Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-12-05, 08:23 AM   #61
|MaguS|

Default Re: First real image of xbox360, new controller and remote

Maybe those companies don't want to deal with a partner that can't put forth thier part of the deal? Nvidia had to fight to get paid for thier chips due to the Xbox's poor sales.
Old 05-12-05, 08:33 AM   #62
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
It seems like Microsoft had some bad experiences with Intel and Nvidia because with the Xbox 360 they decided to deal with completely different companies (ATI for GPU and IBM for Processor).
They did. MS feels Nvidia did them wrong by not lowering the prices of the GPU which is in the XBox as time went on. You would think costs associated with hardware especially a GPU should fall in price as technology improves. Nvida saw otherwise and wouldnt lower the price and dont forget the XBox GPU is based really on the MX series so MS was still paying top dollars for old technology. MS even took them to court but I cant remember the outcome.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 08:51 AM   #63
|MaguS|

Outcome: Link

Basics of the lawsuit was that MS wanted the chips cheaper and with unlimited ordering capabilities while Nvidia wanted to keep the cost high due to reaching teh profits they tried to reach with the system. Basically MS wanted to lower the 13 Million deal to better fit them and leave Nvidia out in the cold, Nvidia saw no reason why they should lower thier profits to make the deal better on MS's side.

Filing
Old 05-12-05, 09:16 AM   #64
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Microsoft to Unveil Universal Gaming Controller at E3

This is great, I yet to find a PC controller I like as much as console controller. They all just feel odd and uncomfortable.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8225/M...troller-at-E3/

Quote:
For the first time, at this year's E3 Microsoft will reveal a prototype of the universal gaming controller. Designed for use on Windows-based PCs and the Xbox 360, the controller will allow gamers to enjoy a consistent playing experience across Microsoft's gaming platforms.

"The universal gaming controller will provide a Windows controller standard that helps game developers bring different genres -- such as racing, sports and action/adventure -- to the Windows platform more easily," said Chris Donahue, group manager of Windows Graphics and Gaming Technologies at Microsoft. "Gamers will have more playing options with a familiar, versatile and well-designed gamepad-style controller."
Old 05-12-05, 09:23 AM   #65
brady
I'm like everyone else.

the more i hear about the next gen consoles the more convinced i am that i should stick will my pc gaming hobby. it seems like (especially MS) they are trying to weld the two platforms together with things like the universal controller and cross platform multiplayer and more universal SDK for creation. it also seems that several of the next gen games are in production for the pc at the same time. so i thinks to myself...if i want the best gfx (which i do) then stick we pc cuz you can upgrade...

i think the idea of a universal controller is great. ive been playing all my games with a modded xbox controller on my flat screen tv...i know half life 2 is easier with a mouse but there is just something WAY cooler about kicking back in a couch and playing with a controller. common people seem to be much more impressed by it...hehe.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 01:27 PM   #66
killahsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnek
Xbox 2 is going to be awesome once its out.. (like late this year right?)

Its graphics is going to be better than the best PC stuff.. or at the very least, equal to the best PC stuff, for hundreds less.

But after a year or so, the PC will catch up.. and after a few years, surpass it.. like always.

I'm hoping future PC games will be able to take advantage of a PC more powerful processors, and have more enemies, better AI, more objects etc..

Although since, gaming is starting to become multiplatform... like what other people have said, serving the lowest demoniator may put the damper on PC games.

Console games generally never have the depth of some PC games have though... or the user mod and community around them... The day PC gaming dies, is probably the day I drastically cut down on gaming too..

3 months after xbox 2 the pc will run the same games faster at higher resolutions with more features enabled. On the day of release the highest end computer will run the same games at around the same frames, on higher res's.

As much as i love gaming both genres, the industry does not shoot itself in the foot. R&D ran at the same time for all 3 consoles within the pc spectrum so that it would be a more seamless transition between not only technology but games.

The console to really fear is the ps2 or rathers its technology, if your a pc hardware addict.
killahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 02:03 PM   #67
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Cred to Tiny on [H]. Do you see Ghost Recon 3?

Old 05-12-05, 02:05 PM   #68
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Another one..DOA4?
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1483_en.html

Old 05-12-05, 02:21 PM   #69
oldsk00l

Those screens look incredible, Liquid
Old 05-12-05, 03:12 PM   #70
Edge
3d animator for hire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahsin
3 months after xbox 2 the pc will run the same games faster at higher resolutions with more features enabled. On the day of release the highest end computer will run the same games at around the same frames, on higher res's.
I don't see how that's even possible, considering the Xbox 360's native resolution uses more pixels than 1600x1200. Are there even any commercial monitors that can go higher than that? The only ones I've seen that are capable of more than that are the industrial-sized 23" and higher monitors. Especially on LCDs since they're all resolution-locked.

Anyway though, I hope someone translates that article, it looks pretty interesting. So does the Xbox 360 include the harddrive by default then? And what's the word on backwards compatability?
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-05, 03:16 PM   #71
oldsk00l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I don't see how that's even possible, considering the Xbox 360's native resolution uses more pixels than 1600x1200. Are there even any commercial monitors that can go higher than that? The only ones I've seen that are capable of more than that are the industrial-sized 23" and higher monitors. Especially on LCDs since they're all resolution-locked.

Anyway though, I hope someone translates that article, it looks pretty interesting. So does the Xbox 360 include the harddrive by default then? And what's the word on backwards compatability?
Also consider that you get into the requisit of two DVI inputs on those ultra-high resolution monitors just to drive them. I think we're hitting a territory that once you have 1600x1200, and your standard 4x AF/AA combinations....you're not going to see the real differences except in detail and framerate..rather than resolution

Good point man.
Old 05-12-05, 05:35 PM   #72
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
So does the Xbox 360 include the harddrive by default then? And what's the word on backwards compatability?
Yeah, by default, there is a 20 GB HDD and you can upgrade by getting a 40 GB HDD. As far as backward capatability, lets just say that if they didn't allow that, talk about M$ = teh dumb.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote