Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-08-05, 09:44 AM   #37
Zelda_fan

Default Re: Nintendo Revolution video leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw15062
I dont know if any of you guys actually watched the video with your eyes open or not, but the Nintendo ON is not the next game system it is a device that is optional that connects to your game system, It shows it connecting to a gamecube and a small mystery box wich fits the perportion of the new Revolution, Nintendo since the SNES has used the same Video connector through out all its system, which leads me to believe that almost any system made by nintendo will be able to connect, and with the Tech abilities of the Revolution it would be safe to beleive that dual video output * steroscopic vision) is very plausible. It also shows how it can be veiwed from a tv or other portable device. I believe this is something in the works but will be released after the revolution, after all I had a victor max headset with motion tracking since the sega genisis and the SNES it worked on both system and because Nintendo never changed their connection it still works on the Gamecube to (minus the head tracking). This IS the next logical step in video games and Nintendo is obvioulsy not afriad of Expirmenting with new Ideas and bringing back old ones too.
Just expect the unexpected the closest thing sony has done with VR is the dated Sony Glasstrons (look on ebay) and the Eye Toy (which we know will also be intergrated into some of the PS3 games) , Sega too has expirimented in VR but never released anything substantal to the consumers.

You know, that could be a good point, and it would make a lot of sense. Nintendo *did* say they wouldn't showcase any of the Revolution input devices becasue they were afraid other companies would copy the innovation. Some people complained about the new look of the leaked nintendo controllers (a controller for each hand) but if you had a helmet thingy like this it would make perfect sense as you would want your hands free.

As far as people saying it is a "confirmed fake" just because IGN says something dosen't make it gosple. The fact still remains that the video looks *very* well done, and it does seem out of reach for an over zealous fan.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 09:47 AM   #38
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nw15062
I dont know if any of you guys actually watched the video with your eyes open or not, but the Nintendo ON is not the next game system it is a device that is optional that connects to your game system, It shows it connecting to a gamecube and a small mystery box wich fits the perportion of the new Revolution, Nintendo since the SNES has used the same Video connector through out all its system, which leads me to believe that almost any system made by nintendo will be able to connect, and with the Tech abilities of the Revolution it would be safe to beleive that dual video output * steroscopic vision) is very plausible. It also shows how it can be veiwed from a tv or other portable device. I believe this is something in the works but will be released after the revolution, after all I had a victor max headset with motion tracking since the sega genisis and the SNES it worked on both system and because Nintendo never changed their connection it still works on the Gamecube to (minus the head tracking). This IS the next logical step in video games and Nintendo is obvioulsy not afriad of Expirmenting with new Ideas and bringing back old ones too.
Just expect the unexpected the closest thing sony has done with VR is the dated Sony Glasstrons (look on ebay) and the Eye Toy (which we know will also be intergrated into some of the PS3 games) , Sega too has expirimented in VR but never released anything substantal to the consumers.

No, the video was fake. Did you even watch the whole thing? Several parts of the video blatantly refute pretty much everything you said.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 10:07 AM   #39
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
No, the video was fake. Did you even watch the whole thing? Several parts of the video blatantly refute pretty much everything you said.
what did the video refute? I just rewatched it, and what he's saying could be possible. At one point in the video it showed the Nintendo ON connecting with the Gamecube and a small rectangular shaped box (very similar to what what shown at E3 for the revolution) with a question mark on it. This video was made BEFORE the revolution debut at E3 so whoever made the video was obviously on the inside.

Something is definatly up with nintendo's revolution controller for sure. IGN just visited a revolution press conference this morning and had to say the following things.

Quote:
The controller in particular seems to be getting quite a bit of attention, with Nintendo software master Shigeru Miyamoto commenting at the press conference that the company is making a big investment in creating the device. Iwata added, "I think you will be surprised by the Revolution's controller
hmmm interesting

Quote:
Backwards compatibility for GameCube goes beyond just the software. You'll be able to use all controllers (Wave Bird included), memory cards, the Mario Party microphone, the Dance Dance dance pad and even the Donkey Konga konga controller.
hmm interesting as well

If this Nintendo ON is a reality, it's going to be the biggest news in the gaming world since the origional super mario brothers. MS and Sony prepare to get pwnd (although I still like the xbox 360 and might get one anyway).
Old 06-08-05, 10:21 AM   #40
|MaguS|

Considering that the controller has just been reported to not have been completed I would guess that any refrence to what it will do and how it would look is irelevent. The video has also been proven to be fake by Gamespot...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6124668.html

