Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-05, 07:07 AM   #37
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

I so hate the look of the console, its Fing ugly as hell. As for the games, they look good but I expect alot more out of the nextgen. I will still probably buy the system at launch just because im a game ***** and always end up owning all them anyway...

Still think PS3 will be better though, Sony is just too quiet to not have something up thier sleeve.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 07:41 AM   #38
brady
I'm like everyone else.
 
brady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,376
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

Still think PS3 will be better though, Sony is just too quiet to not have something up thier sleeve.

i agree. mostly because im a nvidia fanboy. and also because sony already tricked me into getting a psp so why would i want xbox360 if i cant interface with it?
__________________
C2Q @ 3.6GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 8GB DDR2 | EVGA GTX 580 SC 1.5GB | Windows 7 Ultimate x64

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 07:52 AM   #39
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

Well I watched the trailers, read editors POV, read articles on the Xbox 360 and looked at pictures... I can honestly say Im not impressed at all. I hope E3 has more to show because many of the games graphically didn't look so hot.

The system on paper has such raw horse power (funny how they haven't mentioned its sound capabilties though) yet many of the games "looked" like last generation or equal to PC graphics, with such power it should technically be able to suprass PC's for atleast acouple of months till the new GPUs are available. I understand that this is the first gen titles but some are pretty far in development hinting at they have been working on them for sometime.

PS: Still can't get over how craptastic the console looks...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 08:54 AM   #40
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!
 
ENU291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,312
Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

That entire Xbox 360 debut on MTV was the cheesiest, most overblown waste of time I have ever seen. Stop with the music and crappy special effects and show more of the system. It was a half an hour infomercial. They might as well had the Ronco crew selling rotisserie ovens next to the Xbox 360... "Set it annnddddd.... FORGET IT!!!" Crap!
__________________
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx


Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 10:00 AM   #41
svetli_pp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 137
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

What do you expect? 300$ -- 720p -- high definition gaming))))))) My pc is 1000$ and is below midrange. I play every game 1024 at 100Hz everything on max. So save consoles for kids and rest assured -- pc gaming is not dead.
svetli_pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 10:55 AM   #42
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

You guys are missing a huge concept. For example, my PC (specs below) costs me over $1500 and it's never ever been "top of the line". There are still a few times where I cannot play games maxed out for that particular reason. Now take a look at the XBOX 360. You can have High Definition gaming (full AA and AF) with a GPU that is on par with current PC graphics cards and raw CPU power for how much? Less than $500? That's one heck of a deal to me. You guys build me a PC that can do that for $500 or less and I'll shut up.

The MTV special last night was supposed to "unveil" the system overall, not any detailed specs or things like that. Heck, what celebrity or MTV viewer cares about what kind of GPU the 360 holds? E3 is next week and I'm 100% positive that they will release more information. Also, all of the specs of the 360 aren't set in stone yet, some are still "subject to change" (sorry no source, currently looking for it).

And as for the games, how many of those games for the 360 are final and ready to sell at this very second in time? None! They are still in alpha, beta stages. If you were creating that game and all of the "eye candy" wasn't implemented yet, would you want to show millions of people how crappy your game looks? No way. That's why they didn't give you full screen action (or any action for more than a second). Most of the games I saw last night didn't impress me very much either (Quake 4, CoD2) but other games (NFSU:MW, Ghost Recon and Perfect Dark) looked very amazing.

Since we still don't have ANY details on the PS3, I cannot make a good judgement on which system will kick the other one's arse.

PC gaming isn't dead. IMO, the XBOX 360 does make a small threat to PC gaming in the fact that consoles are a whole heck of a lot cheaper. The 360 is 1/5 of what my PC rig cost me and is on par hardware wise. YIKES!

Last edited by six_storm; 05-13-05 at 04:01 PM.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 11:07 AM   #43
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
You guys are missing a huge concept. For example, my PC (specs below) costs me over $1500 and it's never ever been "top of the line". There are still a few times where I cannot play games maxed out for that particular reason. Now take a look at the XBOX 360. You can have High Definition gaming (full AA and AF) with a GPU that is on par with current PC graphics cards and raw CPU power for how much? Less than $500? That's one heck of a deal to me. You guys build me a PC that can do that for $500 or less and I'll shut up.

The MTV special last night was supposed to "unveil" the system overall, not any detailed specs or things like that. Heck, what celebrity or MTV viewer cares about what kind of GPU the 360 holds? E3 is next week and I'm 100% positive that they will release more information. Also, all of the specs of the 360 aren't set in stone yet, some are still "subject to change" (sorry no source, currently looking for it).

And as for the games, how many of those games for the 360 are final and ready to sell at this very second in time? None! They are still in alpha, beta stages. If you were creating that game and all of the "eye candy" wasn't implemented yet, would you want to show millions of people how crappy your game looks? No way. That's why they didn't give you full screen action (or any action for more than a second). Most of the games I saw last night didn't impress me very much either (Quake 4, CoD2) but other games (NFSU:MW, Ghost Recon and Perfect Dark) looked very amazing.

Since we still don't have ANY details on the PS3, I cannot make a good judgement on which system will kick the other one's arse.

PC gaming is dead. IMO, the XBOX 360 does make a small threat to PC gaming in the fact that consoles are a whole heck of a lot cheaper. The 360 is 1/5 of what my PC rig cost me and is on par hardware wise. YIKES!
PC Gaming will never die as long as keyboard and mice are not a standard for consoles.

As for your comparison, Who cares about the power of the console if it can't accomplish what a PC came, a console is only developed with one thing in mind, GAMES. PCs do alot more and can do alot more with games. Untill Console Games allow you to mod them freely they will never compete fully with PC Games.

now please stop comparing the PC and Console market, they are two different entities...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 11:25 AM   #44
vX
 
vX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 508
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

exactly, just because consoles are getting more powerful doesnt mean pc gaming is dead. You still have PLENTY of gamers who prefer pc's over consoles, which means there's still a market for pc games. As long as people own pc's, games will be made on them.

I'll save the $300 a xbox 360 would cost me and add $200 to it and just get a new gen r520 or g70 before I buy into this crap.
vX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-05, 11:32 AM   #45
oldsk00l
 
oldsk00l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,663
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

Also the guys who tripe on and on about how powerfully pwnz3rz teh (insert next generation console here) is going to be is really old.

I've heard it about Saturn/PSX, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and now Xbox Next/PS3. I'm sure when Revolution gets closer we'll be hearing how innovative it is and no PC can compare to it.

As much as I hate to say this (and I will get flamed for it) there will always be suckers who pay 10x for the PC experience as the console experience...even though they are largely the same except for the pen0s contest that PC's have become.
__________________
The Adama maneuver was incredible, go watch Exodus pt 2.
oldsk00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 11:37 AM   #46
vX
 
vX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 508
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

I love high resolutions too much, and I can't afford a $2,000 dollar hdtv, so pc gaming is my choice. I also enjoy the mod community, maps, skins, etc. I've grown too used to making more out of the game that what I paid for in the box, UT2K4 is a perfect example of this. Console games are still generally what u pay for is what u get, where as pc games have plenty extensions thanks to the community. But I see your point, seeing doom 3 and soon hl2 on xbox makes me a bit ticked...like man, they paid $150 for that to run, I paid so much more, but at the same time, they also get lower res textures, etc.
vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 11:42 AM   #47
oldsk00l
 
oldsk00l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,663
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgamer
I love high resolutions too much, and I can't afford a $2,000 dollar hdtv, so pc gaming is my choice. I also enjoy the mod community, maps, skins, etc. I've grown too used to making more out of the game that what I paid for in the box, UT2K4 is a perfect example of this. Console games are still generally what u pay for is what u get, where as pc games have plenty extensions thanks to the community. But I see your point, seeing doom 3 and soon hl2 on xbox makes me a bit ticked...like man, they paid $150 for that to run, I paid so much more, but at the same time, they also get lower res textures, etc.
But, if they had/are porting it to the 360 then you get an out of box experience that is even better...and it's at $450 instead of the PC price.

You got a good point about the mod community though. It's soon to tell whether or not Live! Silver will bring this to consoles. It would be nice if it did, community based vendors for mods etc.
__________________
The Adama maneuver was incredible, go watch Exodus pt 2.
oldsk00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-05, 02:14 PM   #48
six_storm
Registered User
 
six_storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 11,575
Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: XBOX360 revealed tonight @ 9:30PM EST/PST on MTV

Whoa, whoa, I wasn't comparing Consoles to PC (not overall). I was comparing the PRICE of the two. And I completly agree with oldsk00l on this one.

Quote:
As much as I hate to say this (and I will get flamed for it) there will always be suckers who pay 10x for the PC experience as the console experience...even though they are largely the same except for the pen0s contest that PC's have become.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I know that PC gaming is a booming industry and has been for a long time. I never said that PC gaming is dead. What I've come to realize is that I am feeling kinda stupid for paying $1500+ on my PC (and a crappy OS ) when I can basically (notice I said basically) get the same experience but maybe with "lower res textures". I'm trying to get through college right now and I don't have much money to be saving for ANOTHER PC upgrade anytime soon.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.