and go ape **** insane when introduced to something different and new. They need things to be simple or you lose their attention. Pc gamers are like mechanics, they like to tinker inside " the box " and upgrade it or just put things to their liking inside. We like to have more control over what we use to play a game. And in my travels, i've found pc gamers to be snobby and some what rude, while I've found console gamers easier to chat with, but very lost once "pc" comes up in a coversation. Not here, i'm talking in real life, if u just start to bull**** with a guy @ best buy or compusa. You guys here are alright.

All in all, to me, xbox 360 looks like a pc with a controller instead of a mouse, but that's me.
vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 04:46 PM   #32
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgamer
It still uses dual core cpu's, a hard drive, an ati video card and memory for texturing, seems like a pc to me.

It's funny, console fan's bash pc's, yet consoles slowly become pc's. Not just the hardware, but look, downloadable skins, content, patches, xbox live, online gaming, and it's just hilarious to walk into a store and hear how psyched some of the people are, OMG!! downloadable skins....Its like duuuude, pc gamers have been doing this stuff for years and years I mean don;t get me wrong, I like a good console every now and then, even though my ps2 is currently collecting it's 5th layer of dust, so yeah, i'm somehwhat biased toward pc gaming-but sh*t, why not? Look at the things you can do and have been able to do on a pc vs. what their finally getting around to doing on a console.

The difference between the two seems simple. Console fan's are like monkey's, they do the little they've been taught and go ape **** insane when introduced to something different and new. They need things to be simple or you lose their attention. Pc gamers are like mechanics, they like to tinker inside " the box " and upgrade it or just put things to their liking inside. We like to have more control over what we use to play a game. And in my travels, i've found pc gamers to be snobby and some what rude, while I've found console gamers easier to chat with, but very lost once "pc" comes up in a coversation. Not here, i'm talking in real life, if u just start to bull**** with a guy @ best buy or compusa. You guys here are alright.

All in all, to me, xbox 360 looks like a pc with a controller instead of a mouse, but that's me.
Gaming is gaming. The only real damn difference is that your use a controller with one and K/M with the other. We can get into graphics, how much fun and money it is to build a PC, how for behind consoles are in technology but why? A true gamer can appreciate both without nit picking either one. To be a true fan of consoles I think you have to have played systems like SNES, Genesis and not just a PS2 because you wont no why some just love consoles because of pure gameplay and not techno, mumbo, jumbo which although I love, I hate how its all thats really being focused on of late. Yes there getting closer to being like a PC but its just concept evolving.

Consoles have come along way and so has PC's but one is faltering by just relying on FPS while forgetting every other genre and thus making the advancements in techology meaningless. Consoles this time around has caught "IMO" and you know what?, they just dont rely on one genre but MANY. So that "vs" thing you bring up I think will be mute with this generation especially if some of those rumors about the X360 are true. Every thing a "high-end" pc has and more at $399 with all the many games a console has. Winner?

PC gaming even though its takes the majority of my time and money I really think has gone to waste. It is not progressing and its not like it has time to make a about face. I cant tell you how pissed I am I cant find a game that comes close to Grim fandango some 7 years after its release. The genre is basiclly dead.

Damn you for making me rant.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-05, 07:35 PM   #33
vX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
PC gaming even though its takes the majority of my time and money I really think has gone to waste. It is not progressing and its not like it has time to make a about face. I cant tell you how pissed I am I cant find a game that comes close to Grim fandango some 7 years after its release. The genre is basiclly dead.

Damn you for making me rant.
I love fps's so I don't mind so much, but you're right, if you aren't a fps'er or rts'er, you're up a creek. But I think that's been obvious for years, it's not like just suddenly pc gaming has focused more on these two generes than anything else. I mean, look at 99% of blockbuster games that started on pc, that got ported over, they've either been fps or rts, doom, doom 2, quake, quake 2, duke nukem, hexen, throw in an oddball like the sims, then warcraft series, age of empire series, diablo, half-life series, unreal series....see what i'm saying? I don't really think it's dying, it's just doing it's thing, seems to have been the focus for a while now. And seeing as games like doom 3, half-life 2, farcry and painkiller are being ported over, I think it's safe to say pc gaming will be alright. It can't die, it's too open. There's too much freedom for developers on pc.

Sorry for making you rant.
vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 08:01 PM   #34
Vagrant Zero
I'm a Back Door Man

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgamer
I love fps's so I don't mind so much, but you're right, if you aren't a fps'er or rts'er, you're up a creek. But I think that's been obvious for years, it's not like just suddenly pc gaming has focused more on these two generes than anything else. I mean, look at 99% of blockbuster games that started on pc, that got ported over, they've either been fps or rts, doom, doom 2, quake, quake 2, duke nukem, hexen, throw in an oddball like the sims, then warcraft series, age of empire series, diablo, half-life series, unreal series....see what i'm saying? I don't really think it's dying, it's just doing it's thing, seems to have been the focus for a while now. And seeing as games like doom 3, half-life 2, farcry and painkiller are being ported over, I think it's safe to say pc gaming will be alright. It can't die, it's too open. There's too much freedom for developers on pc.

Sorry for making you rant.
That might be true if you're new to PC Gaming. I got into PC gaming through games like Commander Keen, Duke Nukem [the original non FPS one], X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Wing Commander, Monkey Island, and then eventually all the kickass rpgs, the BGs, IWDs, Fallouts and Planescapes. No, PC gaming has changed quite a great deal in the last few years, all for the worse I'm afraid. If it keeps going this way I may not be a PC gamer for much longer.
Vagrant Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 09:01 PM   #35
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I think the new XBOX 360 looks pretty neat, especially compared to earlier consoles like PS2 and XBOX. My one big hope for both the XBOX 360 and PS3 is a fast, smooth machine with some excellent graphics. When I say excellent, it better be todays top GPU technology, not a 9800 Pro. Also, I've noticed that newer PS2 games like San Andreas and a few other are real laggy and has a slow frame rate. So, like I said, I'd really like to see a fast, smooth machine with some top notch graphics.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05, 09:21 PM   #36
Acid Rain
What a sweet little...

Default Re: First real image of xbox360!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Wow thats ugly...
Well, there's always spraypaint and glosscoat!

On PC gaming becoming stale, I only partially agree. I love way to many titles both current and old to fully agree. I think the worst thing about PC gaming is that they haven't developed (to my knowledge) a suitable replacement for wasd controls. They need to integrate a true gamer's tool into the keyboard. It's loooong overdue. I don't mean an in hand controller, but something built into the keyboard that actually fits most hands and boasts some ergonomics. Kludgy offset keys just don't suit our high end gaming rigs.
RAM: 4GB KHX6400D2LLK2
3D Porkware: Radeon HD 4890
Aux Equipment: Phase-B Nanocycloptics
Acid Rain is offline   Reply With Quote