Quote:
What we heard: Over the weekend, many a Nintendophile found what they thought was next-gen gold: a video clip showing what appears to be Nintendo's next-generation console, currently code-named the "Revolution." The video shows a truly revolutionary device indeed--named the "Nintendo On"--one that senses movement, Minority Report-style and has no controls whatsoever. It appears to demonstrate how the On will translate a user's movement into that of a game character, in this case Samus from Metroid. It also shows that the machine won't need a television either, since it will project the image into a set of goggles with built-in headphones. But not even Nintendo is crazy enough to repeat the Virtual Boy mistake. Today, forums were aflame with a rough translation of someone claiming to have created the video. But rather than being merely a prank, it appears that it was done as a protest against the short life span of consoles. "Commerciality forces companies to put out new consoles every 2 or 3 years with the only intent being to erase the limits (set by current consoles) for game developers. This does not allow game developers to let their imagination run wild and delight us (the gamers) with transcendent new games," said the Spain-based poster. But the video was no skin off Nintendo's collective behind. "Anyone is welcome to cover fan art, fan films, etc., so long as they report it as such," a rep told GameSpot.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus.
Man, I was told I was gullibale for believing that the PS3 could create graphics shown off by Killzone 2 trailer but come on... If you honestly believed this then you need serious help, we are no where near able to create such techonlogy for the average home. Current VR sets cost thousands and cannot graphically and playability (they are slow and very unresponsive) compare to a normal console.
Old 06-08-05, 10:37 AM   #41
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Considering that the controller has just been reported to not have been completed I would guess that any refrence to what it will do and how it would look is irelevent. The video has also been proven to be fake by Gamespot...

Man, I was told I was gullibale for believing that the PS3 could create graphics shown off by Killzone 2 trailer but come on... If you honestly believed this then you need serious help, we are no where near able to create such techonlogy for the average home. Current VR sets cost thousands and cannot graphically and playability (they are slow and very unresponsive) compare to a normal console.
So their proof is someone in an internet forum claimed to make the video?

Look, do I honestly believe this is a reality? No. But do I hope it happens? Yes. Do I think it is in the realm of possibility? Yes. I do believe the technology for this is there, and Nintendo always has a knack for introducing new technology with their products.
Old 06-08-05, 10:47 AM   #42
|MaguS|

Thier proof is NINTENDO responding that it was a FAN MADE VIDEO. Read the last sentance, a REPRESENTIVE commented on the video.

No its not in the realm of possibility either, why? Well how would the helmet monitor your movement without taping into your nervous system? How does it know im flaying my arms around or kicking wieldly? Nintendos new technology are toys, Never have they introduced technology that was more advance then current available technology or completly new... ever...

And again, It would be WAY to costly to make and to sell. Nintendo is always about budget, they don't take any risks anymore...
Old 06-09-05, 06:57 AM   #43
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Thier proof is NINTENDO responding that it was a FAN MADE VIDEO. Read the last sentance, a REPRESENTIVE commented on the video.

No its not in the realm of possibility either, why? Well how would the helmet monitor your movement without taping into your nervous system? How does it know im flaying my arms around or kicking wieldly? Nintendos new technology are toys, Never have they introduced technology that was more advance then current available technology or completly new... ever...

And again, It would be WAY to costly to make and to sell. Nintendo is always about budget, they don't take any risks anymore...
It said representitive not nintendo representitive. And you can never trust these "so called" reps anyway. STILL like I said, I don't think it's going to happen, but I'm just saying it would be cool if it did.

And I do believe it is possible. A helmet with a motion sensor could at least detect how your head moved. Also, do you remember those two 1 handed controllers that were rumored to be revolution controllers? If they had motion sensors then they could track the movement of your hand as well. I know it sounds a bit far fetches, and that's becasue it is, but it is within the realm of possibility.
Old 06-09-05, 09:07 AM   #44
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonk
It said representitive not nintendo representitive. And you can never trust these "so called" reps anyway.
Re-read that bit from our point of view. How do you think that would sound?

Let's see...the video is 100% CG? Yep. ANYONE could have made it. Nintendo characters designs shown in the video look absolutely nothing like they should? Yep. Mario and Samus are grossly disproportioned. And that is to say nothing of the ridiculous technology shown in the video. At one point it was showing what, 3 million castles? With hundreds of fully lit, textured polygons in each one? In that tiny little box? Yeah, I don't think so. And what about that motion sensor technology? How the hell would it know you were walking forward or backward? You'd have to walk in place! And God help Nintendo when some little kid thinks he's supposed to walk forward and falls down the stairs!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote